• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo owners, what scope you go with and why?

The floating dot does well for centering , but does nothing for parallax tuning.
You can , however, tune the reticule in on the ocular side.
The ocular on the IOR recon most definetly allows for some focus tuning, but I've not seen any other scope that does that.
I can actually focus my scope to tack sharpness on an object as close as 10 feet away. But again, I've never seen any other scope that does this.
Disagree. When you move your head side to side it is very easy to see the parallax off set on the floating dot vs the blank spot on the 2c.

Disagree. When you move your head side to side it is very easy to see the parallax off set on the floating dot vs the blank spot on the 2c.

Agreed, that is true, Didn't realize thats what he meant. Thought he was talking in terms of focus.
Most people don't even realize that focus can be perfect and parallax will be off. Feminist central is famous for this.
T.S.

I am still looking for the perfect scope for my Vudoo. Started with NXS 5.5-22 and it wouldn’t focus down below 50. Picked up a PST Gen II EBR-4 reticle and I haven’t loved it yet, but no real complaints. I want one that focuses 25 or below(maybe 32 like the RZR) and has a fine reticle to shoot groups. Honestly I don’t care how much it costs at this point. I am a NF guy and may just get an ATACR 7-35 but want to hear differing opinions on what you guys like. The RZR, AMG, Kahles, and Burris XTR iii are all in the running. Her is how my Vudoo started with NF glass.

View attachment 7156791
I am still looking for the perfect scope for my Vudoo. Started with NXS 5.5-22 and it wouldn’t focus down below 50. Picked up a PST Gen II EBR-4 reticle and I haven’t loved it yet, but no real complaints. I want one that focuses 25 or below(maybe 32 like the RZR) and has a fine reticle to shoot groups. Honestly I don’t care how much it costs at this point. I am a NF guy and may just get an ATACR 7-35 but want to hear differing opinions on what you guys like. The RZR, AMG, Kahles, and Burris XTR iii are all in the running. Her is how my Vudoo started with NF glass.

View attachment 7156791
Hello TL,
I use the Trijicon 5-50x56 from B&H camera. They have a 30 day test drive policy. It was 1750.00 and I bought it with my E-bay 6 months no interest program. It will focus down to 10 yards. I got mine in MOA
because it's so simple to do the math for the yardage. 1" per hundred yards so it's .010" per yard.
She has .125 clicks and needs no tools to reset to zero. She also has an illuminated reticle, both red and green. The glass is clear edge to edge. I'm looking for another scope myself, possibly a March but that is pretty pricey at 3K. Please let me know what you settle on.

Shawn Carroll

Attachments

• DSC09941.JPG
    DSC09941.JPG
    463.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC09905.JPG
    DSC09905.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 85
The floating dot does well for centering , but does nothing for parallax tuning.
You can , however, tune the reticule in on the ocular side.
The ocular on the IOR recon most definetly allows for some focus tuning, but I've not seen any other scope that does that.
I can actually focus my scope to tack sharpness on an object as close as 10 feet away. But again, I've never seen any other scope that does this.

Hot dang did all yall win the lottery?? I aint saying i never will but rite now i cant see putting 2-3 k scope on a 22!
Hello Cuzz,
I hear what your saying but I have six Athlons and I only like the Cronus and ARES ETR. I wish I had
bought another Trijicon instead of the Athlons. I have never regretted buying nice things. My Vudoo was pricey as well but I really like it and it will be a lifetime gun. I recently bought the Sharps 45-70 in the photos. It is a beautiful gun but I don't shoot it often. I shoot my .22s like a crazy person so it comes down to value per shot. My Cronus is on my CZ 457 MTR and that is a very nice rifle and is cheap at about 750.00
If you cant get a Vudoo the CZ 457 is what I recommend.

