• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex RazorHD Gen III 6-36x56 vs NF ATACR 7-35x56

They exist, but no one shares them unless the brand being showcased is NF. Echo chambers are a heck of a drug.

Appreciate you sharing that, would love to see the paper target he shot at. I wouldn’t say it’s to the same level of torture as NF testing at least from their videos but the USO seemed to retain zero when he shot at steel so that’s good. There seems to always be tension around these “tests” and videos especially on forums I just find it interesting is all, and truly wish their were more visor just to watch. Not sure what the echo chambers is about but me personally I trust NF scopes, are they the best at everything of course not but I trust them and use them a wide variety of conditions and thought a torture test of multiple optics would be interesting.

But how does the 6-36 S3 compare to the NF 7-35? pretty nice sale going on at MHS right now wouldn't mind trying one out. I was one of the ones that got screwed with shit Razor release turrets so I sold and never looked back.

But how does the 6-36 S3 compare to the NF 7-35? pretty nice sale going on at MHS right now wouldn't mind trying one out. I was one of the ones that got screwed with shit Razor release turrets so I sold and never looked back.
G3 has better glass, features and reticle IMO. Ive got some time behind the 7-35 and class last week had one on each side of me. If they were the same price it would be a harder decision, but I would still take the the razor. One being 50-100% more expensive, its not even a comparison IMO.

If I had to choose purely on glass performance alone between my LRP S3 6-36x56 and my ATACR F1 5-25x56… The nod goes to the Zeiss, simply because my eyes prefer the brighter glass and much larger internal FOV of the S3.

But as far as glass clarity, I’d say the ATACR might have a slight edge at full magnification. However, When looking through the ATACR, you get a very constricted internal FOV, and it feels like you’re looking through a paper towel roll… I really wish NF would fix this.

As for turrets…The ATACR wins that one. The S3 turrets are nice and smooth and definitive, but the NF turrets are even better.

Between the MIL-XT and the ZF-MRi reticles, I prefer the MIL-XT, but both are nice. If the Zeiss reticle was slightly thinner and didn’t have solid lines between the dots, it wouldn’t bother me, just saying…

Reactions: Islas82
much larger internal FOV of the S3.

But as far as glass clarity, I’d say the ATACR might have a slight edge at full magnification. However, When looking through the ATACR, you get a very constricted internal FOV, and it feels like you’re looking through a paper towel roll… I really wish NF would fix this.

This really only applies to the 525 ATACR, which is a second tier scope

re: S3 636 v. ATACR 735

FOV is essentially the same in the mid to upper magnification range

735 ATACR tunnels horribly below 8.5x, but not above. Above 8.5x it does not have a constricted internal FOV

S3 should have greater DOF, better parallax adjustment, & more forgiving eyebox

Has Zeiss fixed all of their teething issues with their LRP S3 and replacements? I recall reading a thread about shooters having to send theirs in for warranty twice to three times in less than a year.