• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 TMCQ MOA

usernametaken

Warpig
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2014
Texas
Hey guys, Im finishing up my build of my ar-15 in 5.56.
I have a Wilson Combat Recon SR Tactical 14.7" upper with their Rapid-Thread Muzzle Break for Whisper® Suppressor - (Permanently Attached)
13.8" TRIM rail system
PWS Buffer Tube
PWS h3 Buffer
Standard LPK
JD Lower
CMC Flat 3.5lb. Trigger
MFT BattleLink Minimalist Butt stock
and I'm wanting to get a nice optic for multi range shooting
I'm trying to keep the weight relatively light
I've considered a 2 dot eotech/3x magnifier
and the Viper PST 1-4x24 in MOA but I'm not super familiar with the adjustments and the use of the MOA reticle
Any other recommendations of optics or any one can school me up on the MOA system id greatly appreciate it
Also anyone whose got a system about like mine can you chime in and maybe post some pictures of your build !
Thanks guys
Ill be firing from ranges of 15yards to 400-500 occasionally
Also a specific gr. ammo y'all use
we use 55gr. greens at work and they are pretty easy to find in that gr. but I've also seen 62gr. lately so any info will be a great help

-Tex

I would think if you go out to 500 you would want more bullet, I have friends who had decent luck with Sierra 77gr mag length. They used it for high power across the course,

yeah i just watched a video review on the sierra match grade 77gr. i just can't see the need to shoot any further than 400-500 really with how i built my gun thus far especially with a bolt gun in the truck or with me most of the time as well..
i need to settle on an optic first then go to ammo

I think you'll really like the PST 1-4. IMHO its one of the best choices for an all around optic on an M4 or AR10. The illuminated reticle can act as a big red dot for close up fast work, and the 4x zoom is just right to help you reach out to those longer range targets. The glass and reticle look great, and the price is right. Highly recommend.

Good luck

I just bought that (Vortex) scope for my FAL. My only complaint about it is that the reticle is a little too small and somewhat difficult to see. Maybe it's just me but IMO they should have made the reticle a little bigger. If money isn't much of an issue I'd look around.

It's not just you, I have one on my scar and even though I really like it my one complaint would be that the reticle is very fine.

I have a pst 1x4 on my 6.8 Bison Armory. Really like it. Tough with good glass. I personally like the reticule. On 1x while illuminated, its a both eyes open red dot and then can crank it up to 4x for longer shots. I dont do any shooting past 300 yards with my 6.8 Its a hunting setup but will work for home defense as well. Mine is the capped version.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402110140904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402110140904.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 18