• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo announcement?

Congrats to Mike, Paul and the crew at Vudoo on the launch. I think this is going to be a home run. We were privileged to get a reproduction sample ahead of the launch and a personal visit from MB. I took the Three 60 to a little "family and friends" match over the weekend and it was the star of the show. Below is a little preview of the Three 60 in the prototype AT-X AICS. This setup is going to change some things. The groups are at 100 yards and we were getting brutalized by wind. Random lot of R50, and elevation is under 1 MOA.
This post made my wallet curl up in the corner and start whimpering.....

Congrats to Mike, Paul and the crew at Vudoo on the launch. I think this is going to be a home run. We were privileged to get a reproduction sample ahead of the launch and a personal visit from MB. I took the Three 60 to a little "family and friends" match over the weekend and it was the star of the show. Below is a little preview of the Three 60 in the prototype AT-X AICS. This setup is going to change some things. The groups are at 100 yards and we were getting brutalized by wind. Random lot of R50, and elevation is under 1 MOA.
Thanks Scott, it was great to hang with you and Rhett all day and catch up. It had been too long since the last time we were able to do that. I also appreciate having the opportunity to preview the AT-X chassis. If the only dynamic I had available to gauge the significance of this chassis was the excitement in your building, that would be plenty for me. Too bad the weather wasn't as excited as we were, it would've been great to get out and shoot it, but glad the time shooting with your family worked out so well.

The amount of design thought that went into the AT-X and the execution of this chassis is incredible and what I think I like the most is the positioning of the barreled action in the chassis. There's a low bore axis arrangement that helps create a more "handy" feel to the total package and the "tippy" feel as it sits on a bag just isn't there. The interface for the weights is something I was curious about and after listening to the thought behind the approach, it makes total sense. Anyway, I don't want to detract from what Scott and the guys have to talk about soon, so I'll leave it there, but again, lots to be excited about.

MB

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, it was great to hang with you and Rhett all day and catch up. It had been too long since the last time we were able to do that. I also appreciate having the opportunity to preview the AT-X chassis. If the only dynamic I had available to gauge the significance of this chassis was the excitement in your building, that would be plenty for me. Too bad the weather wasn't as excited as we were, it would've been great to get out and shoot it, but glad the time shooting with your family worked out so well.

The amount of design thought that went into the AT-X and the execution of this chassis is incredible and what I think I like the most is the positioning of the barreled action in the chassis. There's a low bore axis arrangement that helps create a more "handy" feel to the total package and the "tippy" feel as it sits on a bag just isn't there. The interface for the weights is something I was curious about and after listening to the thought behind the approach, it makes total sense. Anyway, I don't want to detract from what Scott and the guys have to talk about soon, so I'll leave it there, but again, lots to be excited about.

MB
I see a round knob being used on the prototype. Any chance of getting a swept handle version...even a bit should help.... for those looking to further replicate an AI feel?
Thanks!

Zermatt went with a swept handle on their Rim-X and there were a bunch of guys on here bitching about that; now Mike announces the Three 60 with a straight handle, and a bunch of you guys aren't happy with that - just goes to show that you can't please everyone... Personally, I've got several customs built on M700 actions, with PTG bolts in most of them, with both swept & straight bolt handles; also have five rifles built on BigHorn actions with straight handles, and it just doesn't make any difference to me, aside from my own opinion that a swept handle 'looks' a little better....

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Seigmund

MB
Mike, it was really great having you in last week! It has been much too long.

One of the people that came out to my brother's place on Sunday has been shooting the V22 Gen 2 and he and his son were very thrilled to get some hands on time with the Three 60. Both of them were just amazed at the low bolt operating forces on the Three 60 (as are we at AINA). Between eight shooters we ran hundreds of rounds through the rifle with different types of ammo. I even tried some 22 year old Federal Gold Medal, the stuff Federal used to make for the US Shooting team with the dimple in the rear of the case. Got some good groups with that stuff too. The other thing that got a lot of attention is the ability to balance the gun on pretty much any support surface without "holding" the back end of the rifle up. The low total height of the system allows it enter small openings, scope and all.

As I said earlier, I think this setup is going to change things in the rimfire game. All of us here at AI are stoked to have a rimfire with the same bolt throw as our AI rifles.

Well done!

Is there any kind of estimate on what the AT-X chassis is going to run? It does look like it could change the game.

