• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes W.O. Tac Scopes

Longguns

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Chattanooga,TN
Does anyone have any experience with wonder optics tactical scopes. I was looking at them and wondered about quality? If you like them let me know, if not let me know why. Recommendations would be graatly appreciated on a tactical scope also.

Thanks

Re: W.O. Tac Scopes

you might also want to check the forums on Sniper Central they have alot of WoTac users over there.

FYI - I ordered up a WOTac 4-14 last week and i recieved a call from Matt @ Wonder Optics stating that the Gen 3 scopes are out of stock and the Gen 4 scopes are not shipping yet. should be shipped in 4-6 weeks according to Matt.

Holy crap, that's four generations inside of like a year and a half. I'm impressed
wink.gif

I have a Gen2 Wotac on my howa and am quite happy with it, It or falcon would be my recommendation for a low cost scope. Matt's customer service is awesome, he paid $42 to express mail mine at no cost to me so I didn't miss a chance to go shooting.

According to Matt the Gen 4 scopes are supposed to be a big step up in quality over the Gen 3. I have no reason to doubt him. Lets hope it will be a bad a$$ low cost scope. Gen 4 scopes are about $30 more than the Gen 3 IIRC.

Keep in mind that the same single scope's problems can be reported on multiple boards and then get repeated so frequently to give a misleading impression of frequency of defects.

I have an informed reason to believe (firsthand report from someone on the "inside") that all returns for any reason, ranging from a legitimate beef to just not liking how the knobs click or don't click (though they all reportedly track back to zero flawlessly), are on the order of 1% or less.

I don't think your IPods or cell phones have a return rate that small.

Matt Wonders' excellent customer service just isn't needed that frequently. I don't think you would be disappointed comparing any of the WoTac scopes with other units costing twice as much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that the same single scope's problems can be reported on multiple boards and then get repeated so frequently to give a misleading impression of frequency of defects.

I have an informed reason to believe (firsthand report from someone on the "inside") that all returns for any reason, ranging from a legitimate beef to just not liking how the knobs click or don't click (though they all reportedly track back to zero flawlessly), are on the order of 1% or less.

I don't think your IPods or cell phones have a return rate that small.

Matt Wonders' excellent customer service just isn't needed that frequently. I don't think you would be disappointed comparing any of the WoTac scopes with other units costing twice as much. </div></div>

+1

knockemdown,

Is it possible the turrets are IPHY and not true MOA? If so could the Retical be recalculated at a differnt power setting to match?

Ive givent this scope a lot of thought but these questions popped up and I had to ask.

Howdy.

Not based on my data, Howdy. If it were, the groups would only be off by .094" @ 50yds. The disparity I encountered can't be attributed to IPHY turrets. Not to mention the horizontal issue on the lower groups of the box...

Still waiting for the latest Generation to arrive from Mr Wonders. I'll shake that one out too...

I was out in Wyo shooting p-dogs with a buddy. He had a WOTAC on his .221 Fireball and he found it to be tracking true, based on the 300rounds shot with it. When I shot through it, I just used the reticle on ranging power to hold over. For that, it worked nicely...

Mr. Wonders sent me an email awhile back about replacing this one with the newest generation. Essentially yes, this one is going back...