• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortext FFP vs SFP reticle

ls1mtz

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2010
Fort Myers, FL
I was wondering if anyone can post a picture up of a Vortex PST 6-24 FFP MRAD reticle at 24x vs the SFP reticle at 24x. I was just wondering how thick the FFP looks at 24x.

Re: Vortext FFP vs SFP reticle

<span style="font-weight: bold">FFP</span>

sub_viper-pst_624f1-mrad_details.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">SFP</span>

sub_viper-pst_624s1-mrad_details.jpg

John

SFP is half as thin at 24X, the same at 12X, and twice as thick at 6X.

Of course this is subjective, but I find the FFP 4-16x PST EBR-1 to be a bit on the thick side at higher magnifications... Maybe it is just me???

That isn't exactly a representation of the whole reticle in the SFP PST. That's just the center of the reticle. The SFP reticle looks kind of like the FFP reticle at low magnification. When I ordered my SFP PST, I was expecting a reticle similar to that of my Nightforce NP-R2 and it isn't.

So if I am understanding right the ffp has the .2 mil hashes at the center begining part of the reticle while the sfp has the .2 markings at the end of the reticle and half mil hashes at the center of the reticle. Also, what magnification is the reticle set the be correctly used for ranging on the sfp? I'm guessing 12x which aid give the option of some quick math use of 6x and 24x but I thought somewhere I saw the magic number for ranging was 16x on these?