Attachments

• DSC09864.JPG
    DSC09864.JPG
    496.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 37
  • Z4.jpg
    Z4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Z6.jpg
    Z6.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: tlsmith22
Hot dang did all yall win the lottery?? I aint saying i never will but rite now i cant see putting 2-3 k scope on a 22!
Says the man from North MS with a Vudoo on order :cool: It's only money, Cuzz. :)

Reactions: Cuzz
Hello Cuzz,
I hear what your saying but I have six Athlons and I only like the Cronus and ARES ETR. I wish I had
bought another Trijicon instead of the Athlons. I have never regretted buying nice things. My Vudoo was pricey as well but I really like it and it will be a lifetime gun. I recently bought the Sharps 45-70 in the photos. It is a beautiful gun but I don't shoot it often. I shoot my .22s like a crazy person so it comes down to value per shot. My Cronus is on my CZ 457 MTR and that is a very nice rifle and is cheap at about 750.00
If you cant get a Vudoo the CZ 457 is what I recommend.
I have a vudoo on order, thats part of why i dont want to spend so much on a scope. and i agree about the nice stuff, Ive wished id of spent a little more and got more quality but i dont remember wishing id of bought a cheaper anything.

I have a vudoo on order, thats part of why i dont want to spend so much on a scope. and i agree about the nice stuff, Ive wished id of spent a little more and got more quality but i dont remember wishing id of bought a cheaper anything.
And if yall are embarrassing me groupwise i will need somewhere to put the blame and cheap scope is good as any!!

• Haha
Reactions: Stevelightning

After shooting all summer long, I'd say if I had to spend any money on quality, it'd be on the scope first. I see people buying $1500 rifles, and running with $250 scopes and they hate shooting because they can't see with clarity half the shit they're trying to hit. So I did the same thing with scopes... Weaver 3-10 Grand Slam Tactical, Burris XTR II, Vortex PST II, Athlon Ares BTR, and now Athlon Ares ETR. I would say my min bar of enjoyment now is my ETR, but that's probably because i haven't gone up to a Cronus, or a TT. Ares ETR ($950) I've asked a few people as one of the best price for clarity/function.

After shooting all summer long, I'd say if I had to spend any money on quality, it'd be on the scope first. I see people buying $1500 rifles, and running with $250 scopes and they hate shooting because they can't see with clarity half the shit they're trying to hit. So I did the same thing with scopes... Weaver 3-10 Grand Slam Tactical, Burris XTR II, Vortex PST II, Athlon Ares BTR, and now Athlon Ares ETR. I would say my min bar of enjoyment now is my ETR, but that's probably because i haven't gone up to a Cronus, or a TT. Ares ETR ($950) I've asked a few people as one of the best price for clarity/function.
My Cronus is OK but it only goes to 29 power. My Trijicon goes to 50 power and is very nice and worth the 1769.00. My Cronus is my minimum and is on my CZ.

As far as ammo, I have had good luck with SK red box. It is 65.00 for a brick of 500 rnds. from Target Sports USA. I have used Lapua Midas plus but it is 159.00 a brick and not worth the cost to me. I have a Trigger Tech Diamond in my Vudoo with a flat blade. I would get the standard curved blade if I did it again.

As far as ammo, I have had good luck with SK red box. It is 65.00 for a brick of 500 rnds. from Target Sports USA. I have used Lapua Midas plus but it is 159.00 a brick and not worth the cost to me. I have a Trigger Tech Diamond in my Vudoo with a flat blade. I would get the standard curved blade if I did it again.
I remember a Shawn at AOA, i dont suppose thats You?

For his purpose built ELR Vudoo, here's his-Vudoo employee- scope choice and why. The scope part begins at 2:27 >>

After shooting 7-8 .22 matches this Summer, I thought I was the only one using a 25 yard zero. Most seem to use 50. Was trying to understand if 50 would be better for me but couldn't find any reason it would. Anyone?

After shooting 7-8 .22 matches this Summer, I thought I was the only one using a 25 yard zero. Most seem to use 50. Was trying to understand if 50 would be better for me but couldn't find any reason it would. Anyone?

The people I knew in matches with a 50 yard zero, were ones that didn't have a 25 yard rifle line at their local range, and vice versa.

For me, with my ammo I'm pretty happy that zero at 25, zero at 50, 1 @ 75, 2 @ 100. Pretty nice whole #'s. I wish I had a 50 yard berm at my range to play with though.

