• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Strike Eagle

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I am looking to get a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x 56mm. looking at the Burris XTR Signature rings. putting it on a Bergara B14R. What height ring do I need?
Mark

Thinks good info. I like my scopes high, I will go with the higher rings.
Mark

Thinks good info. I like my scopes high, I will go with the higher rings.
Mark
I bought a set of used Warne rings when I got mine and they are about 1.1" in height and look like this with the Strike Eagle on my Vudoo.

IMG_1152.jpg

I bought a set of used Warne rings when I got mine and they are about 1.1" in height and look like this with the Strike Eagle on my Vudoo.
Are those the Warne Mountain Tech 34mm, Medium Matte Rings, model 7221M (1.07" high)? I'm hoping your answer is yes, I have a set of that model that I'm planning to mount my Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2, 4.5-29x56 scope on top of my Vudoo when it shows up in a couple months.

Are those the Warne Mountain Tech 34mm, Medium Matte Rings, model 7221M (1.07" high)? I'm hoping your answer is yes, I have a set of that model that I'm planning to mount my Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2, 4.5-29x56 scope on top of my Vudoo when it shows up in a couple months.

Yup Warne Mountain Tech and I believe those are the height. I was looking for some 1" high rings but these came up for sale and I figured they would work and they did.

Reactions: Cowpokey
How are you guys finding the Strike Eagles? Tracking, clarity, etc.

Im looking at one for my Vudoo. Its maybe either that or one of the NF NX8s or ATACRs. Just a massive price difference.

I find tracking is good but clarity is on par with price. I don't think you can compare it to the nightforce scopes,that's not what it's designed to compete with.
Glass is below a Gen 1 PST and on par with diamondback tactical in my opinion.

Im looking at one for my Vudoo. Its maybe either that or one of the NF NX8s or ATACRs. Just a massive price difference.
Being on a 22lr my Strike Eagle gets a real workout on elevation changes. It has tracked very well. Clarity is just fine for a 22lr range!! Not like you are shooting out to 1500 yards🙄

Only con is the turrets aren't as positive detent as I would like and the marks just don't line up perfectly about a half a tenth of Mil off.

I did a tracking test to 20 mils on mine and it tracked on and it returns to zero. As mentioned, on a .22 the turrets get a work out and it has been working without issue. I have had mine since they came out. Glass is good and I think better than the Gen 1 PSTs and almost to the Gen II PST. I have had them side by side and slight edge to the Gen II. The knobs are not as tactile as the PSTs but my knobs line up. If they don't contact Vortex.

Also as mentioned, the Strike Eagle is not made to compete with the NF NX8 or ATACR. That is a huge price difference and at that point you should be looking at a Razor II as a comparable scope. Not the Strike Eagle. It's like saying I need a car but I am not sure if I want to get this Honda Civic or a Ferrari. ;)

Gents,

Cheers. I do understand the vast difference between the strike eagle and the NF. The strike eagle seems to be one of the only other scopes that seems to tick the boxes for me for what I'm looking for in a scope for my Vudoo. Usable elevation, paralax distance, reticle, etc. Besides that, its the NFs that seem to give the same combo of what I'm looking for. I've been looking at the Razors Gen II but paralax is only down to 32yds and total elevation is 28.5MRAD compared to 31MRAD on Strike Eagle.

You realize you will have to play with the cant to get all that 31 correct? I have mine on a 40 moa base and have about 27 mils. With my 4.5-27 Razor II I have 28 mils. Also you can use the Razor II closer than 32 yards by powering down to about 20x. Works fine at 25 yards and even in some.

Rob, Yep I do. I'll get some of those Burris XTR rings to get as much out of it as I can. I have a 40MOA base coming on the Vudoo but will be ordering a 60MOA in case its required which I think it will. I'll play around with the cant in both rings and bases to tweak to get as much out of it as I can.

I have access to nice 400m range for steel so want at least enough to dial 400m. But always like some whiggle room if able.

Only takes about 23 mils to get to 400 meters so you know.

I know. I've been researching this stuff for last few weeks, running the numbers, etc. I also have access to several other longer ranges out to 900m/1000yds so can go further which well, why not. I'll take as much as I can get outa one rifle.

Reactions: Rob01
I only get 18.9mil elevation out of my 30moa base and Strike Eagle with a 50 yard zero.

