• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex strike eagle 5-25 ffp

Anyone know how this compares glass-wise to the Meopta Optika6 line (4.5 - 27 or 5-30)?

Nobody answered this, so sorry to bring it back up. I spent some time with the Optika6 5-30x56 and own the Strike Eagle. IMO, the Optika6 has better glass. I also liked the reticle in the MRAD version a bit more than the Strike Eagle as well, but that's obviously a personal preference.

The oddest thing to me about the Optika6 was the turret design, where the elevation was locking but the windage was not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mk12
Nobody answered this, so sorry to bring it back up. I spent some time with the Optika6 5-30x56 and own the Strike Eagle. IMO, the Optika6 has better glass. I also liked the reticle in the MRAD version a bit more than the Strike Eagle as well, but that's obviously a personal preference.

The oddest thing to me about the Optika6 was the turret design, where the elevation was locking but the windage was not.
I have yet to see one in person but from what everyone I’ve seen says the meopta glass is top notch. They just released the optics 5 series too, costs a little less. Not sure about optical quality but it has a 5X mag instead of 6.

I have yet to see one in person but from what everyone I’ve seen says the meopta glass is top notch. They just released the optics 5 series too, costs a little less. Not sure about optical quality but it has a 5X mag instead of 6.

The glass on the Meopta that I handled was really good, no doubt about that. The Optika5 would interest me more if it wasn't also a 1" tube.

I wonder what the thought process behind that was.

If you guys had a choice between the pst gen 2 and strike eagle which way would you go

If you'd like slightly better glass and better turrets, get the PST Gen2. If you don't have the extra cash for the PST, go for the Strike Eagle.

Apologies if it’s already answered but what height seekins rings, low .92”, high 1.0”, or extra high 1.26”? The action is a Remington 700 clone in a fiberglass stock with a Varmint barrel.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Should be as I run 1" height on my Razor II scopes with Defender caps and no issues. The rings I bought used for the SE are about 1.06" height and as you can see from the pic there is plenty of room.

InkedIMG_0596_LI.jpg

Reactions: OneBill
I just ordered my second scope from sport optics this morning for a 6mm ARC build I’m doing. Hopefully we can get some rain here in AZ so the shooting holes open up again.

got mine today and must say the eye box is nice, really nice compared to my ares that the strike eagle is replacing on my 223.
it will be a while before installing and zeroing as rifle is away getting re-ceramic coated and im less than a week home from shoulder surgery.
looking forward to Franks book to arrive while i pass the time and my shoulder heals.

got mine today and must say the eye box is nice, really nice compared to my ares that the strike eagle is replacing on my 223.
it will be a while before installing and zeroing as rifle is away getting re-ceramic coated and im less than a week home from shoulder surgery.
looking forward to Franks book to arrive while i pass the time and my shoulder heals.

is that an ares btr or etr? Thinking about getting one of these, currently have an ares btr that it might replace. Does it seem like a lateral step if you are using a btr? I think the locking turrets, increased elevation, better eyebox and FOV (?) would be the biggest upgrades but not sure.

btr 1st gen

when i get a chance i'll get them side by side. bit hard for me at the moment due to shoulder.
but initial impressions of the strike eagle are good. i've got a pmii 5-25 on my 6.5 but im sure theres no comparison there to be discussed :)

yeah, that would be awesome! I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon

Reactions: Gee Kay
I went with 1” height and I’m happy! Thanks guys for your input. I’ll upload pictures.

yeah, that would be awesome! I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon

picking up barreled actions from ceramic coating tomorrow. i doubt that i'd be able to put them together without some help.
i wouldn't be able to shoulder it for another few months, even though my support shoulder was the one operated on.
i just can't hold anything up heavier than a drink can with my left arm, yeah i don't drink 😂
bench i'd say i would be ok, prone is a question at the moment. shouldering no chance. other than the rimfire my other rifles weigh just under 8kg each (insert pounds conversion here) :p
gonna play is safe as i don't want to do more damage before its had a chance to heal.

I wonder if they are going to come out with a 3-15x version of this scope? Maybe squeeze more adjustment into a smaller package.

Reactions: Frankr
I wonder if they are going to come out with a 3-15x version of this scope? Maybe squeeze more adjustment into a smaller package.

I am waiting patiently for one of these in 3-15. If they do and it’s as good as the 5-25, I will probably be selling most of my scopes on my rimfires to replace them and maybe some of my hunting centerfires. The 3-15 at that price range and features would check a lot of boxes and I love having the same scope on multiple guns

I am waiting patiently for one of these in 3-15. If they do and it’s as good as the 5-25, I will probably be selling most of my scopes on my rimfires to replace them and maybe some of my hunting centerfires. The 3-15 at that price range and features would check a lot of boxes and I love having the same scope on multiple guns

Vortex said if enough demand was out there they would offer one, may pay to send them an email.
That being said, if one isn't in the works now, then you'll likely be waiting a while before it's released.

I'd like to see a 4-20x50, I like my 3-15 PST but I find that a tad more magnification would be useful.
The FOV on the latest Vortex scopes is so good that 4x bottom end would likely be wider than most 3x scopes out there.

Other than the Burris XTR2 4-20 scopes just don't seem popular.

Reactions: Frankr
Vortex said if enough demand was out there they would offer one, may pay to send them an email.
That being said, if one isn't in the works now, then you'll likely be waiting a while before it's released.

