• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors WA silencer bill (5112) vote may be close.

Re: Call!! Email!!! Get off your butt and DO IT!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just spoke with Senator Brown's aide. She says that Senator Brown "totally gets it" when it comse to legal suppressor use, due to a situation in her home district, and she is all for passing 5112. Probably not a bad idea to call in and voice support. Her office number is (360)768-7604.
I've called Senator Eide's office several times and left voice mail each time, her number is (360) 786-7658. No idea where she stands on the bill as I've not heard back.
Also, the bills on the calendar that are highlited in yellow are the ones that passed yesterday, March 2. I don't know how often they update it, but I'll keep checking. That's the nice thing about being on vacation in Hawaii this week.
grin.gif

1911fan

PS: We will need to write Gregoire and urge her to sign it into law also. Get those calls and letters going! </div></div>
Will do, maybe thats Klines angle, he knows she wont, so we need to pressure her hard!

I just talked to Shoesler's aide, the bill did not get pulled, we are dead in the water. Anybody know any different?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outerspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just talked to Shoesler's aide, the bill did not get pulled, we are dead in the water. Anybody know any different? </div></div>

It was pulled out of the Rules Committee last night, so I'm not sure what he/she was talking about, honestly. Maybe that it wasn't placed on today's consideration sheets? It's definitely on the floor calendar, so it <span style="font-style: italic">should</span> come up for a vote within the next few days.

Hold your breath nail-biting time

Just spoke to Senator Hatfield's aide, and she said the bill may get voted on this evening. I asked her if there were people we could call and email, and she said not yet. Seemed to think it will get passed, hooray! She asked if I was watching the Senate on TV as that is the fastest way to see if it gets voted on and passed at this point.
I'm still in Hawaii
cool.gif
so no, not watching it. But they're in session until 8 PM. Somebody watch/post?

1911fan

Re: Hold your breath nail-biting time

Yessir, I'm on it
smile.gif

And actually, the online status of the bill is updated within 5 seconds of passage, so you can just keep refreshing that, too.

UPDATE: Nothing today. Will keep an eye on things tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No update yet, maybe Today?

CJG </div></div>
Scheduled for the 9th isnt it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scheduled for the 9th isnt it? </div></div>

That's the public hearing of HB 1016 in the Senate judiciary committee. There's still a chance that SB 5112 will come to a vote on the Senate floor before then.

At this point, we need to be calling the members of the Judiciary Committee. If HB1016 is out of committee (scheduled for hearing on March 9) it makes 5112 that much stronger.

Call these people:

Kline, Adam (D) Chair JAC 223 (360) 786-7688
Harper, Nick (D) Vice Chair JAC 226 (360) 786-7674
Pflug, Cheryl (R) * LEG 415 (360) 786-7608
Baxter, Jeff (R) LEG 417 (360) 786-7606
Carrell, Mike (R) INB 102 (360) 786-7654
Hargrove, James (D) LEG 411 (360) 786-7646
Kohl-Welles, Jeanne (D) JAC 219 (360) 786-7670
Regala, Debbie (D) JAC 233 (360) 786-7652
Roach, Pam (R) INB 112 (360) 786-7660
*Ranking Minority Member

and tell them you support HB1016.

1911fan

Re: WA silencer bill (5112) vote may be close.

HB 1016
Firearm noise suppressors
House vote on Final Passage
2/7/2011

<span style="color: #CC0000">Yeas: 88 Nays: 4 Absent: 0 Excused: 6</span>

<span style="color: #33CC00">Voting Yea: Representatives Ahern, Alexander, Angel, Armstrong, Asay, Bailey, Billig, Blake, Buys, Carlyle, Chandler, Clibborn, Cody, Condotta, Crouse, Dahlquist, Dammeier, DeBolt, Dickerson, Dunshee, Fagan, Finn, Fitzgibbon, Frockt, Goodman, Green, Haigh, Haler, Hargrove, Harris, Hasegawa, Hinkle, Hope, Hunt, Hurst, Jacks, Jinkins, Johnson, Kagi, Kelley, Kenney, Kirby, Klippert, Kretz, Kristiansen, Ladenburg, Liias, Lytton, Maxwell, McCoy, McCune, Miloscia, Moeller, Morris, Moscoso, Nealey, Orcutt, Ormsby, Orwall, Overstreet, Parker, Pearson, Pedersen, Pettigrew, Probst, Reykdal, Rivers, Roberts, Rolfes, Ross, Ryu, Santos, Seaquist, Sells, Shea, Schmick, Short, Stanford, Sullivan, Takko, Taylor, Tharinger, Van De Wege, Walsh, Warnick, Wilcox, Zeiger, and Mr. Speaker </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Voting
Nay: Representatives Darneille, Hudgins, Hunter, and Springer</span>

Absent:

Excused: Representatives Anderson, Appleton, Eddy, Rodne, Smith, and Upthegrove

Does this mean its done? Or do we still have to get the senate bill through?