Reactions: Quickoz
That's why. You could use a 60 moa base and only get 18.9 with the zero stop in. If you take it out you get more.
I can't keep track if I take the zero stop out. Is there a trick to that??

I use a 40 moa base and I only have 6 mils under my 50 yard zero so easy to know when at zero. If you got more cant in the rail or a set of rings with another 10-20 moa then you can run it pretty simple without the zero stop.

I had a Strike Eagle on my MTR and when I bought the Vudoo I decided to buy the XTR3. The XTR is a “better” scope but there are things I miss about the Eagle. The center dot being one, the elevation with out using the zero stop, I ran the 40 rail so didn’t need it. The another thing is how easy it is to reset zero. The XTR I have to get out the Allen wrench, the strike Eagle was easy peasy..this time of year, it seems your zero changes every shoot depending on temp. It’s not hard on the XTR just a small pain..for the money, it’s hard to beat the Eagle. The glass is not great but it’s not bad and I never felt like it held me back.

I have 2 Strike Eagles waiting on Burris XTR signature rings. I have 20 moa bases and the rings have up to 40 moa. My current guns, I get the scope down as far was I can get them. Then record how far I am from the bottom. If I get lost, I go to the bottom, then back up to my zero.
Mark

Reactions: JohnS.
I have 2 Strike Eagles waiting on Burris XTR signature rings. I have 20 moa bases and the rings have up to 40 moa. My current guns, I get the scope down as far was I can get them. Then record how far I am from the bottom. If I get lost, I go to the bottom, then back up to my zero.
Mark
I got my rings in finally. I have a 20 moa base and put 40 moa in my tikka Tix and i am 3mils from the bottom. My Bergara only took 30 moa in the rings for the same 3 mils from the bottom.
Mark

Here's a Stike Eagle on a Warne Skyline medium height mount.
View attachment 7605319
glad to see a strike eagle in a warne skyline medium mount. just ordered one last night for my strike eagle. Will temporarily live on my 300 PRC until i can get a MK5HD on it, then the eagle will get moved to more of a plinker. Your rail to barrel distance looks closer than mine on my 110 FCP so i should clear by about 3/8" more than you do. How are you liking the mount so far. It checked a few boxes i was looking for 7075 instead of 6065, no large nut to tighten to rail. Aesthetically pleasing.

glad to see a strike eagle in a warne skyline medium mount. just ordered one last night for my strike eagle. Will temporarily live on my 300 PRC until i can get a MK5HD on it, then the eagle will get moved to more of a plinker. Your rail to barrel distance looks closer than mine on my 110 FCP so i should clear by about 3/8" more than you do. How are you liking the mount so far. It checked a few boxes i was looking for 7075 instead of 6065, no large nut to tighten to rail. Aesthetically pleasing.
I have 4 of these mounts, on 22LR, 17hmr, 6CM and 6.5CM. I haven’t had any issues with the mounts loosening or any kind of shift in my zero and I don't baby my rifles. I frequently carry and move my rifle using the scope. When you use the PRS discount it is a greatoint for the money👍

I have 4 of these mounts, on 22LR, 17hmr, 6CM and 6.5CM. I haven’t had any issues with the mounts loosening or any kind of shift in my zero and I don't baby my rifles. I frequently carry and move my rifle using the scope. When you use the PRS discount it is a greatoint for the money👍
PRS discount? I got mine on a ebay auction. Won the auction at $140.18 shipped. Should be here in a day or two. New still in the original box, far less than i see them for sale anywhere else.

View attachment 7605246

Is that a KRG chassis? I am trying to avoid buying a Vudoo and failing but am stuck at few options available ASAP. No mid priced chassis are available only KRG Bravos or Accuracy Internationals.

Either way that looks sharp.

Is that a KRG chassis? I am trying to avoid buying a Vudoo and failing but am stuck at few options available ASAP. No mid priced chassis are available only KRG Bravos or Accuracy Internationals.

pretty sure that is one of the Manners competition stocks. Looks like it's the MCS-PRSIT

Reactions: DGD6MM

Thanks but as mentioned it’s a Manners but the PRS2.

lol i was close. Always wanted a manners, just always end up in a chassis

Best of both worlds with that one as it’s a mini chassis so just bolt in and go. 😉