• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

W-3 Chassis: Rem 700 *Updated with Folder info*

Re: W-3 Chassis: Rem 700 *Updated with Folder info*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt2143</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cam anyone comment on how quiet the folding stock is when it's manipulated (i.e. any clunks or clicks)? and once in position is it solid without any perceivable flex? </div></div>
I can't say how quiet the folder will be but the way the mechanism is designed it will remain tight throughout it's service life. These guys won't put out anything sloppy- period.

Few have the folder right now, the bulk of them are shipping in a few days.

The lockup is similar to the spring loaded tapered plunger setup used on the AICS and others. With anything spring loaded there will be a click. Whether that click is quiet or loud is probably going to be subjective but I'd be a little surprised if someone said it was overly loud. But then again I wouldn't say any folder I've seen is loud.
Justin

If the dang "click" is "loud" people can hold it down and release it slowly if it's actually a big deal. I guess this falls into some of the velcro arguements on a spare magazine pouch.

Exactly the opinions and info I was looking for thanks guys! I will be using my Sako for some hunting and as long as I can manipulate the mechanism in such a way where it does not make a lot of racket. Thanks

Gents we have opened purchasing on Whiskey-3 Folders for both T3 and Rem 700! We have a free shipping holiday special as well!

We will be making a separate post for the TRG folders, but purchasing is open for them as well.

Thanks,
Justin

If your running a .900 or smaller barrel the new BT21 - Atlas TRG Bracket will fit the 700 chassis. The gap is a little tight at .030, but it should work just fine.

img4464p.jpg

Nice! That's a close fit but it seems to be a solid mount. Are you seeing any flex where the mount hits the barrel? Thanks,
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! That's a close fit but it seems to be a solid mount. Are you seeing any flex where the mount hits the barrel? Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

The mount does not flex at all when loading the bipod.

Re: WHISKEY-3 Chassis for the Remington 700

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The folding version of the W3C has started to shipping to pre-order customers and will soon be available for purchase on the website!

I've updated the original post and added some more pictures to the original post. Thank you!
Justin

P.S. The TRG folder will be available in green and black in the color scheme on the website. </div></div>

Is the Rem 700 chassis available with OD green skins, or just the TRG22?

Sorry just black for now for the Rem 700. We may try other anodize colors in the future but it's hard to say at this point. Thanks,

Justin

Anyone knows any discount coupon codes for the KRGs?
smile.gif

i think the coupon code feature of the check out is only used when items are backordered. They send an email with coupon code which changes the default total of 99,999.99 to the correct amount.

I know this might seem like a foolish question but <span style="color: #FF0000">does the stock include a magazine</span>? It's not disclosed anywhere..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aolson81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think the coupon code feature of the check out is only used when items are backordered. They send an email with coupon code which changes the default total of 99,999.99 to the correct amount.

I know this might seem like a foolish question but <span style="color: #FF0000">does the stock inclmagazinagazine</span>? It's not disclosed anywhere.. </div></div>

No, your just buying a stock.

Does anybody know if there is a wait on these products....I'd like to get a fixed asap

I ordered one on Monday 01/02/12. Shipped from Colorado to mid Wisconsin by Friday 01/06/12 at 9:30 am.

Justin, in a different thread, someone showed picture of painting the "skin" (not the stock) with guncoat "SAKO Green" (#123), which looks terrific. Any plan to offer this as a color option?

Jeff

Jeff,
There's been a couple guys do a TRG green painted Whiskey-3. Hellbender is the first one that comes to mind, he did a bunch of mods and it turned out very well.

However, right now we're not planning on offering that but if we get enough requests we'll definitely consider it. We may even try to actually mold the grip panels in that color (either TRG green or FDE most likely. However, you may like what we did to our SHOT display rifle better. We'll be posting a sneak peak this weekend or Monday.
Justin

It's in testing still, but going well. Ben Fortin and Jeremy Parker used it at the Mammoth sniper match to take 3rd. These will be limited in production for this run, so if you want one please email us to get on the pre-order list, info at krg-ops.com. We will make more later of course but we have no idea how long later is. Thanks,
Justin

Justin:

Finally got the time to fit up my W3C folder.

I was dropping an APA Genesis action into it. Someone might know for sure, but im pretty sure it is a defiance machine action with the same specs as the GAP Templar action.

Anyway the chassis required a few modifications but was more than worth the little bit of extra work.

The only thing this rifle is waiting on is one of our new muzzle brakes for our upcoming RSTA sound suppressor; hence the turned profile on the barrel. The muzzle brakes should be done and fitted in a couple weeks.

398430_10150493724171723_514491722_9226236_1024257977_n.jpg

398405_10150493724246723_514491722_9226237_866149029_n.jpg

421708_10150493724721723_514491722_9226240_1359034198_n.jpg

422431_10150493725036723_514491722_9226241_2018163859_n.jpg

Specs:

Broughton custom 18” barrel .308 caliber
APA Genesis action cut to allow use of AW magazines or AICS Mags
Action includes spiral flutted bolt, mini-16 extractor
APA 30-MOA base, screwed to the receiver with six 8-40 screws
APA Bolt knob
Hubar two stage trigger set at 2#
KG Gun-Koted graphite black
Chassis is a modified W3C rem 700 folder
Skins are duracoated Sako Green
Rings are american rifle company 34mm medium.
S&B PMII 5-25 MTC CCW P4F cope

Anyway Thanks for the sweet chassis. I absolutely love it in every way. I was shooting a 338lm Sako the other day and it feels like a miniature version of that.

Ergo's are absolutely perfect.

just waiting for them to come out for the badger action and I am grabbing one!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DJ480</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just waiting for them to come out for the badger action and I am grabbing one!! </div></div>

This

All I need is the funds, getting close!

Gen 3?

1hp3kk.jpg

At first I was happy to see flush cups incorporated into the forearm on the sides, but the big hole is 1/4" too shallow for QD sling mounts
frown.gif

Otherwise this stock is amazing. Its the only reason I still own a 700.

There will be a 700 LA fixed stock but it won't come until the Gen 3 stocks hit later this year.

Badger stocks are coming soon and we'll be working our way down the pre-order list.

OFIS, that hole is just a clearance hole for the QD sling plate that we have in the works. It's a steel plate that bolts on and your QD stuff will plug into it. That mod you show will be standard on the Gen 3 stocks and we were able to get it onto some of the Gen 2 stocks which you have. Also, we're glad to hear you like the stock!

Justin

That was my best guess but hadn't read any info on it or seen pictures of others like this.

Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag!

Mini review:
As I imagined the grip feels very much like a McMillan A4, only <span style="text-decoration: underline">without</span> waiting 6 months to receive it, tacking on $300 for bottom metal, bedding, and keeping tools handy to adjust fit (with enough force to stay put). Not to mention the bonus of upgrading to a folding stock down the road which would mean fitting a 25" bbl rifle in a pelican 1720 instead of 1750.

Really impressed with the fit and finish. The action went in like they were carved out of the same block. Laughed to myself noticing that most of the screws holding everything together are nearly as big if not the same size as the action screws. Really a sight to behold.

Updated pics with our RSTA muzzle brake

Very nice chassis... Money was no object for my build and I wanted the best chassis I could get.

Turned out the KRG not only was cost competitive with other high end chassis but also offered the best options, in my opinion.

link to gallery:
KRG W3 Folder Gallery

424821_10150857012714569_172008254568_12571337_40301221_n.jpg

420943_10150857013389569_1676092918_n.jpg

424086_10150857013824569_172008254568_12571352_1097720763_n.jpg

419190_10150857012374569_172008254568_12571333_1563635184_n.jpg

Massoud, does KRG ship to Canada? I want to get a bolt shroud and handle for my t3.

Nice pics

Wondering if these are currenlty in stock? Thinking of replacing my AICS for one. Sorry for the 20 questions but does anyone know the difference in lenght between the folder model and the fixed lenght model?

Any idea when Gen III will be coming out?

The fixed is about 29.2" long while the folder is 19.7" folded.

We have folding Rem 700 chassis in stock now.

The Gen III's will be some time yet as we have still have some Rem 700's in stock as mentioned above.

Thanks,
Justin

Just curious.. I'm just wondering how everyone who owns the W3C attach their slings?

Will gen 2 be upgradable?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fixed is about 29.2" long while the folder is 19.7" folded.

We have folding Rem 700 chassis in stock now.

The Gen III's will be some time yet as we have still have some Rem 700's in stock as mentioned above.

Thanks,
Justin </div></div>

Last question before I send my order your way:
Once order is placed what is the expected delivery time? Looking for to replace a AICS for a Remington 700 short action with a Timney trigger? I am looking for a fixed not the folder. I noticed that on the rear there is a place for a QD on a sling but how about on the front? What options do I have to attach a QD to the front?

Gen 2's are upgradeable from fixed to folding. Gen 3's will not be upgradeable. We do have the upgrade kits for the Gen 2's in stock right now.

We are hoping to have more fixed stocks (both T3 and 700SA) within 2 months, there is a back order list going to which we can add you if you send an email to info at krg-ops.com

Sling mount options:
Bottom-
1. It comes with one sling stud on the forend and you can add another to one of the threaded holes on the bottom of the buttstock

2. You could attach two external QD cups (front and rear) to the various mounting positions

Side-
1. For a QD option you can purchase the external QD cup from us and it attaches via a bolt that runs through the width of the forend in one of the NV mount holes. The rear QD mount is built in, or an external QD cup could be mounted in an alternate position as there are a couple threaded holes on the side.

