• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Challenge Match - 200 Yards

That was cold rooster, funny but cold. :D

I wish I had the necessary talent to be able to justify purchasing a voodoo.
At my age, my abilities seem to vary week by week.
Some range trips I can do no wrong, others those crosshairs never seem to settle down.
Fun getting old, eh? ;)

Reactions: roostercogburn98
I said the very same thing to a friend of mine. I couldn’t justify the price of a Vudoo because of my ability. After thinking about it , I decided to get one anyway. Truth is I’m just an average shooter. Will it make me better? No. Only practice can do that. It may be extravagant but I feel I’m worth it in the end. Make yourself happy if only for happiness sake. Life is short my friends. QUOTE="justin amateur, post: 8340773, member: 68757"]

Some range trips I can do no wrong, others those crosshairs never seem to settle down.
Fun getting old, eh? ;)
[/QUOTE]

Tinman, if I feel the need for better results, I've put together a Savage/Shilen 223 bench rifle.
I'm learning precision reloading, and start the morning with rimfire at 200 yards.
Warm up with the rimfire, then see how I do at the bench using this week's handloads.
This month trying 75gr vld's atop Benchmark.
Keeps me entertained. :)

Last edited:
I said the very same thing to a friend of mine. I couldn’t justify the price of a Vudoo because of my ability. After thinking about it , I decided to get one anyway. Truth is I’m just an average shooter. Will it make me better? No. Only practice can do that. It may be extravagant but I feel I’m worth it in the end. Make yourself happy if only for happiness sake. Life is short my friends. QUOTE="justin amateur, post: 8340773, member: 68757"]

Fun getting old, eh? ;)
[/QUOTE]
Got plenty of “happy” in the safe. From Barrett to GA. I’ve thought about a Voodoo once or twice. Spent more than I planned dressing up my RAR and it seems to keep me happy so far. Tomorrow I will stretch it some, previously I have shot it to 168 yards with very predictable results. Only time will tell because I’m tossing the idea of a new build around as we speak.

Got plenty of “happy” in the safe. From Barrett to GA. I’ve thought about a Voodoo once or twice. Spent more than I planned dressing up my RAR and it seems to keep me happy so far. Tomorrow I will stretch it some, previously I have shot it to 168 yards with very predictable results. Only time will tell because I’m tossing the idea of a new build around as we speak.
[/QUOTE]
if you ain’t shooting 1/4 moa ALL DAY LONG, you:oops::oops: need a new gun !’

• Haha
Is that in the same plan where all college debt is forgiven? We all get a monthly stipend for toys

Attachments

• 7CC35530-EF55-49CB-9B03-5FA3BC5CA031.jpeg
    7CC35530-EF55-49CB-9B03-5FA3BC5CA031.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 61
Tinman, if I feel the need for better results, I've put together a Savage/Shilen 223 bench rifle.
I'm learning precision reloading, and start the morning with rimfire at 200 yards.
Warm up with the rimfire, then see how I do at the bench using this week's handloads.
This month trying 75gr vld's atop Benchmark.
Keeps me entertained. :)

Justin,
Benchmark may be a little fast burning for heavy Bullets. It is great for lighter bullets. Try something like RL 15 or Varget. Also CCI 450 or CCI BR4 primers. When you push heavy bullets in a 223, you can get primer cratering, it is not high pressure, it softer primers. The CCI's will help with that..
Mark

Last edited:
So Benchmark and my 40 to 55 grain ballistic tips?
Can do. Like I said, working my way up the learning curve.
I've tried H322 and 335, Varget and just started with this canister of Benchmark.
Fascinating how such small differences in cartridge assembly changes results.

I would like to see more of these Vudoo owners. Let's see what you got! 👌