• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22 Rebarrel

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, why aren't you racking your guns muzzle down??
Every gun I own that has a rubber butt plate gets stored muzzle down to prevent dog ears.
Simple answer is to avoid a DQ. Muzzle down AD will bounce the bullet in some unknown direction. Range rules are muzzle up or downrange at the three ranges I frequent.

I should have been clear..... #46 was complaining about crap falling into his action from his can between stages when he put his gun in the rack butt down.
First, every gun I own has some sort of crown protection. It may be field crown or recessed so I'm not crazy concerned about actually
contacting the crown itself. The foam on my barrels is from the plumbing area at Lowes as is the wavy cut wood. Second in storage
my guns are on carpet with padding under that. As a side note....Recently I watched some trap guys have leather/magnetic pillows
for their barrels to rest on. So if crap down my barrel was the problem and I wanted to run a can, I would simply invert the gun and
protect the muzzle. I know.... a leather barrel condom with a hole in the end for when you forget to remove it. LoL

All I shoot is bench style stuff and have not even seen action shooting so felt compelled to ask why that could not be done.
When I spoke with Vudoo, a barrel change was $500.00
Mine had a 22" Kukri but I would have liked it longer.
My personal feeling is that the can changes POI to some small but noticeable degree.
Imagine a dirty can that suddenly blows some of it's build-up out and changes it's mass. It isn't much but it changes things.
I shoot better with out it even though I have two of them and enjoy shooting suppressed. People say all you need is a 16" bbl.
Why does Anschutz like to use up to 27" bbls?
I have a POS $275.00 Zastava that has shot 1775 on the Bullet Pro 150 target similar to the one shown.
The one in hand was one from one of my Annie's. Although I shoot triggers as light as they will go, and often change springs
and lap them to a mirror finish, I don't believe that a lighter trigger is an absolute key to success. It's a small part of it.
I do believe that having consistent form is the bulk of it. I also think that if your ammo isn't lot tested by Lapua or Eley, your really
penalizing yourself.
My Vudoo shoots anywhere from .31" to .88" at 50 meters at Lapua, In a fixture, inside, in the shade, free from external
influence. Actually all of my guns but one do really well with that particular lot of Center X. Midas plus actually shot worse.
It needs goos ammo.

I like having a common target type so I can hear someone's score and understand clearly how well they are shooting. My B14R
that is stock except for my 11 ounce trigger work, shoots well enough but prior to my introduction to the Bullet Pro target It was
difficult to discern what each bullet was doing and what correction I needed to make. After seeing a B14R trigger here on SH, I was
able to lighten the pull and incorporate an adjustable sear engagement with a $5.00 spring plunger. That can be done
without getting inside of the sealed trigger unit.

My two better scopes are the Trijicon 5-50x56. with 1/8 MOA clicks. It's my belief that the quality scope is at least twice as
important as the gun.

All of my guns shoot well as long as I focus and follow through. The moment I get lazy, loose focus or allow some small change
to creep in, my shot is going to go wide. It's a very rare thing for me to think I had a flyer..... It's virtually always me.

Just some of my thoughts

Attachments

• 20211228_161708.jpg
    20211228_161708.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 38
  • bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 44
  • B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 7-21-21-A.jpg
    7-21-21-A.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 51
  • ANNIE 54.jpg
    ANNIE 54.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 44
  • ZASTAVA MP22.jpg
    ZASTAVA MP22.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211228_161801.jpg
    20211228_161801.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211228_161810.jpg
    20211228_161810.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: littlepod
Tiger,
Thank you for the succinct answer. A DQ would be worse than a DNF and my gut feeling tells me your spot on.

Yeah it's clean...it has 2 nrl matches on it and about 100 rds from lot testing. So 300-400 at most on it from the last good cleaning. I'm just frustrated with the inconsistency mostly. It's all over the board for me. I'm definitely considering a 18in too. Idk im thinking of not running my can anymore. I have a suspicion that it is my culprit for flyers and inconsistent groups but some of the best groups I've ever shot was with a pretty dirty can.
Get a Chronograph and use it, even the hi end ammo have ES & SD drift. Look for videos on 18 in vs 20 in barrels that shows what affects that FPS / ES is telling you. You are driving blind if you don't know what the FPS is. Sometimes you just run into some slow ammo. A clean barrel is key to success.