• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

W-3 Chassis: Rem 700 *Updated with Folder info*

Re: WHISKEY-3 Chassis for the Remington 700

LoneWolfUSMC,

What barreled action you dropping in it?

Just ordered one. Anyone know if they will work with timney triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jh1990</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered one. Anyone know if they will work with timney triggers? </div></div>

Mine just came in today. Looks like there's enough space, but I don't have a Timney trigger.

I think I'm going to dig this stock. Looks better in person than in the photos. IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryo, check your email. Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

Found it, wasn't the first person to the box. Doh. Thanks Justin.

Had a scheduling conflict and I had to delay. Work sucks sometimes.

I have the 700 AAC-SD bolted up. It went together pretty easy, but if you are using a regular hex driver bit you have to take the forend off to get to the forward screw. Not a big deal. Installation was still less than five minutes. I chucked five dummy rounds into an AICS mag and they fed flawlessly. The magazine locks in solid and drops free when empty.

Should have it out to the range this coming week for some video and pics.

Does the wide Timney trigger fit without modification?

Just thought to leave this here..

Note: Yes I know my scope is high, but still waiting for my SWFA SS scope and need to get new rings so this is all I had lying around.

IMG_8826.jpg

IMG_8816.jpg

BTW nice touch on giving O rings to keep the height settings of the cheek rest.

Justin: What would you recommend for a rail base to attach a bipod. I prefer to share my Bobro bipod between 2 of my rifles.. Currently I'm using the MOE rail I have lying around, but really don't want to use polymer for this application.

When I get all setup I'll give a review on it. So far I like it.

Any time frame the M2008 chassis will be expected/available?

Absolutely stunning. Maybe I will keep my Remington 700...

Mirynx, the timney has a post sticking out of it that needs to be cut off, but after that it will fit. Apparently this is a common mod to the trigger for other stocks.

Ryo,
Both us and accushot are working on a spigot mount that slides in the slot in the front like a TRG bipod, so you could use that if you don't like the MOE rails.

No time frame on the M2008 version, looks like after Thanksgiving.

Razor, thanks!

Justin

Massoud.
Do you have any photos of the left side of the butt stock and a top view? I would like to see how the cant works for the butt pad and the holes for the NV mounting solution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No time frame on the M2008 version, looks like after Thanksgiving.

Justin </div></div>

Sounds good, i dont get back until april anyways. It'd be a nice welcome home gift to myself!

I'll try to work on some pics, but you can see the NV mount holes in the pic by Ryo. There are two holes on either side of the forend. We're working on two different styles of mounts.

The buttpad cant is accomplished with alernate mounting holes for the buttpad where it mounts to the mounting plate. It's not a quick change type of feature.

Thanks,
Justin

Very nice. Looks like another winner from KRG.

Wow. For the price it looks like you get a lot. There are so many good choices out today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor_blade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely stunning. Maybe I will keep my Remington 700... </div></div>

My barreled action just got a new lease on life for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll try to work on some pics, but you can see the NV mount holes in the pic by Ryo. There are two holes on either side of the forend. We're working on two different styles of mounts.

The buttpad cant is accomplished with alernate mounting holes for the buttpad where it mounts to the mounting plate. It's not a quick change type of feature.

Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

Thanks for the explanation. No need for more photos, unless you want to post them.

Is this what your kind of photo you're looking for?

KRG_Cheek_Rest.jpg

I'm not quite sure how the canting would work based on Justin's info. Seems everything is pretty aligned and I can't imagine canting without something being bent or not tighten down.. Have to take a look at it again.

To cant you just take out the screws that hold the buttpad on (you can't see them, they're in the holes in the back of the buttpad), then put it back on with the shorter screws (included) in the alternate mounting position.

Weight is 4lb 14oz roughly depending on what rails and/or bag rider you have on there.

Long action version is in testing, possibly will be out by Christmas but really hard to say.

Thanks guys!
Justin

I will glue my 591 action on top if not grind it in there.

We've heard that the 591 will fit ok so no need to dust off the dremel tool, haha.

For the folder retrofit kit, figure that the price will be north of 400 but we're not sure how far yet. It's still a few weeks out.
Thanks,
Justin

Love the stock but was wondering if 1. Is the forend available in some sort of poly to cut down on weight? And 2. Are the grip panels available for smaller hands?
Thanks,
Tony

Tony, thanks! For now the forend is only available in aluminum. It might be surprising, but that forend is actually only a tiny bit heavier than the poly forend on the TRG. We have some ideas we're working with here though, but it's too early to discuss.
For the grips, we have a small version in testing, they'll be going into production before too long. Everything is modular so you can swap them into existing chassis when they do come out.
Thanks,
Justin

Justin:

This chassis looks amazing.

The HUGE pro's for me...

*Made by a great bunch of guys.
*Substantially Lighter than the heavy AICS (5 lbs 7oz-5 lbs 11oz)
*More high speed low drag than most chassis out there
*Has all the features you could possibly want in a chassis
*price point is almost shocking for what you are getting

Im definitely going to convert my AI, and Mcrees systems to this.

I love the Mcrees, unfortunately this has a couple features on it that I consider better.

Looking forward to my future purchases.

Thanks for doing a service to the long gun community by providing an extremely high quality, well engineered product at a great price point.

-Evan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All screws on the Whiskey-3 are metric socket head screws, meaning you need metric hex wrenches to tighten/loosen them.
Most are M5 or M6...</div></div>
Justin, please tell what is right torque moment to tight M5 and M6 screws?
So if loosen, I'd prefer to tight this with the correct moment for best results
smile.gif
Thanks!

Hello, does the chassis come with its own action screws or do you use your old ones?

Evan, Thanks! Hopefully you'll like that folder. We try to evolve the stock as we find better ways to do something or a new feature to incorporate.

Dallas, there's different torque values for each screw really. There's socket, button, and flat heads of each size M5 and M6. The main ones to consider are the action screws. We lube these and run them at about 40in-lbs but we recommend experimenting to see what your action likes.

agbm1911, yes it comes with all the mounting hardware you need which does include new action screws.

Thanks!
Justin

Justin i tried to buy your folder to convert my trg-22 to a folder and the price it shows is $9999.99 when you try to check out what do you think is going on

We're shipping TRG folders to those on the pre-order list. We send out a discount code when someone's turn is up that brings the price from 9,999 to 890. Thank you,
Justin

The folding version of the W3C has started to shipping to pre-order customers and will soon be available for purchase on the website!

I've updated the original post and added some more pictures to the original post. Thank you!
Justin

P.S. The TRG folder will be available in green and black in the color scheme on the website.

Is there a waiting list for the folding mechanism retrofit? If so I'd like to be on it.

Is there much weight difference between the folding stock vs fixed stock?

Re: W-3 Chassis: Rem 700 *Updated with Folder info*

Crap my stock feel apart.
smirk.gif
grin.gif

IMG_9555mod.jpg

Just another view of the stock. My scale said it was about 5 lbs.

Re: W-3 Chassis: Rem 700 *Updated with Folder info*

cam anyone comment on how quiet the folding stock is when it's manipulated (i.e. any clunks or clicks)? and once in position is it solid without any perceivable flex?