CJG

Support HB 1016 in the Senate!

SB 5112 is dead since March 7th was the cutoff for hearing bills in their chamber of origin. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing; HB 1016 is alive and well. The fact that it's one of the very first House bills through the Senate is a great sign.

On HB 1016, Senator Hatfield said, <span style="font-weight: bold">"We’ve got a lot of folks who want to pull it, thankfully! I believe the House bill (Blake’s, HB 1016) will be the bill that ultimately passes the Legislature."</span>

It's not time to relax yet, so if you are able to come to the Senate Judiciary Committee public hearing tomorrow (March 9th at 1:30 PM) to show your support, please do! I'm taking the day off to be there, and we can use all the support we can muster.

If you can't make it tomorrow and things go well, be ready to call the members of Rules after executive action from Judiciary.

For reference, the next steps for HB 1016 are:

1) Judiciary Committee meeting tomorrow, March 9th, 1:30 PM
2) Judiciary Committee executive action
3) Bill is passed to Rules Committee
<span style="font-weight: bold">4) We pester the Rules Committee to pull it to the Senate floor</span>
5) The bill is placed on second reading
6) The bill is placed on the consideration calendar for a final vote
7) The bill goes to the governor
8) She either signs it or not. She doesn't have to actually sign for it to pass.
9) The law takes affect in late July, 2011

Re: Support HB 1016 in the Senate!

I called all the Judiciary Committee members and left messages, including a request for an email with the Senator's position. I'm at work but will try to update as I receive emails. We need to hammer the Nays with pro-suppressor contacts.
Be polite and courteous, say Thank You to whoever you talk to. Leave a positive impression.

1911fan

Re: Support HB 1016 in the Senate!

Most likely due to the heavy support HB 1016 received today in the Senate Judiciary Committee, executive action was bumped up by two days and it passed out of committee with a unanimous "do pass" recommendation. FWIW, Senator Kline was quite happy to expedite its passage, so I don't think there's anything to worry about from that perspective.

Now on to the Rules Committee.

Let's keep our momentum up!!!!!

So, if I understand where we are, we need to call the Rules Committee now. Let's keep the pressure on!
Here are the people to call:

Owen, Brad (D) Chair LEG 220 (360) 786-7700
Prentice, Margarita (D) Vice Chair LEG 312 (360) 786-7616
Hewitt, Mike (R) * LEG 314 (360) 786-7630
Brown, Lisa (D) LEG 307 (360) 786-7604
Carrell, Mike (R) INB 102 (360) 786-7654
Eide, Tracey (D) LEG 305 (360) 786-7658
Fraser, Karen (D) LEG 404 (360) 786-7642
Harper, Nick (D) JAC 226 (360) 786-7674
Haugen, Mary Margaret (D) JAC 305 (360) 786-7618
Keiser, Karen (D) JAC 224 (360) 786-7664
King, Curtis (R) INB 205 (360) 786-7626
Kline, Adam (D) JAC 223 (360) 786-7688
Kohl-Welles, Jeanne (D) JAC 219 (360) 786-7670
McAuliffe, Rosemary (D) LEG 403 (360) 786-7600
Parlette, Linda Evans (R) LEG 316 (360) 786-7622
Pflug, Cheryl (R) LEG 415 (360) 786-7608
Rockefeller, Phil (D) JAC 218 (360) 786-7644
Schoesler, Mark (R) INB 110 (360) 786-7620
Stevens, Val (R) INB 105 (360) 786-7676
White, Scott (D) LEG 402 (360) 786-7690
Zarelli, Joseph (R) INB 204 (360) 786-7634
*Ranking Minority Member

1911fan

Re: Let's keep our momentum up!!!!!

Write (letters and e-mail) and call the Rules committee members as often as you can.
smile.gif
. Democrats first as they are the ones deciding what bills get attention. When you call or write, it is important to ask them that they "pull bill 1016 from the calendar". They (or their aide) may tell you to contact your own Senator or one of the four sponsors. Tell them you already have and you want to know if they will pull the bill. It is not enough that they “support” the bill or are “concerned” about it. They got to pull it from the calendar so it does not die again.

The silencer bill is getting much less attention than most other bills on the calendar in the Rules committee simply because few gun owners are bothering to call. There is no substitute for actually writing a letter or making a phone call. It is a very simple thing to do, so the Senators know if they are not getting many calls about a bill, then few people actually give a damn about it. It is that simple. That is why the silencer use bill has died year after year. It will die again unless we give a f-ck this time.

Ranb

Called about half of them yesterday morning, gonna call the other half this morning.
C'mon guys, push! This is the closest we've ever been, and the bill has support from both sides. If we can't get it this time, it may be a long time before we can rally this much support.

1911fan

I just called 'em all and left messages. They've all got voice mail so you can call anytime.
I'm going to follow the calls with emails.