I was a little disappointed to find out today that the barreled action price went up $100 since I placed my order for an MPA BA Comp rifle with MTU 20" barrel, and that charge had to be added to get the Three 60 ($50). Turned the change into $150 for me...but I want the Three 60, so I told Lisa to "make it happen". Looking forward to getting my first V22.
I didn't want you to be disappointed so I looked into what was going on here. In short, this is one of those moments where a marriage of clarity, new technology (for us) and a new product launch occurred, so please bear with me through this.

We had an across-the-board price increase for the first time in four years along with a new ERP system and we launched the Three60. When the price increase info was input to the ERP system, the increase was added to the old pricing. Specifically in the case of barreled actions, this was an increase from $1770 to $1870. With the launch of the Three60, the pricing should have been based on an increase relative to the the Gen 2 ($1870), but instead, it was calculated by the system based on the old pricing ($1770). Since the system drives our form on the website, it appeared as a $50 increase instead of a $150 increase. Jeez-O-Peet!

So, this issue wasn't noticed until we were somewhat down-the-road on the launch and when the correction was made, it reflected a $150 change on the form instead of the $50 that you guys were seeing early in the ordering process. For you guys that placed an order under the $50 increase, we're honoring that order without question, so you guys are good-to-go, without worry, etc. For those placing an order after the correction was made, you shoulda been quicker-on-the-trigger. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Sorry, couldn't resist, you guys know I like messin' with you when I get the chance.

Anyway, like I stated in a prior post, you guys brought "game" and we truly and sincerely appreciate this community for the support we've received.

MB

Is there any kind of estimate on what the AT-X chassis is going to run? It does look like it could change the game.
We aren't going to put out any estimates as it only gives the interwebs ammo to fire back at us :)

As most of you know, AI won't rush a product to market, but it will be the best in class when it arrives. There will be one more prototype iteration before freezing the design, completing the manufacturing drawings, BOM (bill of materials), etc. It will be shipping in 2021 without doubt.

Reactions: KML7201
I see a round knob being used on the prototype. Any chance of getting a swept handle version...even a bit should help.... for those looking to further replicate an AI feel?
Thanks!
I get this question a lot more lately, especially after it's deemed obvious by many that I enjoy my AIAT; my one-and-only centerfire platform (I've been known to post a few pictures and discussions on IG about my AIAT with the AX buttstock conversion). I have a few things in mind, especially after the visit with Scott and Rhett, so give me a little time to think this through.

MB

Last edited:
We aren't going to put out any estimates as it only gives the interwebs ammo to fire back at us :)

As most of you know, AI won't rush a product to market, but it will be the best in class when it arrives. There will be one more prototype iteration before freezing the design, completing the manufacturing drawings, BOM (bill of materials), etc. It will be shipping in 2021 without doubt.
Completely understand. Great to hear about it coming out in 2021.

I get this question a lot more lately, especially after it's deemed obvious by many that I enjoy my AIAT; my one-and-only centerfire platform (I've been known to post a few pictures and discussions on IG about my AIAT with he AX buttstock conversion). I have a few things in mind, especially after the visit with Scott and Rhett, so give me a little time to think this through.

MB
I'm good with thinking. I think time has shown, when Mike gets thinking, good things happen!

I didn't want you to be disappointed so I looked into what was going on here. In short, this is one of those moments where a marriage of clarity, new technology (for us) and a new product launch occurred, so please bear with me through this.

We had an across-the-board price increase for the first time in four years along with a new ERP system and we launched the Three60. When the price increase info was input to the ERP system, the increase was added to the old pricing. Specifically in the case of barreled actions, this was an increase from $1770 to $1870. With the launch of the Three60, the pricing should have been based on an increase relative to the the Gen 2 ($1870), but instead, it was calculated by the system based on the old pricing ($1770). Since the system drives our form on the website, it appeared as a $50 increase instead of a $150 increase. Jeez-O-Peet!

So, this issue wasn't noticed until we were somewhat down-the-road on the launch and when the correction was made, it reflected a $150 change on the form instead of the $50 that you guys were seeing early in the ordering process. For you guys that placed an order under the $50 increase, we're honoring that order without question, so you guys are good-to-go, without worry, etc. For those placing an order after the correction was made, you shoulda been quicker-on-the-trigger. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Sorry, couldn't resist, you guys know I like messin' with you when I get the chance.

Anyway, like I stated in a prior post, you guys brought "game" and we truly and sincerely appreciate this community for the support we've received.

MB
Mike - thanks for the story behind the story... I design computer software and the devil is definitely in the detail. To me, a 7.8% price increase to get the newest product with better features on top of an existing order is a small price to pay... hell, that's less than sales tax here in Tennessee. I especially appreciate you letting us change our in process orders since most companies would not allow that because it is more work on them to manage.

