• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wait times

baue

Minuteman
Jun 22, 2014
Colorado Springs
Was just checking out NFAtracker.com after I called the ATF for the status of my SBR and noticed the trend graph. Recent wait times have been trending way down with some e-filed forms as short as 2 days and some paper forms under 2 months. Is this a real trend that y'all have actually noticed or just a weird coincidence? If wait times are that short I may need to jump on a suppressor quicker than I thought! Thanks.

Heres the graph I was checking out: NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website

My form 4 took 7 months.

My buddy's form 1 took 3 1/2 weeks.

They're definitely speeding it up.

That's awesome. It would definitely be a hell of an incentive to spend more money if times are within a couple months at least!

I guess I am on the backside of the curve. 3rd can, check cashed 12/9, approved 8/24. Still havent heard from dealer or received paperwork.

Any idea on how long it takes ATF to mail the stamp to dealer?!?

I guess I am on the backside of the curve. 3rd can, check cashed 12/9, approved 8/24. Still havent heard from dealer or received paperwork.

Any idea on how long it takes ATF to mail the stamp to dealer?!?

Approved 8/21 and dealer received stamp on 9/5.

I had one approved last month that took 8 1/2 months and one the month before that took 12. Filed as individual.

It seems from that trend graph anyway that more recent submissions are actually getting processed more quickly than ones that were filed months ago. Doesn't make much sense right now...

EDIT: Upon checking around the interwebz I'm seeing that other people are also talking about having form 1's they filed in June come in before ones they had filed in December. I suspect the ATF is simultaneously approving current and backlogged stamps.

Last edited:
Excuse me- I have been out of the game for a season or two. Back in the day..after your first couple of transfers were completed, you were on the fast track. I even had form 4 transfers in seven days...

Am I correct in understanding that even though I have had transfers approved in the past....it might be close to a year now? WOW...

Just went into problem status with mine which went pending in March. (24th) for apparently illegible caliber and length of can... FML... How long will it take from correction to stamp?

Check this out.

2 friends that Ill call lucky and unlucky purchased AAC 762sdn6 suppressors at the same time. Both individual paper applications. Submitted paperwork at the same time and both went pending on March 19. Lucky's came back in early July for an error on the fingerprint cards (forgot to sign them). After about 2 weeks lucky gets time to go to the dealer and fix the problem and paperwork was mailed back. Lucky's paperwork came back to the dealer at the end of August approved. Thats a little over 5 months.

Now, Unlucky calls the NFA branch to check the status of his. Examiner says it will be December and paperforms are currently taking about 9 months. I dont know how true that is, because I know of several folks that have been getting them back here recently around the 6 month time frame.

So, the question is. Did the fingerprint card error actually speed up the process????