• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wal-mart marking ammo

SIGTWO

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2009
Blue Ridge Parkway NC/Raleigh nc
I was informed by a Wal-mart manager here in NC that Wal-mart is going to start marking there ammo with there store name/price to prevent secondary market sales. He was unclear on the procedure the company was going to use. But he did advise that it would be non removeable. Just thought I would pass this along.Did not know if anyone had encounter this yet.

Re: Wal-mart marking ammo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIGTWO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was informed by a Wal-mart manager here in NC that Wal-mart is going to start marking there ammo with there store name to prevent secondary market sales. He was unclear on the procedure the company was going to use. But he did advise that it would be non removeable. Just thought I would pass this along.Did not know if anyone had encounter this yet. </div></div>

Haven't seen it, but ammo is ammo and marking "not for resale" isn't going to stop anybody even other businesses. If I had a gun shop and could buy ammo for cheap at walmart and then sale it at my shop for a few bucks more then guess what...

Marking ammo boxes with Walmart will only give the Anti's someone to sue if that box of ammo ends up in a bad guys cache. Even if there is absolutely no legal liability, the media will rip into it like crazy.

The local Walmart's ammo prices is a few bucks more than Sportsmans anyway. I dont see the logic in marking the boxes.

Sounds like it might be preparatory to some sort of legislation against reselling in a secondary market.

I have seen in a few local stores where they have bought ammo at walmart and than put it on there shelves at 2x the price in some cases.. I know this to be fact because I am friends with some of the sales people in these stores.

its what ever if your dumb enough to pay twice the price for a bulk pack of ammo than its on you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen in a few local stores where they have bought ammo at walmart and than put it on there shelves at 2x the price in some cases.. I know this to be fact because I am friends with some of the sales people in these stores.

its what ever if your dumb enough to pay twice the price for a bulk pack of ammo than its on you </div></div>

In ca its IMPOSSIBLE to get ammo. LGS's are sending employees to walmart to buy ammo JUST to stock in ther shop and sell for 2x to 5x the price they get for at wallmart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen in a few local stores where they have bought ammo at walmart and than put it on there shelves at 2x the price in some cases.. I know this to be fact because I am friends with some of the sales people in these stores.

its what ever if your dumb enough to pay twice the price for a bulk pack of ammo than its on you </div></div>

I agree and like I said above, I think they're just trying to protect their market because let's face it, Walmart is so big that they usually get preferential treatment by manufactures of all types, not just ammo.

so just put it in another box.

fuck walmart!

Point in fact. Local pawn shop here sent employees to wal mart to buy up all the bulk Lake city cans. Clearly marked "not for individual resale" They are now selling lose rounds in clear plastic bags of 20 ea. for $30 a piece. When i asked the manager about it he said he is not making anymore money off of it cause thats how he is buying it. I informed him that i new he was lying and reported him to the atf. They have done nothing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point in fact. Local pawn shop here sent employees to wal mart to buy up all the bulk Lake city cans. Clearly marked "not for individual resale" They are now selling lose rounds in clear plastic bags of 20 ea. for $30 a piece. When i asked the manager about it he said he is not making anymore money off of it cause thats how he is buying it. I informed him that i new he was lying and reported him to the atf. They have done nothing...</div></div>

Please drink bleach. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cypriss32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen in a few local stores where they have bought ammo at walmart and than put it on there shelves at 2x the price in some cases.. I know this to be fact because I am friends with some of the sales people in these stores.

