• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

vortex sparc question,

TOPGuN050

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
Butler PA
hows it going?

i am considering on buying a vortex sparc red dot sight for my AR, i was wondering if anyone has ever run this particular sight offset. would this be possible with a scope mounted on top or is the sparc to bulky? i have read a few forums with threads pertaining to this and get mixed answers. some say yes you can do it and mount it just about anywhere, some say if its offset you have to mount it in front of the primary optic. and some say its just a bad idea all together.

any opinions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have it on my AR22 (.22lr). It works and it's covered by the vortex warranty. I gave it a shot and found it used for a decent price. I've been satisfied with it and the zero on the .22 holds true at every range trip. I have not compared it to a Bushnell so I couldn't give you a comparison.

Just don't expect it to be an aimpoint though!

ebay man, ebay. I have been looking at them for a primary on a 300 blk. search the listings for the best buy it now, watch the shipping and away you go

you should look in optics, we have a vendor here listing them for 199

Last edited:
sparc3.jpgsparc1.jpgsparc2.jpg

pics up, it works like a dream.

I purchased one nib on eBay for $149 and am pleased thus far. I am mounting it on a Colt M4 22lr but have not shot it yet. It is comparable to an Aimpoint T1 but not as small. I have it mounted in a LaRue QD but have not picked up the rifle yet. Seems to be great for the money. Hope this helps...