2. Later Rem 700 Gen 2 stocks came with a mod to the sides of the forend that can be seen in a pic posted by OFIS earlier in this thread. This mod allows attachment of either a MOE L2 rail or a flush mount QD sling plate which we don't have out just yet. We have been doing this mod for the cost of return shipping, we posted an announcement here on the hide about it awhile back. We do them in batches and the next batch will be mid July. All 700 stocks ship with these now, and the next T3 stocks we have done will have this mod as well.

3. Sling studs can be mounted front rear and either side. The front stud will need to be 10-32 with a 2 1/4" screw length, with a nut on the back side. The rear will need to be 10-32 and 3/4" length with a nut on the back side for safe keeping.

Hope that helps guys, keep the questions coming!
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
424821_10150857012714569_172008254568_12571337_40301221_n.jpg

420943_10150857013389569_1676092918_n.jpg

424086_10150857013824569_172008254568_12571352_1097720763_n.jpg

419190_10150857012374569_172008254568_12571333_1563635184_n.jpg
</div></div>
Dang I want one of those! You guys going to make one for the Howa action now that they have released a tactical heavy barrel fluted rifle?

Is there a list anywhere of what the changes will be going from the Gen 2 chassis to the Gen 3 chassis?

I have a beautiful rifle APA built for me that's in an ultralight carbon fiber stock designed for offhand shooting with a fixed internal magazine (for weight reasons). I'm planning to buy a chassis for it so I can swap back and forth between the lightweight offhand stock and a heavier stock designed more for prone shooting with a detachable magazine. I've been trying to decide between all the options that are out there, and I'm leaning towards the Whiskey-3 - but now I have to decide whether to buy one now or wait for the Gen 3!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .....
We are hoping to have more fixed stocks (both T3 and 700SA) within 2 months, there is a back order list going to which we can add you if you send an email to info at krg-ops.com
</div></div>

Damn! I just noticed this post after I put in a order for a r700 SA. Are these not in stock? I didn't notice any out of stock notification's on the site... Please advise.

Mahalo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .....
</div></div>

Damn! I just noticed this post after I put in a order for a r700 SA. Are these not in stock? I didn't notice any out of stock notification's on the site... Please advise.

Mahalo </div></div>

Jut got an email saying its out of stock til July:(

Ranger, we tried the Howa but the geometry just won't work unfortunately.

RE a list of changes, there is no list yet as the Gen III's are still a ways out. It's mostly slight changes, the major changes are the Gen 3's will be able to switch grip panels easily and also the fixed stocks will not be upgradeable to folding stocks.

Cox380, sorry to get your hopes up. They're worth the wait though!
Justin

(Damn I hate spam.)

Any case as for the sling mounting scheme, I probably want it mounted to the side of my Gen 2 ((talking about a W3C made back in Oct '12))

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sling mount options:

Side-
1. For a QD option you can purchase the external QD cup from us and it attaches via a bolt that runs through the width of the forend in one of the NV mount holes. </div></div>

I'm trying to figure out the external QD cup your talking about. Is it a custom build to uses the 2 holes on the side of the handguard?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2. Later Rem 700 Gen 2 stocks came with a mod to the sides of the forend that can be seen in a pic posted by OFIS earlier in this thread. This mod allows attachment of either a MOE L2 rail or a flush mount QD sling plate which we don't have out just yet. We have been doing this mod for the cost of return shipping, we posted an announcement here on the hide about it awhile back. We do them in batches and the next batch will be mid July. All 700 stocks ship with these now, and the next T3 stocks we have done will have this mod as well.
</div></div>

For the upgrade, do we just send in the handguard which unbolts, or do we have to send in the whole chassis? Will the milled section be recoated or be bare metal?

Ryo,
It's just the external QD cup we have on the website, it's the same as the Magpul QD cup, and it does use one of those two holes on the front end. The QD cup comes with a long screw that goes all the way through.

For the mod, we just need the forend. The milled section will be bare, we have found that re-anodizing a part often does not turn out well. As I recall you have a milling machine, so we can just tell you how to do the mod if you want. It's fairly simple.

I noticed that on the rear there is a place for a QD on a sling but how about on the front?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alice</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I noticed that on the rear there is a place for a QD on a sling but how about on the front?</div></div>
It currently doesn't, which is why I am asking options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryo,
It's just the external QD cup we have on the website, it's the same as the Magpul QD cup, and it does use one of those two holes on the front end. The QD cup comes with a long screw that goes all the way through.

For the mod, we just need the forend. The milled section will be bare, we have found that re-anodizing a part often does not turn out well. As I recall you have a milling machine, so we can just tell you how to do the mod if you want. It's fairly simple. </div></div>

Yes that would work as well if I get the dimensions, depth, etc. You remember correctly, I have access to a Bridgeport mill.