• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vote, Muzzle device on your rifle

Re: Vote, Muzzle device on your rifle

Some do, some don't... Can I vote twice?
grin.gif

All of my match rifles do. It's not that I can't handle the massive recoil of the .260, it's just that I like as little recoil as I can have so I have the best chance at spotting my own shots and for recoil to move things around as little as possible when I'm shooting from awkward positions.

Considering it's a 338LM, I voted yes. I've never ran them on any non-magnum short action calibers though.

I've got one on a 7 WSM right now.
I've got a 6.5x47L and a .260 in the works, and both will have brakes.

When the muzzle device doubles as a suppressor mount. Can't get much more tactical than that. Seeing your own impact is tactical, too.

I think I know where this is going. Using a BO fte right now, going to try a rad brake soon.

I have an SAS TOMB on my AW for an Arbiter that's in the works. No complaints yet from people shooting next to me.

Prefer a can over a brake but prefer a brake over nothing. Always choose less recoil when it is an option, even if it isn't "needed."

I have the CSR Muscle Break on my 6.5-284 and it shoots like a .22lr. All my rifles have breaks on them, well the ones I use do.

All of my wife's and my rifles have breaks... some host suppressors, some don't.

I've been trying to decide on a build being put together now. 7MM RM
I'm leaning towards at least having the barrel threaded for one. That way the option is there if I wanted to.

Yes ..... on everything. I don't really want a rifle without a brake or can ever again.

Suppressors only. And on everything. Muzzle brakes are too noisy and blow too much shit around.

Right now I'm running a Surefire MB on my 7mmRM, it makes it kick like a .243 without a brake. Might try a G.A. Titan next when I rebarrel.

No brake, will probably purchase a suppressor come tax time.

Thruster on the sticks. But that will change once the NFA branch get's around to my Tbeast.

I voted yes because I have a Badger for my 308. Now that said, it hasn't been installed since late last year. I don't shoot tactical comps. I shoot F-TR with mine and since I can't use it in competition I don't use it in practice either.

Hell yeah why not!!

I put in a yes, because I am about too very soon...

DK

All of mine are suppressed. Some have brakes under them.... some don't

300 Win. Mag. definately has a brake. The 260 Rem., in the works now, has the option with a thread cap or a brake. Don't know if the 260 needs one but I'm having the gunsmith thread the barrel and time a Elite Iron brake to fit.

I do not. I plan to in the future but I'm not sure when that will be. I'm such a noob behind the rifle. I'd like to get situated with it without then put one on.

I voted no.

I voted no, for my bolt action .308.
I would consider a muzzle brake for a 300WM or larger for the recoil reduction and ease of spotting shots.
Overall I think muzzle brakes are counterproductive tactically. They increase noise, flash, and blast signature.

Flash hiders are where it's at. I'm surprised that more guys don't have flash hiders on their suppressor adaptors.

PWS PRC... Precision Rifle Compensator. Works very well.

I voted no because I honestly don't.

I may or may not in the future either as I am still torn between doing another '06 or 6.5x55.

Some do some dont.

Rich

It's interesting how the percentages haven't really changed since the first 75 votes (at least.) Very even distribution.

I only have a 308 but had a JP brake on mine and just hated the concussion of it. The range I shoot at is covered by aluminum and im sure that doesnt help much.

Needless to say i gave it to a friend and I enjoy shooting without it.

Now if and when I get a 338LM you bet your ass Ill have one but for now I voted NO.