• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo: 1st trip to range

My NF issues are this,

1. I easily run out of windage adjustment, Burris Signature series saves the day. It is MIL adjustment.
2. Worst tunneling scope I have at low magnification. ( I have a lot of scopes )
3. Trying to set the ZERO stop turrets is not easy because the covers want to slip and not actually turn the turrets.

Gen II razor only parallaxes down to 32 yards? What reticle type do you like? My favorite by far is the Athlon Ares ETR / Cronus BTR reticles.

If I had to choose one it would be the floating dot on my Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15X42.

G4BDC-MOA.jpg

vortex_rzr1565_e_19.jpg

32 yards, darn it. I may be splitting hairs re parallax, but shooting rimfire lately has really opened my eyes to it's importance. My fav reticle(s): Gen 2 XR and the good ole P4L Fine. And here's the funny part, I've never owned either of them. But every time, which has only been a couple of times that I've handled them, what they stand for totally registers in my mind. I like simple if possible. In Vortex, EBR 2D. Regardless, like many here have demonstrated, the Vudoo deserves a really good optic. I'll check out the two Athlon's you mentioned.

32 yards is not a big deal as far as parallax goes IMO. True, 25 is better such as 15 and the ultimate, 7 yards. Don't let the numbers mess with you, 50 yard minimum, yeah we have a problem. On my scopes with 50 min, a 25 yard target will be blurry but hey, how small does the target need to be before the scope makes you miss? Only the individual can answer that.

32 yards is not a big deal as far as parallax goes IMO. True, 25 is better such as 15 and the ultimate, 7 yards. Don't let the numbers mess with you, 50 yard minimum, yeah we have a problem. On my scopes with 50 min, a 25 yard target will be blurry but hey, how small does the target need to be before the scope makes you miss? Only the individual can answer that.

1/4" blurry at 25 yards would be pretty rough, especially when you're like the 5th shooter and the spray paint has been shot off and blending into the background.

I never cared about min parallax until I started the NRL22 stuff and yeh I need something crisp at 25 yards, and I want to zoom in to about 10-12x on those 1/4" targets.

Also for NRL22, I don't have time to adjust turrets so I do a lot of holdovers. Having .2 and .5 hashes are pretty nice.

1570679618294.png

Yeah, if you are shooting targets that small at 25 yards, 50 yard parallax will be tough. the 32 yard parallax of the 4.5-27 GEN II Vortex won't have that problem.

My NF issues are this,

1. I easily run out of windage adjustment, Burris Signature series saves the day. It is MIL adjustment.
2. Worst tunneling scope I have at low magnification. ( I have a lot of scopes )
3. Trying to set the ZERO stop turrets is not easy because the covers want to slip and not actually turn the turrets.
I've never run out of windage and all of my NF (except the 4 NF Comps) are Mil.
Tunneling has not been anymore issue that with some other brands.
I've personally never had any issue with the ZS mechanicals on any NF scope I own but, as I've seen others have issue several times, it can be a problem.
My single biggest ATACR complaint is achieving correct parallax is a PITA. There are no usable markings on the parallax turret the optic is often out of focus when correct parallax dialed. I've had much better luck with the older NXS scopes but the glass and magnification are not as good as ATACR.

Doesn't the Schmidt 5-25 go down to 10m?

Yes, the 5-25 PMII S&B goes to 10m. Mine has the H2CMR reticle and I find it very usable. It currently sits on a Tikka T1X. I use to laugh at the ideal of "spend as much on your optic as you do on rifle." Now I have a rifle with a scope that is five or six times the value of the rifle. My how things change.

My buddy just ripped his gen2 razor off his vudoo. He got tired of missing the 1/4 target at 25yds because of parallax. He switched to a Kahles that goes down that far. I use a Vortex AMG that goes to 25 on my Vudoo. He said the Razor was fine until he looked through mine and saw the difference. That last target can be really important if they set it up as a true KYL. Full disclosure- neither of our eyes are that great, YMMV.

My buddy just ripped his gen2 razor off his vudoo. He got tired of missing the 1/4 target at 25yds because of parallax. He switched to a Kahles that goes down that far. I use a Vortex AMG that goes to 25 on my Vudoo. He said the Razor was fine until he looked through mine and saw the difference. That last target can be really important if they set it up as a true KYL. Full disclosure- neither of our eyes are that great, YMMV.

Drill a hole dead center a 56mm butler creek scope cap. About the diameter of a cigarette butt , maybe a little bigger. Flip it down for focus at close range, and flip it up for anything else.
Check zero at 25 and compensate accordingly.
Old trick I learned way way wayyyyy back when.
I have been at this for a while.

T.S.