• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST update! (12-21-10)

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
logo.png

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST Riflescopes</span>

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">***Vortex Viper PST Riflescope Update***</span>12-21-2010</span></span>

<span style="color: #990000">Vortex is excited to announce that they are preparing to ship some of the long-awaited Viper PST riflescopes beginning the last week of December.</span>

Although this first shipment will consist of mainly 1-4x24 models, small amounts of other configurations will be shipped out also. Vortex expects the variety of available models to quickly ramp up over the next few weeks—and to have a steady stream throughout the new year.

Get in line now if you want to be one of the first.

>> Order Online HERE <<

The 4-16 models have 75moa/21mrads of internal travel. The 6-24 models have 65moa/19mrads of internal travel.

All models are <span style="font-weight: bold">30mm</span>, have <span style="color: #CC0000">illuminated reticles </span>and feature exposed turrets with CRS Zero Stop.

<span style="font-weight: bold">First Focal Plane Mil/Mil Models</span>
Viper PST 6–24x50 FFP, .10 mil adjustments, EBR-1 MRAD Reticle $899.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 FFP, .10 mil adjustments, EBR-1 MRAD Reticle $849.95

<span style="font-weight: bold">First Focal Plane MOA/MOA Models</span>
Viper PST 6–24x50 FFP, .25 moa adjustments, EBR-1 MOA Reticle $899.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 FFP, .25 moa adjustments, EBR-1 MOA Reticle $849.95

<span style="font-weight: bold">Second Focal Plane Mil/Mil Models </span>
Viper PST 6–24x50 SFP, .10 mil adjustmensts, EBR-1 MRAD Reticle $749.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 SFP, .10 mil adjustmensts, EBR-1 MRAD Reticle $699.95
Viper PST 2.5–10x44 SFP, .10 mil adjustmensts, EBR-1 MRAD Reticle $599.95
Viper PST 1–4x24 SFP, .20 mil adjustmensts, TMCQ MRAD Reticle $499.95

<span style="font-weight: bold">Second Focal Plane MOA/MOA Models </span>
Viper PST 6–24x50 SFP, .25 moa adjustments, EBR-1 MOA Reticle $749.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 SFP, .25 moa adjustments, EBR-1 MOA Reticle $699.95
Viper PST 2.5–10x44 SFP, .25 moa adjustments, EBR-1 MOA Reticle $599.95
Viper PST 1–4x24 SFP, .50 moa adjustmensts, TMCQ MOA Reticle $499.95

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24</span>
thumbnail_generator.php

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44</span>
thumbnail_generator.php

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50</span>
thumbnail_generator.php

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50</span>
thumbnail_generator.php

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST EBR-1 Mrad</span>
sub_viper-pst_210s1-mrad_details.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST EBR-1 MOA</span>
sub_viper-pst_210s1-moa_details.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST TMCQ Mrad</span>
sub_viper-pst_14st-mrad_details.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST TMCQ MOA</span>
sub_viper-pst_14st-moa_details.jpg

>> Order Online HERE <<

Re: Now accepting back orders on the Vortex Viper PST

How long will it be before you have info regarding weight, length, etc?

I'm trying to decide if I want to try the 4-16 or the 6-24.

Re: Now accepting back orders on the Vortex Viper

Would you happen to have any specs on the FFP models such as size/weight? Deciding between the 4-16 or 6-24x50's.

**EDIT** Ratbert beat me to it
smile.gif

I can give you preliminary numbers based on the prototypes that we are currently testing. Please note that these could be subject to change once we have production models, but they should be pretty close and give you a good idea of the size and weight.

4-16x50:
Weight- 22oz
Length- 13.5in

6-24x50:
Weight- 23oz
Length- 15.5in

-Sam

ordered a 6-24 FFP mil....seems like a really good deal to me....and i like the reticle

4-16x50EBR-1_MRAD_FFP16x.jpg

Do these scopes have matching turrets for the reticles? Either MRAD or MOA turrets?

ok so help me out here, ive been looking at a vortex viper scope to begin with, what is different about these? what is new etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rommel500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do these scopes have matching turrets for the reticles? Either MRAD or MOA turrets? </div></div>

Yes, all of the milradian reticle scopes will have milradian adjustments and like wise for the moa scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: averynickt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok so help me out here, ive been looking at a vortex viper scope to begin with, what is different about these? what is new etc? </div></div>

Everything.

Mil/Mil

FFP

EBR reticles

Do any of them come with an illuminated recticle?

Mike

so can someone explain to me in lyman's terms what all the new stuff means?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: averynickt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so can someone explain to me in lyman's terms what all the new stuff means? </div></div>
Grab a beverage and some time and start reading, begining with the "optics FAQ" thread.......

Chris, can i send a painted old MK4 16X in as payment on a 6-20 mil FFP??

The MOA reticles have 2MOA tick marks. The mrad reticles use 0.5mrad tick marks, except for the FFP models, which use 0.2mrad tick marks on the outer 3mrads (see picture above).

All of them have glass etched illuminated reticles.

-Sam

The mrad adjustments are in 0.1mrad increments and MOA adjustments in 1/4MOA on all scopes except for the 1-4x24 models.

The 1-4x24's are 0.2mrad and 1/2MOA.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1-4x24's are 0.2mrad and 1/2MOA.

-Sam </div></div>

sounds interesting!! what's the 1-4x Mil reticle going to look like?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luvman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can dig it!!!! </div></div>

Wait until you see it in person...that is all I will say...
wink.gif

-Sam

I've been window shopping for optics for a AR carbine I'm putting together.

