• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vudoo Cerakote

garandman

Bad Advice for Free
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Huntington WV
Ordering a V22 in a KRG. Thinking about paint.

Anyone got one in a Sniper Gray bbld action / black chassis color scheme?

Or pics of yours in other colors welcome also.

Thanx.

Last edited:
If you look at the picture just above your post about ordering your vudoo in a KRG chassis in the V22 thread, my rifle is the middle one in the pic. The barreled action is Sniper Gray and the stock is black with gray webbing.

Reactions: garandman
Here is a pic of a black barreled action in a green KRG Bravo

Gun2.jpg

@garandman , my apologies I just went and checked my build specks and that is actually Cobalt grey, it was a new color a couple of months ago, I was convinced by a wonderful sales man that it was really close in color but with a slightly more metallic look. Ravage can correct me if I'm wrong.

I am packing up for my NRL 22 match tomorrow and thought I would try to snap a closer picture. Mine is Sniper Gray. It has a darker/satin look in person. My LED lighting is skewing it a bit.
7D3979BA-62B1-4929-A973-4D29072D331A.jpeg

I'd ordered a bbl'd action with a 22" Bartlein Kukri in graphite black for a Manners PRS1 in Elite GAP camo. While discussing the order with Paul & Jay at VGW, they told me they had another bbl'd action with the same bbl I'd ordered, ready to go, only it was painted in sniper gray, and I could have it - like right now - instead of waiting another few weeks on the one I'd ordered. Cha-ching - ring me up! I wound up putting my first V-22 - which I'd barreled myself & painted the bbl graphite black to match the VGW black action - into the GAP camo Manners, and got another PRS1 in scorched earth to use with the sniper gray bbl'd action. Wish I had a better photo of it, but so far, this is all I have...

Attachments

• DSC_1210.JPG
    DSC_1210.JPG
    500 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: marauderx33
Thanx. It looks too close to black (for my tastes) so I will likely go with the burnt bronze.

Thanx again.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAVAGE88
Thanx. It looks too close to black (for my tastes) so I will likely go with the burnt bronze.

Thanx again.

garandman - If you look at the photo I posted (post #11 above), you can see the gas shield of the bolt of my V-22 that's black. The folks at VGW don't typically cera kote the gas shield, nor the bolt handle knob, and the contrast between those parts on my rifle's bolt and the sniper gray on the remaining metal parts is very noticeable. IOW, you'd never mistake sniper gray for black. I'm attaching another photo, this one a Howa Mini in 20 Tactical in a Boyds blue/gray laminated stock. I shot sniper gray on the bbl'd action & DBM, while the scope rings & scope are still anodized black. I've done a few rifles (including a complete AR15) in burnt bronze, and it looks good to me - I just wanted to point out that there's quite a difference between sniper gray & black.

Attachments

• DSC_1188.JPG
    DSC_1188.JPG
    425.9 KB · Views: 105