• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex you're on notice!

corym468

Minuteman
Oct 5, 2010
Madison, AL
Now that the new Razor Gen II's are shipping out, I thought it'd be a good time to let them know what we expect next.

Vortex Razor HD Gen II Compact
Magnification 2-12 x
Objective Lens Diameter 32 mm
Eye Relief 3.7+ inches
Field of View 2x: 50ft+ 12x: 12ft+ @100 Yards
Tube Size 30 mm
Adjustment Graduation .1 MRAD
Travel per Rotation 10 MRAD
Max Elevation Adjustment 35+ MRAD
Max Windage Adjustment 20+ MRAD
Parallax Setting 15 yards to infinity
Length =<12 inches
Weight <21 ounces

Personally I'd prefer the same illuminated red dot as the 1-6x with NV settings.

Oh and while we're at it if you could offer a

Compact Razor HD 1-6x24
<17 ounces
Illumination with NV settings

That'd be great.
Thanks, Vortex!!!

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
Yeah, that new Razor is a real oinker.

Can't tell the difference when mounted between it and my S&B 5-25 that was on my rifle. Don't get caught up in the number. I would rather have the $1000 in my pocket and the 10 ounces on my rifle. ;)

I think when I get mine I'll use it to do curls and squats with till I'm big boy enough for ALL that extra weight.

I got to mess with all them the good stuff the other week when I was down there, and I do agree this thing has some weight to it, but I wouldn't be afraid to pound a nail in with it if needed. For now I'll stick with my Razor HD gen 1 and when I win the lottery I'll go for the gen two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 20
Can't tell the difference when mounted between it and my S&B 5-25 that was on my rifle. Don't get caught up in the number. I would rather have the $1000 in my pocket and the 10 ounces on my rifle. ;)

This. I don't notice any extra weight once my HD Gen II is mounted.

This! I will likely be getting one when I can get my hands on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe he was just being facetious.

Vortex is not known for making their Razor line of scopes light so there may be some truth to it.

However, I suspect the Razor II 1-6 would hold up to more abuse than the Bushnell ET. I believe Vortex is opting for integrity over light weight.

I'm late to the bandwagon with my recent acquisition of a Razor 5-20x50. Needless to say, I like it a lot.
If I wasn't in "inventory reduction mode" I'd have ordered a 4.5-27, hands down.

Definitely true!

Leupold made the Mark 6 3-18x44 sub 24oz and sub 12'' in length. It can be done...

Trevor B.

No illumination and a 44mm objective. Can it be done? Sure but just because it can doesn't make it better. Just lighter.

While I don't think the weight issue will negatively effect many decisions on the 4.5-27, i do believe it will prove to be a significant short coming with respect to the 3-18x model.

I was out at Mile High last week looking at a 5-20x S&B ultra short. They happened to get a 3-18x Gen II Razor delivered right as I walked in the door. I took the S&B outside and it was nothing short of what you'd expect. I decided to grab the Razor and do a quick comparison. After hyper extending my elbow picking it up (;-)), I heaved it up on a bag and ran through the magnification range, tested illumination and adjusted turrets. I must say it honestly is one of the best built, prettiest scopes I've seen. The Gen II glass was nearly on par with the S&B - which surprised me. The turrets were fantastic, clicks were audible and tactile in feel. Illum was awesome, loved the reticle, etc.

All that said, I also have a 3-18 Mark 6 with illum Tremor. I think the glass on the Mark 6 is actually better than the Razor and matches that of the Ultra Short. If I didn't think so I'd sell my Mark 6, pocket my huge $400 in savings and buy a Razor. But then one might stop and think. You are .6 ounces from being able to run TWO Mark 6s and do so at the same weight a single 3-18 Razor would add. (Maybe someone could figure out how to mount them like binos and you could have double the fun!)

Seriously though, based on the application and rifle in which I use a 3-18 optic the weight becomes far more relevant to the decision. It's just simply insane that this optic is considered at this price with a 46.5oz weight. I MIGHT think about it at $1k. $2k+? No fu*king way!!

Last edited: