• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vudoo Ammo?

Do you really mean you're adjusting parallax each shot? ;)

You could wait until you’ve cranked the turrets up towards 6 mil or so. But you might as well every shot. You’ll get some drift once you start dialing a lot if you don’t readjust parallax once you’ve cranked enough.

But, you’re checking to make sure your precision instrument does exactly what it’s supposed to. So why not check your cant and parallax at every mil, so that you can rule out as many error factors as possible.

Info is straight from vortex amg dept when I had a conversation with them on testing my AMG.

Last edited:
I have the same scope and never noticed a change in parallax when I dialed up and held down to check tracking. I'll have to pay more attention.

So when I plug in your environmentals Rob01 it shows what you're seeing. Just in case anyone is wondering, at 300 yards this is how much each field changes the elevation. The first numbers are what I had, the second ones are Rob's.

Sight Height - going from 1.8 to 2.0, dropped it 0.1mils
Pressure - going from 28.50 to 29.98, adds 0.2mils
Temp - going from 80 degrees to 60 degrees, adds 0.3mils
Elevation - going from 1850 to 350 feet, adds 0.2mils
Humidity - 0 to 50% adds 0.2 inches of drop, no difference (changing it to 100% changes it 0.4 inches so you can just ignore humidity)

So changing those 4 things made a 0.6mil difference, an additional 7.1" of drop.

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has tried out Geco rifle as a cheap practice round?

i have. i used the stuff designed for bolt actions, not the semi-auto type. it worked really well at 50 yards. it happened to deliver better groups on that outing than sk standard plus or sk rifle match.

when i tried it at 100, it was not nearly as nice a group as either sk. that might be just my shooting, though, i will probably try it some more. if nothing else it seems great for short range dot drills, etc.

Anybody weight sorting? Have you seen any improvement in group size or a reduction in ES?

I weighed 150 rounds of Tenex. Roughly half of them weighed 51.7 gr. I found four that were significantly lighter ... 50.9-51.2 gr. The rest were fairly evenly divided between 51.6 and 51.8 gr.

Haven't heard much about RWS ammo. I have a lot of RWS Rifle Match and it's shooting very well at 50y.
RWS target rifle grouped a little bit more open, and Norma Tac was the widest, but all were still better than anything my old CZ would group.
Happy lefty customer!

"Anybody weight sorting? Have you seen any improvement in group size or a reduction in ES? "

About three years ago, I weight sorted an entire brick of SK Std + ammo. It was available for about half the price as Lapua CX and shot almost as well. I was hoping to obtain a big improvement and I did see some gains. However, what I ended up with was about four full boxes of ammo which all was of equal weight to the tenth of a grain. Two boxes were the same weight and one each was heavier or lighter by 1/10th grain. Then there were several partial boxes of each additional weight. The spread from light to heavy was about 5 or 6 tenths. Each sorted box performed well and I recorded some amazing groups. However, I found it near impossible to record several good groups in a row as we would do in the 6x5 challenge. There would always be one or two groups which were drastically worse than the others with one shot going way high or way low compared to all the others. As best I can tell, the causes for the rounds weight variance is not all from powder & primer charge variance. Apparently, the occasional brass cartridge or bullet weight would be off a few tenths. Thus despite being the exact same weight as all the others, the shot would be either hot or slower than the others forcing a flyer. I never was able to shoot 30 shots without experiencing at least one of these bad shots. It was frustrating. Plus, every time I swapped boxes for a different weight the POI would change slightly. This made shooting the sorted ammo in matches tough if I needed more than two boxes. It was time consuming and tedious and in the end, I concluded that it was more efficient to pay Eley or Lapua for their better grades of ammo and be done with it. I never tried sorting 10x or Midas+, but I would expect similar results with only less total variance. I see no repeatable method to sort by weight and know why a round's weight varies. So, the risk of an extreme flyer is going to still be there. They say sorting by head spacing also. can make a difference but I never got around to trying it. Maybe when I retire??

Irish

Unfortunately when I shot my sorted Tenex, the groups were twice the size of the Eley Match I had been shooting. Looks like I got a bad lot of Tenex.

Not a ton of difference between Std+ & Match at 50yds, though there are fewer fliers with Match. Once you get out to 100yds & past, there's quite a bit of difference, with a good lot of Match out-shooting Std+ by enough to be worth the price difference.

Has anyone seen a marginal difference between the SK Match vs the SK Standard plus?
I think i'll try the SK magazine and see how it does as well.
When you say Match, are you referring to Pistol or Rifle? I purchased several boxes of each of the various SK models a month or so ago and just a finished my testing (all at 50yds). My Vudoo doesn’t like STD+. It is all over the place. It could be a bad lot too. Pistol Match has been much better, but still has a few fliers. Rifle Match has been phenomenal, and I haven’t seen any fliers. Flat Nose Basic was really good as well, not sure if it is as good as RM, but very close. It is more expensive, so RM is the winner for me. CenterX was even tighter, but for the price difference, I am good with Rifle Match for now. Rifle Match has the highest scores on every paper game target I play and by a considerable margin on some games.
As a side note, CCI SV was much better than STD+ in my rifle, but I cannot stand how often the bolt sticks trying to load the CCI. I may try to find a better cheap ammo and leave the CCI to the CZs. I have so much of it though, that I may just suck it up.

Not a ton of difference between Std+ & Match at 50yds, though there are fewer fliers with Match. Once you get out to 100yds & past, there's quite a bit of difference, with a good lot of Match out-shooting Std+ by enough to be worth the price difference.
Thanks, I'll be shooting well past the 50 yd mark probably more than anything, I can shoot just a tick over 350 yds off my deck at home. With the price difference being not that much more for the SK match, I will just order more of it.

Re: SK Match
I bought over a dozen different lots of Rifle Match before finding one that I felt was good enough to purchase in quantity, then bought two cases of that lot. When I tested Pistol Match, I was only able to get six different lots - and four of the six shot great. I bought a case of the best of those four lots, and wish I'd bought more. Dealer price of the Pistol Match is a buck a box less than Rifle Match...so, it would seem that testing Pistol Match would be worthwhile.

Where are you buying your sk rifle match by the lot? I’ve looked around and couldn’t find anywhere that at least advertised selling it by the lot.

Most of what I bought came through Grafs, and I had to do some explaining to get them to send me samples of the lots they had in stock. The gal I worked with was very helpful once she understood why I was asking for such small quantities of various lots - but that was a year or more ago. More recently, when I tried to buy some test samples of Lapua Polar Biathlon, I struck out. The guy I spoke with told me this stuff was flying off the shelves as fast as they could get it, people were buying full cases of it without doing any testing. Don't know whether to call BS on his claim or not - but there's no way I'm going to drop $1200/case (dealer price) of ANY brand/grade of ammo without testing in my rifles. I've shot enough of the Biathlon to know that it's just like any other 22RF ammo - you need to do lot testing to find one that shoots well in your rifle.

Champions Choice & Champion Shooter Supply have catered to competitive shooters for many years, and they understand why serious shooters want to test different lots. Whether they have enough of the ammo you're interested in to test depends on timing of your order. I went to Grafs because they give ffl dealers a discount, while these two companies don't - or at least, they don't advertise a dealer discount.

I just shot my Vudoo for the first time yesterday. Here were the first three 5 round groups fired at 50 yards after zeroing it in. This was with Eley Tenex.

Attachments

• F54E7244-1A99-4992-9A11-30C801B578AD.jpeg
    F54E7244-1A99-4992-9A11-30C801B578AD.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 3FED8B2A-E0BF-4C47-A7AA-1441EFB9BDF2.jpeg
    3FED8B2A-E0BF-4C47-A7AA-1441EFB9BDF2.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 24CE650B-22E3-44D7-B79C-90ED9B86B649.jpeg
    24CE650B-22E3-44D7-B79C-90ED9B86B649.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: J Scott
My Vudoo loves an old lot I have of Wolf ME. It’s several years old so I assume it is still made by Lapua. It shoots the Lapua Center X better past 100 but its still pretty close. I tried the SK Standard + and I wasnt impressed. I guess I need to try some SK Rifle Match since it is supposedly the new Wolf ME.

No, dialing 300 yards with a 22 rimfire is like dialing 300 yards with a 22 rimfire. Nothing about a 22 rimfire resembles any centerfire. Especially a 308. These ballistics are not close enough to scale a comparison in a real world critical situation.

.22 at 300
Elevation- 11.6 mils
10mph Wind- 3.2 mils

.308 at 1200
Elevation- 13.9 mils
10mph Wind- 3.2 mils

Yup nothing similar :rolleyes: but it would be closer to 1100 with the .308 which is 11.6 mils elevation and 2.8 mils of wind. My bad. Unlike you I am not in a "real world critical situation" when shooting my .22 so doesn't matter if it's exact. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: davere and 47guy
.22 at 300
Elevation- 11.6 mils
10mph Wind- 3.2 mils

.308 at 1200
Elevation- 13.9 mils
10mph Wind- 3.2 mils

Yup nothing similar :rolleyes: but it would be closer to 1100 with the .308 which is 11.6 mils elevation and 2.8 mils of wind. My bad. Unlike you I am not in a "real world critical situation" when shooting my .22 so doesn't matter if it's exact. LOL

Not meant to criticize anyone. If taken badly I shall delete the post.

.22 at 300
Elevation- 11.6 mils
10mph Wind- 3.2 mils

.308 at 1200
Elevation- 13.9 mils
10mph Wind- 3.2 mils

I had a pretty long reply typed out. But I deleted it. This guy knows exactly what you’re comparing it to and what you mean.

He went on some random technical babble in an attempt to sound smart. Now he’s playing the “I didn’t mean to criticize anyone” card. ?

I had a pretty long reply typed out. But I deleted it. This guy knows exactly what you’re comparing it to and what you mean.

He went on some random technical babble in an attempt to sound smart. Now he’s playing the “I didn’t mean to criticize anyone” card. ?
Or could it be , " I'm not trying to criticize anyone? Whatever.