I'd like to see a 4-20x50, I like my 3-15 PST but I find that a tad more magnification would be useful.
The FOV on the latest Vortex scopes is so good that 4x bottom end would likely be wider than most 3x scopes out there.

Other than the Burris XTR2 4-20 scopes just don't seem popular.
I’ll send them an email.

I’ve never looked through a 4-20. Would be interesting to see the FOV difference and “speed” difference behind each.
I bet they would have to sell the features harder on a 4-20 just because it’s not “normal” power range.

picking up barreled actions from ceramic coating tomorrow. i doubt that i'd be able to put them together without some help.
i wouldn't be able to shoulder it for another few months, even though my support shoulder was the one operated on.
i just can't hold anything up heavier than a drink can with my left arm, yeah i don't drink 😂
bench i'd say i would be ok, prone is a question at the moment. shouldering no chance. other than the rimfire my other rifles weigh just under 8kg each (insert pounds conversion here) :p
gonna play is safe as i don't want to do more damage before its had a chance to heal.
Yeah, I hear you on taking it slow. Best way to recover is not to push thing too quickly.

Anyone have problems with the turret hash marks lining up? Mine turret hash marks lined up on one side of the turret but but would be completely off on the other. Not just a slight misalignment but right in the middle of 2 hash marks. Are all the SEs like this or did I get a lemon?
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
I just got mine and they are off exactly like yours (MIL version here too). They line up perfectly at 0, but start gradually misaligning as you turn and when you get to 4, 5, 6 they get further off until at 6 the line is right in the middle, and then at 7, 8, 9 they start to get closer to matching up. Same thing on the windage.

Guys, should I return it? I'm new to this, but it seems like not knowing if I'm at 6 mils or 6.1 mils would be a problem at longer ranges.

I just got mine and they are off exactly like yours (MIL version here too). They line up perfectly at 0, but start gradually misaligning as you turn and when you get to 4, 5, 6 they get further off until at 6 the line is right in the middle, and then at 7, 8, 9 they start to get closer to matching up. Same thing on the windage.

Guys, should I return it? I'm new to this, but it seems like not knowing if I'm at 6 mils or 6.1 mils would be a problem at longer ranges.

I called vortex, sent it back, and they took care of it. Everything lines up perfect now.

Picked up one of these scopes barely used in the PX this past week. A confession from a self-described scope snob (first time I've owned this tier of scope before). I'll admit, the turrets are pretty mushy (relatively speaking), but they align 100% with the hash marks on both E&W. A quick eyeball through the glass, and I'll admit I am pleasantly surprised for a $595 value scope.

Its going on a new 22lr setup, will drop by with some more updates once everything is put together.

I called vortex, sent it back, and they took care of it. Everything lines up perfect now.
Cool. How long did it take them to turn it around and get it back to you? Thanks!

Picked up one of these scopes barely used in the PX this past week. A confession from a self-described scope snob (first time I've owned this tier of scope before). I'll admit, the turrets are pretty mushy (relatively speaking), but they align 100% with the hash marks on both E&W. A quick eyeball through the glass, and I'll admit I am pleasantly surprised for a $595 value scope.
I have limited experience with scopes so far, but I have to agree that I was also a bit surprised at the mushy-ness of the turrets. I worked them a bit trying to see if it would improve the alignment issue, and although it had no effect on alignment, the turrets weren't quite as mushy as 20 minutes before when I had just taken it out of the box. Mine (providing Vortex fixes it) is going on a .22LR too, but when I invest in a centerfire rifle I think I will look to step up from the Strike Eagle. Hopefully there is a scope out there in the $1200 range.

I did not care for the SE optically, I had one i borrowed from our local shop over the weekend. I much prefer the Gen 2 PST and think it is worth spending a few more bucks on.

Just got mine this week. Same issue with the turrets on the my mil version too.

I’m gonna shoot it tomorrow but will probably send it in to Vortex for repair.

Just got mine this week. Same issue with the turrets on the my mil version too.

I’m gonna shoot it tomorrow but will probably send it in to Vortex for repair.
Yeah, now I know why Vortex's warranty is so good: maybe their QC is a little lax. :) Hopefully they fix them up and quickly. At least they responded to my email quickly yesterday to let me know the tech guys will be back on Monday. I'm confident they'll make it right; it's just that awful feeling of waiting for it to arrive, being excited to open it up, and then crestfallen to see something wrong with it.

Took mine out this weekend. Overall I’m impressed. I think it’s a lot of scope for the money especially if you can get mil discount. Here are my thoughts:

Pros
- glass is good not great but should not hold you back hitting targets
- locked turrets and zero stop are nice features
- eye relief is great till you get above 20x but it’s still not bad. I think eye relief is good overall
- seems to track fine

Cons
- turrets lines don’t line up at 4, 5, mils but it’s Predictable then gets perfect again around 7,8,9 mil. I may send it in but I wanna play with it more.
- parallax is a bit touchy. Seems to go from 100 yards straight to infinity No matter yardage.
It’s not a Razor but I’m impressed for the price. Time will tell but so far I like it.

- eye relief is great till you get above 20x but it’s still not bad. I think eye relief is good overall

with a shoulder 2 weeks out of an op it was difficult but i had a chance to install mine and i have to say that the eye relief is good at all magnifications. i have my rifle in an ESS chassis and the adjustability of the buttstock might be whats letting me have a better result than yourself perhaps?