I remember a Shawn at AOA, i dont suppose thats You?
No, I'm not that Shawn but I have bought from AoA. See photos below. These are my last two airguns. I used to shoot Field Target
The closest place to me now is Roz Sumpters place and he is six hours away.

Attachments

• DSC09666.JPG
    DSC09666.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC09871.JPG
    DSC09871.JPG
    493.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC09800.JPG
    DSC09800.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 34
I do it all the time.
I knew he was gonna say that.
He aint lying neither.
This guy has all kinda high end optics. And more high end .22's than you can shake a stick at.
But he doesn't have a Recon, or a vudoo.
Nah naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
lol.

Anyways my Recon is the highest end scope that I own.
Behind that is my 6.5-20 x40 Leupold EFR. It's very nice too.
I decided a while back that I am not buying anymore cheap scopes like Hawke ( not that cheap and overpriced) , Weaver, Athlon, or any of the other generic brands that promise everything and get put to shame by Leupold.
I'm gonna stick to Leupold, IOR and Schmidt Bender.

But while we're on the subject of expensive scopes on 22's.
Here is my Daystate Regal XL pcp airgun. With the Leupold 6.5-20 EFR. ( extended focus range) down to 10 yards.
Oh yes, it is very accurate

REGAL.jpg

If i had yo money i would too!!!
No, I'm not that Shawn but I have bought from AoA. See photos below. These are my last two airguns. I used to shoot Field Target
The closest place to me now is Roz Sumpters place and he is six hours away.
i have 30 & 22 cal fx. Shot in extreme bench rest about 3 years ago, lost of fun
He aint lying neither.
This guy has all kinda high end optics. And more high end .22's than you can shake a stick at.
Nah naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
lol.

I decided a while back that I am not buying anymore cheap scopes like Hawke ( not that cheap and overpriced) , Weaver, Athlon, or any of the other generic brands that promise everything and get put to shame by Leupold.

Here is my Daystate Regal XL pcp airgun. With the Leupold 6.5-20 EFR. ( extended focus range) down to 10 yards.

View attachment 7160069

He aint lying neither.
Nah naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
lol.

View attachment 7160069
it has been a long time since I have seen a Huntsman..... Placed first in "B" class with one in the Worlds in 93. That is a good looking rifle you have. Shawn Carroll

More airgun shooters on the Hide, excellent!

Speaking of that...and scopes...

Got my S&B 5-25 mounted on the American Air Arms EVOL 30 caliber and am somewhat practiced up for the EBR starting next Thursday.

Shawn, I've shot at Sumpter's place for a FT national event about ten years ago. That's a cool property!

Half my friends own Regals, they are sweet PCP's!

Don't discount Athlon too much guys, I won my division last month at our state match in FT, this is the 4th year in a row with my Argos BTR 6-24x50 atop my USFT. It's not bad by any measure and I'm a scope snob.

My daughter has my wife's March 5-40 on her Brocock Sniper HR. She was just behind me in our state match and this is her fourth FT match. She outshoots me on occasion, and had two perfect scores when we shot through the course again for fun on Sunday which is just crazy!

My favorite rimfire is a Anny 1827F. Had to sort out some POI shifts caused from using the flimsy factory mount but that's taken care of since I had a custom steel mount made for it. I went 100% last time I shot it on progressively farther spinners starting at 20Y it's not hard at 3/4", then on out to 191Y. 191Y is 5".

But my favorite rimfire is a centerfire, lol. A reduced load in my 20-221FB/32's at 2300 fps. It makes a $3000 22rf with tested ammo seem silly by 150Y and at 300Y will put in 2" vertical and gave a few groups smaller.

Guess I was in a talkative mood, lol.

You're not wrong! It's a ridiculous amount of money and there's no shame in resisting the ridiculousness of it. I'll be selling some stuff to help ease my pain, and hoping I stumble upon a cheaper yet worthy choice in the mean time.

He aint lying neither.
Nah naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
lol.

I don't know about the IOR but you might talk me into a Vudoo. They are still on my want list but I need to clean out some other rifles that I'll never shoot. But then again, what the hell right? I don't understand why you want to do me that way. :rolleyes:?:p

it has been a long time since I have seen a Huntsman..... Placed first in "B" class with one in the Worlds in 93. That is a good looking rifle you have. Shawn Carroll

Thanks Shawn.
Rest of post edited because I was acting like a pompous asshole who rambles a lot on subjects of interest.
Apologies.
T.S.