Tell the Vudoo team they rock - between the shop move, tech upgrades, product launches, and skyrocketing demand you guys are killing it and all while not forgetting to put us customers first!

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Mike - thanks for the story behind the story... I design computer software and the devil is definitely in the detail. To me, a 7.8% price increase to get the newest product with better features on top of an existing order is a small price to pay... hell, that's less than sales tax here in Tennessee. I especially appreciate you letting us change our in process orders since most companies would not allow that because it is more work on them to manage.

Tell the Vudoo team they rock - between the shop move, tech upgrades, product launches, and skyrocketing demand you guys are killing it and all while not forgetting to put us customers first!
Thanks Dude, very much appreciated and I forwarded your message to the crew. For us, the community always comes first....

MB

Scott rolled in with some really cool stuff Easter weekend and we made the most of it. The new Vudoo 3-lug was the "show dog" My son in law Aaron has one on order:) Scott, my daughter Kristine, her husband Kevin, Aaron, nephew Randall Whitehead, Wayne & Connor McNeeley, and I all shot the new Vudoo out to 200 yards and its performance was exemplary.
IMG_8177.jpeg
IMG_8179.jpeg
IMG_8140.jpeg
IMG_8135.jpeg

NRL22 April COF Bullshit stage:)
IMG_8180.jpeg

Thanks Dude, much appreciated. Six o'clock ignition in a repeater isn't hard to pull off at all, there's plenty of bolt head support without having to go to a bladed firing pin design. For us though, it changes the magazine and style of ejector, which also means some significant changes in the receiver.

If I remove the ejector from my Gen 3 repeater, remove the extractors from my single shot bolt (which is six o'clock) and put in a loaded mag, it feeds fine. However, given our success with 12 o'clock ignition in the repeaters, plus the improvements made in the fire control with Gen 2 and Gen 3, comparing the performance won't show a delta that, for me, that's worth chasing right now.

This is a great question and I appreciate you asking....

MB
That's a very detailed reply with a lot of info,
Congrats on another new option & thankyou for keeping on pushing ahead with improving & upgrading an already class leading product.

Vudoo is at the top of the list for my next rifle. (Have been waiting for the gen3/60 degree to happen).
Now just have to keep saving for it.

And I'll be first to add , your reply looks like a blueprint for a possible gen 4 design. (add fishing/pot stirring emoji here);)

Thanks
Drew

• Haha
Scott rolled in with some really cool stuff Easter weekend and we made the most of it. The new Vudoo 3-lug was the "show dog" My son in law Aaron has one on order:) Scott, my daughter Kristine, her husband Kevin, Aaron, nephew Randall Whitehead, Wayne & Connor McNeeley, and I all shot the new Vudoo out to 200 yards and its performance was exemplaryView attachment 7600490
NRL22 April COF Bullshit stage:)
What are the specs on this gun?
1617926008871.jpeg

Reactions: Criver600
That's a very detailed reply with a lot of info,
Congrats on another new option & thankyou for keeping on pushing ahead with improving & upgrading an already class leading product.

Vudoo is at the top of the list for my next rifle. (Have been waiting for the gen3/60 degree to happen).
Now just have to keep saving for it.

And I'll be first to add , your reply looks like a blueprint for a possible gen 4 design. (add fishing/pot stirring emoji here);)

Thanks
Drew
Your response made me laugh because, I guess you likely know there's always a new "blueprint." Thanks Dude and let me know if you need anything....

MB

Reactions: Drew M

MB
I wasn't trying to whine MB, your team has taken care of my order with a great deal of customer service. Really looking forward to bringing it home.

Well you could give an estimate like “4th quarter”. With no year and no indication of calendar or fiscal you can’t be wrong. 😁

I wasn't trying to whine MB, your team has taken care of my order with a great deal of customer service. Really looking forward to bringing it home.
No sir, didn't take it as whining at all. Just wanted to get ahead of what could have been many questions with full transparency. Much appreciated, Dude.

MB

Reactions: Cowpokey
So we have the new action, where are we on barrel twist? I didn’t see it as an option on the order sheet?
We're building fast twist rifles using nine twist barrels, but it takes considerably longer to get the faster twist barrels because the makers don't do them in large runs like the 16 twist barrels. Currently, it regarded as a special request due to the considerably longer delivery times.

MB

Your response made me laugh because, I guess you likely know there's always a new "blueprint." Thanks Dude and let me know if you need anything....

