• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes vortex viper vs millett lrs-1 vs leupold mark ar

gm5226

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2003
mid.TN.
looking for a new scope for my varmint ar and have pretty much narrowed it down to these three.vortex viper 6.5x20x44 millett lrs-1 6.5x25x56 leupold mark ar 6x18x40 i know there are much better scopes but these are in my price range and have the features i like (except the 1" tube on the leupold)i really need to keep this under 500.00 buck so opinions?...

Re: vortex viper vs millett lrs-1 vs leupold mark ar

i have the vortex viper 6-20 and am very happy with it; glass is good, turrets are positive, and a 30mm tube

Go for the Viper, it's a great scope. The Millets are real hit-and-miss (I missed twice in a row and finally just returned mine), and the Leupolds are OK but not as good a value in the price range you're talking.

I have no experience with the Millet but have used the Leupold AR and own the Vortex you are looking at. I would go with the Vortex. I have the BDC or what ever they call it on a RRA Varminter and the cross hairs are a little thick for Prairie Dogs but OK for larger Varmints. Check their web site on reticule choices. Vortex offers a great value.

What type of ar? 15 or a 10? Profile m4, heavy barrel, length 16"? I have a Bushnell 1-4x24 on a 16" h-bar it works great, I have a Millett trs-1 on my rem 700, it is great for the price and so far have had good luck with it out to 625 yrds.

The only reason I got rid of my Vortex was the crosshairs are pretty thick, other then that I would buy one before the other two

Get a hold of Scott at Liberty Optics and let him set you up with a Vortec