Last edited:
I don't know about the IOR but you might talk me into a Vudoo. They are still on my want list but I need to clean out some other rifles that I'll never shoot. But then again, what the hell right? I don't understand why you want to do me that way. :rolleyes:?:p
Because you can afford it, and because it will be a new experience in rimfire. There is no other 22 like a vudoo.

Reactions: Stevelightning
I broke down and picked up a Vortex Gen 2 with the EBR-7C reticle off here this weekend. Guess I will see how I like it when it comes in later in the week. I am gonna put the PST Gen 2 on my 10/22. Maybe the Razor will fit the bill. I’m thinking it’s close to checking all the boxes, unsure if I will be crazy abt the reticle yet but I didn’t care for the 2c reticle with the open center.

I just picked up the 7c as well this past weekend. I have a 2c on my 6.5 and the open center drives me insane if I'm going for groups. Only other scope decent i have to compare it to is the dmrii g3 reticle so I don't know what I'm missing out on as far as Horus or any other reticles

I have settled on a 4.5-27x56 w/ EBR2-C reticle. It has great eye relief, clear glass and plenty of elevation to let me reach out there. I specifically like the 2C reticle due to the uncluttered center. It helps for NRL22 stages and small steel targets. Good luck.

View attachment 7156932
I'm digging the NV bridge without the rail. Nice touch! I'm going to have to steal that idea.

o_O Please stop the tormenting. ?

You know you want one. It's calling your name even in your sleep. Can't stop thinking about it, can you?
Ahh yes, tolerances so tight water can't even penetrate the loading port with the bolt closed. Perfect alignment , fitment like no other.
Oh and that ACE barrel. It is soooooo good. That silky smooth buttery action. I bet you're licking your chops right now just thinking about it.

It's just a matter of time. You will give in to your obsession sooner or later. You just can't help it.
All of those beautiful guns that you have , and no Vudoo.......tsk tsk tsk. What a shame.

lol

T.S.

I'm digging the NV bridge without the rail. Nice touch! I'm going to have to steal that idea.

Thanks. I wish I could claim it was anything other than I like how it looks. I didn't like how open it was and I already had the bridge so, why not? Besides, a gun that looks cool always shoots better right?

I just ordered this one from Doug @cameraland. As always, a great price and a great guy to boot. win/win

Athlon Optics Midas TAC 6-24x50 - APRS3 FFP MIL

Good looking rig. I'm looking forward to using this scope on my Vudoo and a few others. Are you pleased with yours-mechanical and image?

Yeah, it has good clicks on both knobs, no backlash that can be felt. Image quality is good for a scope in that price range. I wish I had gotten moa adjustments and second focal plane,

I went with PST Gen 2 ebr-2c reticle we'll see how I like it 5 by 25 by the way I have a gen 1 on a 6.5 Creedmoor for price point I'm really looking hard at the Trijicon or possibly the ior Recon

I've tried Nightforce, Athlon Midas and Meopta. The Meopta blows the other two away in all aspects other than tracking. I only say that because I have not done anything other than zero it. Side by side comparison to a Kahles 6-24 yesterday and the Meopta gave up nothing at 1/3 of the price. Glass was on par with the Kahles and the field of view at about 27x on the Meopta was comparable to the Kahles at 20.

Crazy good in my opinion.

I've tried Nightforce, Athlon Midas and Meopta. The Meopta blows the other two away in all aspects other than tracking. I only say that because I have not done anything other than zero it. Side by side comparison to a Kahles 6-24 yesterday and the Meopta gave up nothing at 1/3 of the price. Glass was on par with the Kahles and the field of view at about 27x on the Meopta was comparable to the Kahles at 20.

Crazy good in my opinion.
I have been interested in Meopta for a long time now, what model are you referring to?

I went with the NF 7-35 I wanted to match what was on my primary rifle. Lot of money for a 22 ”yes” but it can always be moved to another rifle if needed.