MB
In my nature to try & make things better, stronger, faster etc
By the time the last job is finished, already thinking of how to make the next one better.

Cheers
Drew

In my nature to try & make things better, stronger, faster etc
By the time the last job is finished, already thinking of how to make the next one better.

Cheers
Drew
Yessir, I get it. A number of the things I developed for firearms are actually inspired by parts I've designed and made for Harley's....kinda cool.

MB

Can you swap out a 90 degree bolt/action for a 60 degree bolt ?

Barreled action order in!!!

LH 360
22" kukri
Vudoo green
Round knob
No muzzle threads

My Gen1 18" is running real strong, won our local NRL22 yesterday, was very happy because it was the first match after a very deep clean and switching from some finicky SK biathlon ammo back to SKRM for the Spring. Shot this 10rd group below, then lucked out on the win.
Also ran my new 15rd mag for the first time, ran very well. Heavy devil, but worth it.
So excited to have a 360 on order, and seeing more and more Vudoos at our matches--the competition is getting rough!! 🤓 And that's a great thing.
PXL_20210410_130652868.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CBeck

LH 360
22" kukri
Vudoo green
Round knob
No muzzle threads

My Gen1 18" is running real strong, won our local NRL22 yesterday, was very happy because it was the first match after a very deep clean and switching from some finicky SK biathlon ammo back to SKRM for the Spring. Shot this 10rd group below, then lucked out on the win.
Also ran my new 15rd mag for the first time, ran very well. Heavy devil, but worth it.
So excited to have a 360 on order, and seeing more and more Vudoos at our matches--the competition is getting rough!! 🤓 And that's a great thing.
My order for my second one is similar to yours. I love that is southpaws don’t have to wait when Vudoo puts out a new action.

My gen 2 shoots great but I wanted a heavier contour barrel at least 22” long and also opted for no muzzle threads.

LH 360
22" kukri
Vudoo green
Round knob
No muzzle threads

Looking good man, congrats yesterday. How did Dan do?

Looking good man, congrats yesterday. How did Dan do?
I can't remember if Dan or Eric was 2nd, but they were right behind, I wasn't expecting to take it--the last stage was a shooter's choice for points, but turned into a shit show for me, lol! @JBoomhauer does that sound right? :ROFLMAO: :coffee: :coffee:
Hope all is going well for you @jbell Our next match if you can make it is 5/08!

Just ordered my 360 from Canada, coming from a CZ 455. Debating on putting it in another MDT ACC or going the Manners PRS TSC route. Anyone have any suggestions?

Just ordered my 360 from Canada, coming from a CZ 455. Debating on putting it in another MDT ACC or going the Manners PRS TSC route. Anyone have any suggestions?
If the manners tcs fits your grip then it's pretty solid. But the grip isn't adjustable and it was too far back for me.

I have multiple acc. My new favorite now is the xlr envy pro with a full nv cover.

I can't remember if Dan or Eric was 2nd, but they were right behind, I wasn't expecting to take it--the last stage was a shooter's choice for points, but turned into a shit show for me, lol! @JBoomhauer does that sound right? :ROFLMAO: :coffee: :coffee:
Hope all is going well for you @jbell Our next match if you can make it is 5/08!
Yeah, My decision to go with all 1” targets @100 no matter what did not turn out well for me. 😂 . Oh well there is always next time! Good to see you take it.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrayDog
The Vudoo rifles I've seen in the MDT don't feed reliably, and they don't balance all that well off a bag.
Accuracy International's AT-X chassis fed perfectly, easy to balance off a barricade, shot great. Thats a Vudoo 3-lug
IMG_8140.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8142.jpeg
    IMG_8142.jpeg
    880.2 KB · Views: 54
The Vudoo rifles I've seen in the MDT don't feed reliably, and they don't balance all that well off a bag.
Accuracy International's AT-X chassis fed perfectly, easy to balance off a barricade, shot great. Thats a Vudoo 3-lug
View attachment 7602253

Weird why the Vudoo and MDT don't feed. In our match here, we have 4 ACC's in 4 different Vudoo's and they all feed great. The mag latch is perfect fit for the Vudoo mag. It takes a little work to get it to balance, mainly to call MDT and have them swap out the rear buttplate with an aluminum one which drops like 10oz of weight from the rear which helps the balance a lot. Longer fore-end means you can put weights up front as well.

I'm planning on swapping all my ACC's to the AT-X's but they won't be out until the end of the year. I do hope that AI makes some sort of thumb rest on the AT-X.

I'm bummed that you can't get the 360 in a .22 WMR Vudoo