• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper (ED glass) binos review

elkstalker338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2010
colorado
Some of you might remember a few weeks ago when I put my Vortex Fury binos (199.00) side by side with a pair of swarvo's binos(1800.00), what I found out DID surprise me so I got to thinking about the viper model on sale at cameraland so I ordered a pair and got them in yesterday and put them side by side with my Fury's. This is my review on the Viper 12x42 binos, Overall look is exactly the same as the fury 12.5x42 model and is what I was expecting, both have the adjustable eye cup for eye relief (compared to the swarvo model did not) I found to be a HUGE plus (I actually called Doug at CL and made sure the vipers had this feature before buying, if they didnt I wouldnt have bought them), size is almost the same with the vipers being just a bit shorter in length, weight is listed the same between the fury and viper, a BIG plus with the vipers compared to the fury's is the lockable diopter adjustment ring (this is a locking ring so you set the diopter setting then lock it and it doesnt get changed), now the important part GLASS, while the Fury's did hold their own to the swarvo so close that maybe the only difference between the two would be if you was glassing for acouple of hours and eye strain might come into play the Vipers are abit clearer at farther distances then the Fury's and I dont have the swarvo here but remembering when I did the Vipers are equal to them with maybe eye strain being the difference between the two. All things being as they are I CANNOT understand the HUGE price differance of the higher end swarvo's and the vortex's. I dont use binos to search for hours on end but for my type of hunting the Vortex binos ARE the real deal for the money concious hunter/shooter. I think cameraland is sold out of the Fury's but still have the Viper models on sell for 349.99 and are the best deal for quality binos on the market today. Both the vortex models are discontinued models so if a person is interested you better call Doug or Neal quick. I know 5 people have bought from them after looking thru my Fury's and seeing the value offered.

Re: Vortex Viper (ED glass) binos review

You will not be disappointed, and if you dont like them cameraland will take them back but I dont think they will be getting very many of these back, plus everyone here is aware of vortex's customer service and warrenty