I think I'll be getting my second Vortex scope for it!!

now if I may make a suggestion....I'd like to see something between the 1-4x and 2.5-10x. maybe a 1.5-6x or 2-8x but with a small objective say 24mm or so.

Sam, can you tell us how many mils per turn on the elevation turret?

Sam,

Those reticles are awesome, I can't wait until these hit the market.

I will say, there are probably quite a few of us that are dying to see even just one picture of these, PLEASE.

Jason

Yeah, I'm really curious to see a picture. Sam, are the turrets similiar to the ones on the Razor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sam,

I will say, there are probably quite a few of us that are dying to see even just one picture of these, PLEASE.

Jason </div></div>

Ok, here is a spy shot I was able to get. Not very hi res but better than nothing. We should be getting some good images very soon and I will post them as soon as we get them.

Vortex_Viper_PST.jpg

Is there parallax adjustment? Can't tell if I can see a side parallax knob from that pic or not.

The turrets are either 5mrad per turn or 15MOA per turn. I can't remember off the top of my head if the 1-4x24 models are more (due to being 0.2mrad and 1/2MOA clicks), but I will check tomorrow when I'm back at work.

The 4-16x50 and 6-24x50 models do have side parallax adjustments.

The turrets have a similar grip pattern to the Razor, but the elevation knobs do not need to be as tall because they don't have the same zero stop as the Razor.

-Sam

I like it Sam, it has a very "just right" appearence.

Thanks for the photo SWFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: averynickt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so can someone explain to me in lyman's terms what all the new stuff means? </div></div>

As you learn to drink from a fire hydrant.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The turrets are either 5mrad per turn or 15MOA per turn. I can't remember off the top of my head if the 1-4x24 models are more (due to being 0.2mrad and 1/2MOA clicks), but I will check tomorrow when I'm back at work.

The 4-16x50 and 6-24x50 models do have side parallax adjustments.

The turrets have a similar grip pattern to the Razor, but the elevation knobs do not need to be as tall because they don't have the same zero stop as the Razor.

-Sam

</div></div>

Do they still have a zero stop (just not the same). Does it have the "micro" elevation adjustment like the razor?

Yes, they have a zero stop. Each scope comes with a set of 20 custom made brass shims 0.2mm thick. Once the turret is zeroed you simply loosen three set screws, remove the turret, and stack them underneath. It's not a "true" zero stop like the Razor, but it will keep you from dialing more than 1 rev below zero so you don't lose your setting.

Total elevation travel is just an estimate at this point, but they will be around 65MOA for the 6-24x50 and 75MOA for the 4-16x50.

-Sam

Looking for recommendations on a lightweight set of rings and a base for the 4x16 to sit on a Rem 700 LA Sendero, any suggestions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersix4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for recommendations on a lightweight set of rings and a base for the 4x16 to sit on a Rem 700 LA Sendero, any suggestions? </div></div>

Seekins low rings and seekins LA base. The best IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersix4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for recommendations on a lightweight set of rings and a base for the 4x16 to sit on a Rem 700 LA Sendero, any suggestions?</div></div>

Lightweight is a relative term.

Great job on introducing this optic to the market at its current pricing

i will have to order one of these

Got any FOV specs on that 4-16FFP?...and reticle thickness at 16X?

I can give our preliminary numbers on the FOV that should be very close to the production numbers, but again these aren't set in stone.

The 4-16x50 is about 27.4 - 7.5ft @ 100 yards.

The reticle thickness is 0.1MOA or 0.025mrad at 16x on the SFP models. The FFP models are 0.21MOA or 0.06mrad thick.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ordered a 6-24 FFP mil....seems like a really good deal to me....and i like the reticle

4-16x50EBR-1_MRAD_FFP16x.jpg
</div></div>

That looks like the EBR-2 reticle on the Razor. The pic of the reticle SWFA has on their site looks a bit different with different graduated markings. Sam any clarification?

That is the EBR-1 FFP reticle. It's a little different than the EBR-1 SPF reticles. The FFP EBR-1's are basically just like the EBR-2's, but without the windage dots.

Here is a picture of the EBR-1 SFP(16x) mrad reticle:

4-16x50EBR-1_MRAD_16x.jpg

In fact, each reticle is slightly different because they had to be tailored to the platform, weather mrad or MOA, SFP or FFP, and if SFP which magnification they are valid at.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Chris, can i send a painted old MK4 16X in as payment on a 6-20 mil FFP?? </div></div>
Certainly...as long as it isn't pink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like <span style="text-decoration: line-through">filet, then ribeyes</span> USO then Premier. Never tried <span style="text-decoration: line-through">brains</span> Hensoldt. Sometimes the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">$.99 burger on the value meal</span> SS16X gets the job done. I just wish the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Big Mac were a little bigger</span> SS 3-9 FFP had more power, but then there's that new <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Big Carl</span> Vortex Viper FFP. </div></div>
Coleman_wtf.gif

Well I'm down on the list for one.

I've been waiting for someone to come out with a mil/mil ffp illum scope underthe $1k mark.

This one should fit nicely on my Ar-10.

From the picture it looks to be about the same physical size as a comparable Nightforce correct?

I kinda like my new signature......its my analogy on the never ending optics debate
wink.gif

The MK4's OD alumnahyde by the way and has Acculock rings coated to match, not pink if you're serious. That mil/mil 6-24 looks to be a great fit for the market.

I have two picked out.

Question to Sam, are the 1-4X24 a true 1 power.