• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walked out of new state of the art shooting range.

In the summer time and the deserts are closed because of fire restrictions - I will go to an indoor range to shoot handguns. The local ranges I go to do not care if you shoot your own reloads. While they are very quick to sweep all your brass away - if you tell them you reload it - they will usually ask you what caliber and you will walk out with 3X as much mixed range brass than you shot. They just sweep all of it your way.

Reactions: Darayavaus
So I go and buy a new handgun from this authorized dealer, and when I arrive I noticed it was a brand new facility.
I go in and purchase handgun via fast track ccw and could not get background check to comeback, no worries I will be back in the morning.

While I was waiting for background check I was checking out there new state of the art indoor range, man it was nice. So I go to the range counter and fill out paperwork for range card for in the morning. So I would have it all done when I came back in the next day.

Get there the next day with my other pistol and decide to go to range before I pick up my new pistol. So go to the range counter and show him my new card and get things going. I said I brought my own new in box ammo, figuring he wants to see it’s not reman, and he tells me I have to buy there ammo to shoot on there range even if it’s my own new ammo.

So he calls the owner over to talk to me and tells me the same thing, mind you the same guy that checked my paperwork for the new pistol I purchased the day before.

So the dude doesn’t even cut me a break after I bought a pistol from him the day before, I was fucking pissed, he leaves and I told the guy at the range counter to keep the new range card.

I then proceeded to go fill out the last few paperwork items and picked up my new pistol and walked out. Pisses me off that with all the price gouging with the ammo nowadays and then we get these guys making it even worse and making people buy the ammo at an even more inflated price to shoot at there range. Oh and the owner tells me he’s selling his ammo at competitive prices, I’m thinking yea you are.

Sorry but Im pretty sure he’s going to piss a lot of people off with those kind of bs practices and loose a lot of potential new customers. I know he definitely lost my buisness instantly. I am not going to name the particular buisness because he is not here to try and defend his Bull Shit practices.

So basically he looses my buisness because he does not get the sale for one box of ammo he wants to charge me for to shoot on his range after spending over $ 900.00 at his store the day before, lol.
I could of just bought the box and sent my ammo down range after that. No I will not give anyone my buisness that pulls that shit. One and done brother Im down the road.
Fuck them....spend your money other places. My list of places I wont spend money is 10 times longer than places I will. I'm sure you will find a range close by that works for you. Now you know how they pay for all the gimmick/techno shit.

Reactions: jff_stvns
I cannot fathom allowing a range to steal my brass. WTF?! People need to stand up to this bold thievery and say no way Jose until you drop the bullshit rules.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
I don't understand the anger, when you should have asked before you assumed you could shoot your own ammo on this new "state of the art range" before you bought your pistol. As if their maintenance, insurance, employee costs aren't enormous. Not to mention the cost of building a range like this?? But you begrudge them for wanting you to buy their ammo is a little over the top. Go to a cheap ass range if you can't pay the price!! :unsure:

Their rules don't state that you have to buy their ammo, just no reloads and/or steel, subject to inspection. (unless frangible). You might call ask them.

As for the brass collection, probably a few instances of idiots fumbling around for it - a distraction.

Since the owners have their 'capital and livelihood" at risk, I'm fine with them setting the rules. People are free to go elsewhere.
Personally, I don't like shooting indoors, even when the range is empty.

Reactions: RTH1800
View attachment 7990082

meh it's their range, they can run it how they want

There is a place in Virginia with a shitty outdoor shooting range, its been here for 30 years at least (its FUDD central)
at one point in time they had a rule that said you must buy ammo here to shoot here or GTFO

I haven't been there in a long time, but I drive past it once in a while and its still standing after 30 or so years.
Now they say buy our ammo or pay a range fee of $25/hour
I am guessing ammo shortages triggered this policy change, but have no idea, just thought it was funny.
Clark Brothers?

I don't understand the anger, when you should have asked before you assumed you could shoot your own ammo on this new "state of the art range" before you bought your pistol. As if their maintenance, insurance, employee costs aren't enormous. Not to mention the cost of building a range like this?? But you begrudge them for wanting you to buy their ammo is a little over the top. Go to a cheap ass range if you can't pay the price!! :unsure:
Go to a cheap range even if you can pay the price.

As an observation to be taken with a grain of salt:

These "state of the art" ranges that have been popping up suck balls. If the range requires that you shoot their ammo, serves food or drinks (other than a vending machine,) or has a lounge with modern decor and a gas fireplace you can expect the following:

1. The stuff they sell is guaranteed to be overpriced and they probably don't even stock reloading supplies in times of abundance.
2. The staff rarely has a clue what they're talking about.
3. The firing line will inevitably be filled with new shooters either renting guns or breaking in their new Taurus, old rich guys that can barely stay on paper at 7 yards with their Nighthawk, and the occasional date night couple. Your odds of getting muzzled are high.

Even if my local "state of the art" ranges were free I'd pass.

Their rules don't state that you have to buy their ammo, just no reloads and/or steel, subject to inspection. (unless frangible). You might call ask them.

As for the brass collection, probably a few instances of idiots fumbling around for it - a distraction.

Since the owners have their 'capital and livelihood" at risk, I'm fine with them setting the rules. People are free to go elsewhere.
Personally, I don't like shooting indoors, even when the range is empty.
You 100% don’t know what your talking about. I had the owner come over and tell me to my face I had to buy there ammo to shoot on there range.

Last edited:
He may have, you might point out their printed rules state otherwise.

