• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex SPARC

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Im thinking about purchasing one of these for one of my 16" AR builds.

For around <span style="font-weight: bold">$199.00 </span>thats a good price but I dont know the quality of it.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">With the optic you get these for accessories:</span> From what i have read about it includes:

2x Magnifier
Extra High Riser
High Riser
low Riser
Riser Shim
Batteries
Hex Wrench

SPL_009.jpg

SPL_006.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline">For other available accessores you could purchase:</span>
3x Magnifier
ARD filter

Heres the build I plan on putting it on. I was going to go with a Aimpoint but for the price for one of these im thinking of trying one out.
0410101233-00.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Has anybody purchased one of these and how do you like it?</span></span>

If you have one of these on one of your ARs post a pic of it, I would love to see it.

Re: Vortex SPARC

Can't say about the PARC, so perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut. I just did, however buy my 2nd StrikeFire from a hide member. For the $ and the fact that it is a VORTEX, has me convinced.

hello im new to the forum but thought I could offer up what I know . while I dont have a spark I do own a strikefire and it has been nothing but reliable since I purchased it a year ago . I currently have it mounted on my 458 socom and have run over 500 rounds of full power loads through it with out any issues and prior to this it set on my 16 inch carbine with way over 1000 rounds down the tube . it is still on the same battery it came with. I suppose if you are a leo or soldier then maybe an aimpoint would be more in order simply for the fact you can turn an aimpoint on and leave it on in a state of readiness for long periods of time . but if your looking for something to punch paper with or use on a hunting rifle then it is good to go. here it is on my 458

DSC_0105.jpg

Got one for my GSG5. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is that the laser illumination is visible from the front. For a range toy, not a problem, but something to keep in mind.

I love my SPARC. Just finished an advanced patrol rifle school with it mounted on a 10.5" Noveske. After 1800 rounds in 3 days it held it's zero perfect. We were doing alot of transition drills, running, dropping to the ground to go prone. It has held up pretty good. The battery life could be longer but for what you get in the package, It's a deal for me. There is some stuff on AR15.com about it where one guy reallly put it through its paces by putting in the fridge overnight, left it outside overnight, dunked it in water, and fired it on several diffrent rifles,(ar15, AK) but don't if any others. Great alternative to the AIMPOINT MINI, but the battery life on the AIMPOINT is just amazing though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my SPARC. Just finished an advanced patrol rifle school with it mounted on a 10.5" Noveske. After 1800 rounds in 3 days it held it's zero perfect. We were doing alot of transition drills, running, dropping to the ground to go prone. It has held up pretty good. The battery life could be longer but for what you get in the package, It's a deal for me. There is some stuff on AR15.com about it where one guy reallly put it through its paces by putting in the fridge overnight, left it outside overnight, dunked it in water, and fired it on several diffrent rifles,(ar15, AK) but don't if any others. Great alternative to the AIMPOINT MINI, but the battery life on the AIMPOINT is just amazing though. </div></div>

Do you have any pics of it on your AR you could share?

Here are some pics I took mounted on one of my AR's comparing the SPARC to a Aimpoint ML2 (don't have a T-1 yet!)
sparc0041.jpg

sparc0071.jpg

sparc0131.jpg

Since I took these pictures I added a LaRue LT-660HK Mount which puts the SPARC just slightly above Co-Witness (sorry no through site pics at the moment)

Only complaint I have with the SPARC so far is that it does not get as dim as I would like during lowlight, it gets plenty bright though!

I got a SPARC from a freq. shooting partner/ Hide member. He had aprox. 500 rounds of use on the optic over several months, so basically it was LNIB when I bought it from him. Between the encouraging results from the torture test over on arfcom, the warranty from Vortex, and the previous owner not having any issues with it, I was happy to try it out.

My first impression was that the glass has quite a blueish tint to it. I didn't like that. As for function, I noticed the dot going in and out under recoil from the get go. I figured it was a battery contact issue since I could slap the optic back on. I could actually be at home practicing manual of arms and watch the optic turn off by simply hitting the bolt release on the empty weapon.
After getting frustrated with it, I tried to see if I could correct the problem myself. I took off the battery cap to expose the spring. I pried out the spring and, using my teeth, stretched it out a bit. I popped it back in, hoping I'd created enough tension to maintain contact under shock. The problem seems to have been solved, as I now get a nice strong dot, under recoil. I did have another issue last week where the dot got very faint (but consistent) for awhile. I have a feeling it may have been temp related as it was quite a chilly evening.

I have an Eotech on the way to replace it anyway. Over all it's probably best left on a non-duty weapon. I think Vortex should look into a different spring for the battery. The SPARC would make a great plinking optic.