1911fan

Well, 5112 didn't make it out of the Rules Committee. We need to start calling to 1016. See my post on Rules Committee members, above, and start dialing!

1911fan

Just bumping this to get more attention. When you call, it probably won't hurt to mention that HB1016 passed the House with an 88-4 majority.
But make the call! We need to get it out of the Rules Committee or it's dead, again, this year. We've never had this much support, this is as close as it's ever gotten, so LET'S PUSH!!!!!

1911fan

What does, "Mar 16 Senate Rules "X" file" mean? That is the latest on teh status of this bill.

Come on WA, get this passed this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does, "Mar 16 Senate Rules "X" file" mean? That is the latest on teh status of this bill.</div></div>

That's just the status of the senate version of the bill. That status is assigned to bills that have expired past the cutoff date. It just didn't make sense to have two versions of the same bill in opposite houses at the same time, I suppose.

The house version (HB 1016), however, is alive and well in the senate and just passed the senate rules committee. It's scheduled for a reading on the floor, so if it passes (and it will if voted upon), it goes to the governor.

Re: HB 1016 passed Rules Committee!

Thanks 1911 and Kaelyrin for putting in the time on this and keeping the rest of us [ who really havent educated ourseleves as much as we should on this ]in the loop, and pointing us in the right diection. keep up the good work

Good luck guys!!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kaelyrin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Senate Rules met today and placed HB 1016 bill on second reading:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1016&year=2011

Good work everyone! Now to get it to the consideration calendar for a final vote. We're almost there.</div></div>

How do we get it to the consideration calendar?? More phone calls?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do we get it to the consideration calendar?? More phone calls?</div></div>

So I'm not actually 100% sure on this one, to be honest. I know Senator Tracey Eide is the majority floor leader and Senator Lisa Brown is the majority leader. As such, Senator Eide obviously plays a big role in setting up the daily consideration calendars, so it couldn't hurt to ping her (especially if you're in her district). Other than that, we can lean on our local senators who can and will voice their support in caucus.

Anyone else have more info on the process at this point?

Any update on where we stand? I have been really busy with work the past couple weeks and kind of last track.

CJG

Not really. The bill has come as far as it can before the final vote, so all we can really do at this point is contact our senators and let them know we support HB 1016. From what I have heard, pretty much everyone is on board (including many Democrats), so it's mostly a waiting game right now.

The Senate just started voting on bills on the floor yesterday (Wednesday), so it might come any day now. The next session is Friday at 10:00.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the cutoff date is April 12th, so we have plenty of time. The Senate floor has been pretty dead lately since most of the senators' time has been in committee the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for keeping us updated guys, wish I was home to help, at least I might be home to celebrate!(fingers crossed) Let us know as soon as something changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poundcake8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for keeping us updated guys, wish I was home to help, at least I might be home to celebrate!(fingers crossed) Let us know as soon as something changes. </div></div>

Yes thank you!, I have called and emailed (even Kline), so as you said, its a waiting game now!
Figured out Klines angle, dirt bikes make noise while hes out hiking, so give them plates to go elsewhere, silence guns, and he wont hear those either while out hiking.

This is second-hand information from the Northwest Firearms forum, but...

According to Senator Brown's aide, they spoke about 1016 in caucus today (Monday) and are planning on moving it to a final vote this week, if not tomorrow. Huzzah!

We can't get complacent until it's 100% done, but it's good news, for sure
smile.gif

Man oh Man, LET IT GO BABY! I set up a trust and already have my paperwork off to the Batfe for a 762sd in anticipation to this going.

So do you guys think this will cause a "rush" in can sales?
If so will that creat longer wait times for the approval process?

I currently have a couple on order, but don't expect back on a form 3 for quite some time yet.

PASSED 47-0! Congratulations, everyone!

Now on to the governor. She has 10 days to veto, but that is VERY unlikely.

Wooo! Good news! I ordered a bunch of cans and I was worried they might go to waste!
Keep us posted!

FNA hopefully I won't be breaking the law anymore. Well 10days from now anyways.

Never thought this would actually happen. It's honestly more exciting to me than Heller was because it actually affects me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FNA hopefully I won't be breaking the law anymore. Well 10days from now anyways. </div></div>

The law goes into affect on July 23rd (90 days after the end of the legislative session). Be careful until then
smile.gif

F'ing sweet! it's going into effect about the same time my tax stamps will show up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranb for President 2012 !! </div></div>

You're making me blush!!
smile.gif

Seriously though, we are not through. Back in 1994 when the feds were working on their AWB, WA was doing their own, but it included a SBS/SBR ban also. The assault weapons ban was removed, but the SBS/SBR ban stayed in.

We have proven that we can get a pro-gun bill passed; we need to keep working until we are on the short list of states that do not make it a crime for an other-wise law abiding person to own a gun.

Ranb