In ca its IMPOSSIBLE to get ammo. LGS's are sending employees to walmart to buy ammo JUST to stock in ther shop and sell for 2x to 5x the price they get for at wallmart. </div></div>

Pirates know no borders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point in fact. Local pawn shop here sent employees to wal mart to buy up all the bulk Lake city cans. Clearly marked "not for individual resale" They are now selling lose rounds in clear plastic bags of 20 ea. for $30 a piece. When i asked the manager about it he said he is not making anymore money off of it cause thats how he is buying it. I informed him that i new he was lying and reported him to the atf. They have done nothing... </div></div>

Really dude? You reported him to the ATF? That's some funny shit right there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThrottleJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point in fact. Local pawn shop here sent employees to wal mart to buy up all the bulk Lake city cans. Clearly marked "not for individual resale" They are now selling lose rounds in clear plastic bags of 20 ea. for $30 a piece. When i asked the manager about it he said he is not making anymore money off of it cause thats how he is buying it. I informed him that i new he was lying and reported him to the atf. They have done nothing...</div></div>

Please drink bleach. Thank you. </div></div>

C'mon now. Donn't make fun of him until he's at least had time to dig a fair-sized hole. This coulda been epic

I doubt that Walmart is going to start marking ammo as "Walmart brand" or "not for resale", or any other such nonsense. Even if they do, it can still be resold. So, who cares?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like it might be preparatory to some sort of legislation against reselling in a secondary market. </div></div>

Veer is spot on.....watch the legislation closely. This is a full-court press. (EPA,AWB,STATE,COUNTY,IRS and now STATE COMPTROLLER).....they are working on shutdown its just making sure that all bases are covered.

Marking boxes - Screw you walmart! The due that buys it from me and sees $50 on a $10bx..not an issue. I have it - He wants it....ink on box lid wont prevent him buying it. Unless its supposed to make me appear as a gouger..and I think most people know how I feel about that label.

There is a local gun shop here in town that does that. Walmart would get an order of ammo, his "guy on the inside" gives him a call, he buys it all up, then sells it with a 65% mark up. In a small-ish, slightly isolated town, you either take a drive to the city, order online or get it from him. He really only does this with the .223 and .308, but he has that market cornered here.

It's all a marketing ploy, they only want to appeal to the masses, in Idaho they don't say or do anything about change cause we all like guns. They just cater to the area to sell and pat the local people on the butt. Money Money Money. If they think that guns are the problem they should stop selling anything to do with them and get rid of their security, that will fix the problem just like our nation. See how long that would last. There is only one solution and its simple. Protect our children against evil. Anyone with a butter knife and attitude can cause destruction Someone has to take it away from that person and if we all just try to get along and play nice than the guy with the nuke and an attitude rules the world. We didn't ground planes when they where used as weapons we stepped up security and so that what we need to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point in fact. Local pawn shop here sent employees to wal mart to buy up all the bulk Lake city cans. Clearly marked "not for individual resale" They are now selling lose rounds in clear plastic bags of 20 ea. for $30 a piece. When i asked the manager about it he said he is not making anymore money off of it cause thats how he is buying it. I informed him that i new he was lying and reported him to the atf. They have done nothing... </div></div>

Cans of Lake City in Walmart? Uh huh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point in fact. Local pawn shop here sent employees to wal mart to buy up all the bulk Lake city cans. Clearly marked "not for individual resale" They are now selling lose rounds in clear plastic bags of 20 ea. for $30 a piece. When i asked the manager about it he said he is not making anymore money off of it cause thats how he is buying it. I informed him that i new he was lying and reported him to the atf. They have done nothing... </div></div>

Cans of Lake City in Walmart? Uh huh.

</div></div>

I related this guy's post to my wife this morning, and my 10 year old daughter overheard and says, "If they bought it, it's their's, right? Why can't they sell it for whatever they want?" Makes a Dad proud
grin.gif

They already instituted their three box max rule in an effort to stop it.Wouldn't surprise me if they start putting smiley face stickers on the boxes with some heavy glue just to be dicks.
What difference does it make where it came from when no one can get it? Had the same thing around here with people from gunshops going to wal mart and buying ammo to stock.

Much of walmarts customers resell their products. I for example own a restaurant and from time to time run out of something and need to go to walmart for certain items. I know of several small business' that buy and resell items from walmart. I doubt they will mark all boxes but they may contract out their own "brand" shells but I am sure they will offer all others that they sell now.