• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Trigger - Two Stage?

quikcolin

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
London, Ontario
Hey guys,

I've decided on a TriggerTech Diamond trigger for my new Vudoo build. But can't decided on whether to get the regular single stage, or a two stage version of the trigger? I have a two stage on my Tikka CTR and love it.... but this is for a .22LR bench rest use rifle...

For some reason the two stage is cheaper than the single stage?

Any suggestions? I'm going to use at a bench exclusively for bug hole groups.

Hey guys,

I've decided on a TriggerTech Diamond trigger for my new Vudoo build. But can't decided on whether to get the regular single stage, or a two stage version of the trigger? I have a two stage on my Tikka CTR and love it.... but this is for a .22LR bench rest use rifle...

For some reason the two stage is cheaper than the single stage?

2-stage also isn't cheaper than the single stage.

Reactions: Heffo

Attachments

• 57470865-0AD8-4068-81A1-B2850C3A07DF.jpeg
    57470865-0AD8-4068-81A1-B2850C3A07DF.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 71
I went with single stage Diamond Pro Curve in mine. I think it's more of a personal preference...get what you like.

I see the diamond, single and two stage listed a lot on here. Is everyone using these for bench rest? I ask because I have to pic one for my build and the special appears to go more than low enough for nrl/prs. I have both single and two stage triggers, not TT and I'm think I'm going with a two stage special since it can go to 8oz. I just don't see setting it lower than 8oz. I did see where the op stated for bench rest but I still see the diamonds mentioned a lot.

Last edited:
I see the diamond, single and two stage listed a lot on here. Is everyone using these for bench rest? I ask because I have to pic one for my build and the special appears to go more than low enough for nrl/prs. I have both single and two stage triggers, not TT and I'm think I'm going with a two stage special since it can go to 8oz. I just don't see setting it lower than 8oz. I did see where the op stated for bench rest but I still see the diamonds mentioned a lot.

I run TT special 2-stage, set at 8oz/4oz for both rimfire and centerfire nrl/prs rigs.

Hey guys,

I've decided on a TriggerTech Diamond trigger for my new Vudoo build. But can't decided on whether to get the regular single stage, or a two stage version of the trigger? I have a two stage on my Tikka CTR and love it.... but this is for a .22LR bench rest use rifle.

I have never understood the need or purpose of the two stage trigger! Have owned several guns with double set triggers. Winchester,Brownings High and low walls Shilo Sharps" Quigly Down Under" If you remember all had double set triggers. First stage pull set an extreamly light second stage . Double set I understand but these two stage triggers seem nothing more than a lot of slack to take up before you get to the actual trigger which must be adjusted for sear ingagement and pull weight as you would in a single stage trigger. I would really like to here from some shooters who use the two stage as to why they prefer them over a single stage.

I have never understood the need or purpose of the two stage trigger! Have owned several guns with double set triggers. Winchester,Brownings High and low walls Shilo Sharps" Quigly Down Under" If you remember all had double set triggers. First stage pull set an extreamly light second stage . Double set I understand but these two stage triggers seem nothing more than a lot of slack to take up before you get to the actual trigger which must be adjusted for sear ingagement and pull weight as you would in a single stage trigger. I would really like to here from some shooters who use the two stage as to why they prefer them over a single stage.

For benchrest, I don't think 2-stage triggers make sense.

For PRS/NRL, I personally run a 2-stage because it gives me a sense of staging the trigger before sending a round off. A really light single stage trigger sometimes I've triggered it on cold days when my fingers are a bit numb. A 2-stage that has say a 8oz/4oz setting gives me enough feeling for take-up to wall, and then it's only a 4-oz break on sending the round.

I like a 2-stage for the mentioned reasons, plus for hunting I’m far less likely to bump a light trigger wearing gloves and torch off a round if it’s 2-stg. TT actually has less take-up than my first 2-stg, the Howa HACT, and I was pretty bummed about it at first; used to the TTs now so it’s not a big deal.

Have never accidentally lit one off with gloves, but I like being able to run a lighter trigger and still not worry about it.

That’s just my reason for using them, other opinions may vary.

I would really like to here from some shooters who use the two stage as to why they prefer them over a single stage.
Because NRA Silhouette rules for Hunter classification require at least 2 lbs and must lift a 2 lb calibrated weight without activating. This is at national/state matches. Using a 2 stage trigger allows me to split difference of 1 lb per stage and still feel like a lighter trigger. Since I am used to them, I have almost all my bolt action triggers set at around 2 to 2.5 lbs now as it is also a good field trigger weight. The only lighter trigger I have is on a bench-rest rifle set at 8 oz.

Also, I've had a ND on a needlessly light trigger (rifle sights almost in target area, but not intended discharge) and don't wish to repeat that experience.

To be honest, since learning to pull the trigger straight back with a hooked finger and no side loading, almost any trigger under 3-4 lbs feel pretty much the same to me when I get against the wall. Guess I'm not much of a trigger connoisseur

These replies make perfectly good sence. Sometimes I have to remind myself there are more ways to shoot than off a bench! A gun needs to be set up for the dispipline you intend to shoot, especially the trigger.

Two stage triggers are extremely valuable in unstable positions, especially offhand. The shooter can take up the first stage and know exactly how much more pressure is needed to break the shot when the aim is right during the wobble. I also agree that for shooting from extremely stable positions (bench) they make little sense. And if all you've ever known was American hunter rifles, it's simply what you are used to. I started shooting with semi-high end euro airguns, and they all have two stage triggers.

I have never understood the need or purpose of the two stage trigger!
How I use Bix ‘n Andy Tacsport Pro two stage for shooting prairie dogs off a bench at 300-500 yds:

Breathe in…get PD on the right spot of the xmas tree…start exhaling…pull trigger to second stage wall………PD moves…rinse ‘n repeat!

For me a two stage is invaluable in timing my shots. I know exactly when I am going to shoot.

I have a lot of experience shooting with 2-stage triggers over quite a few years of shooting service rifles in NRA Hi Power with M1A & AR15s. As was mentioned, they're great for offhand, but are an advantage in even the rapids, and I prefer them in slow prone. However, I've never used a 2-stage on any of my PRS-style rifles, nor on any of my 22RF repeaters. However, I've always loved the Anschutz 5018 2-stage triggers on the 1611 & 2011 prone rifles I had. But for 22RF BR, it's awfully hard to beat the Flavio Fare that came on the V-22S action - need to buy one of the digital trigger pull gauges to see how light I've got it adjusted for, but since the max weight is 2oz, my guess is that it's around an ounce.

Most of the best fighting rifles in history have 2 stages. Most the the iconic bolt guns that predate what we shoot today have 2 stages. The best Long range AR's you can buy have 2 stage triggers.

Coincidence? Na.