Only Factory new ammunition allowed on the range.
No outside ammunition is allowed without the approval of the Range Master.

Reactions: jff_stvns
He may have, you might point out their printed rules state otherwise.

Only Factory new ammunition allowed on the range.
No outside ammunition is allowed without the approval of the Range Master.
But there leaving out a small little detail, it’s there factory new ammunition from there store, lol.
Yea what a crock of shit, they definitely turn around and do the exact opposite once your ready to check into range.

I really wish I read this at the time, I definitely would have called him out on a few things per there rules.
They 100 % denied me access to there range with my new ammo. I was going to take it out of the box to show them, there like negative. Store bought only, I’m like ok Adios.

They are definitely guilty of deceptive advertising practices from what there range rules say and what actually takes place once your on site.

I really do not give two shits to shoot on there range, but next time I go to buy a pistol from an authorized dealer it will not be there facility either, they are history.

Last edited:
But there leaving out a small little detail, it’s there factory new ammunition from there store, lol.
Yea what a crock of shit, they definitely turn around and do the exact opposite once your ready to check into range.

I really wish I read this at the time, I definitely would have called him out on a few things per there rules.
They 100 % denied me access to there range with my new ammo. I was going to take it out of the box to show them, there like negative. Store bought only, I’m like ok Adios.

They are definitely guilty of deceptive advertising practices from what there range rules say and what actually takes place once your on site.

I really do not give two shits to shoot on there range, but next time I go to buy a pistol from an authorized dealer it will not be there facility either, they are history.
Their, there, they're

So I decided to call Pistol & Pints back and confront them on they’re range rules vs my experience on my last visit.

And talking to the person he tells me that it is completely fine to bring your own ammo as long as it is brass cased.

So then I bring up my last experience with him and he asked me if it occurred a few weeks ago and tells me that they have since then updated the range policy’s to allow folk’s to bring their own new brass cased ammo.

Hmm…. go figure, I guess bad news travels real fast.

Reactions: hollowoutadime
There is what I call an "upper crust" indoor range out in Olathe KS, don't remember the name. Walking in it is real clear what group they cater to.

Your ammo was ok as long as a magnet did not stick to it, ok get that. The brass is theirs. Nope that was a hard stop for me. Guy came over and told me to quit picking up the brass.....I really did not get it, told him I am cleaning up after myself, and the normal nothing that rolled over the line I went after. He says no we recycle it, ok fine but this brass is mine, I will not take anything that is not mine, you still don't get it (never said I was quick) after it hits the floor it is ours.

The light bulb finally went on and I packed my stuff and left, Waited out in the fancy show room for the guy I was with that was a member to finish. Told him it is real nice but I will never be back.

We both shoot in my "back yard" now.
It's Centerfire Shooting Sports...........

So I go and buy a new handgun from this authorized dealer, and when I arrive I noticed it was a brand new facility.
I go in and purchase handgun via fast track ccw and could not get background check to comeback, no worries I will be back in the morning.

While I was waiting for background check I was checking out there new state of the art indoor range, man it was nice. So I go to the range counter and fill out paperwork for range card for in the morning. So I would have it all done when I came back in the next day.

Get there the next day with my other pistol and decide to go to range before I pick up my new pistol. So go to the range counter and show him my new card and get things going. I said I brought my own new in box ammo, figuring he wants to see it’s not reman, and he tells me I have to buy there ammo to shoot on there range even if it’s my own new ammo.

So he calls the owner over to talk to me and tells me the same thing, mind you the same guy that checked my paperwork for the new pistol I purchased the day before.

So the dude doesn’t even cut me a break after I bought a pistol from him the day before, I was fucking pissed, he leaves and I told the guy at the range counter to keep the new range card.

I then proceeded to go fill out the last few paperwork items and picked up my new pistol and walked out. Pisses me off that with all the price gouging with the ammo nowadays and then we get these guys making it even worse and making people buy the ammo at an even more inflated price to shoot at there range. Oh and the owner tells me he’s selling his ammo at competitive prices, I’m thinking yea you are.

Sorry but Im pretty sure he’s going to piss a lot of people off with those kind of bs practices and loose a lot of potential new customers. I know he definitely lost my buisness instantly. I am not going to name the particular buisness because he is not here to try and defend his Bull Shit practices.

So basically he looses my buisness because he does not get the sale for one box of ammo he wants to charge me for to shoot on his range after spending over $ 900.00 at his store the day before, lol.
I could of just bought the box and sent my ammo down range after that. No I will not give anyone my buisness that pulls that shit. One and done brother Im down the road.

We had a range years ago try that. He stayed in business for about a year and then sold. You can't force someone to use your ammo with probably higher than retail pricing and expect a returning customer. When will they learn???

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Waiting for invite🤷🏼
C01C6363-DEFA-45D0-A637-7BA64D64E7D1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
There are a couple of ranges in Virginia that only let younshoot there if you buy ammo. I know of one where they only let you shoot hand loads if you bought the components from them, I bought a tip for a cleaning rod their and haven't been back since.

yea that's got to suck leaving a state of the art range to have to shoot on dirt that's horrible .

1667668917373.png

lol

• Haha
Reactions: AllenOne1
If a range requires you to shoot their ammo that's fine. Their range, their rules. Good luck and good riddance. I don't shoot at public ranges anyway.

Under no circumstances will a range ever take my brass. Ever. No matter what. No exceptions.... EVER.
I can answer your question. You do smell tropical.

"Stepped on flower pot. Cut my heel had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender and soon it will render that frozen concoction that helps me hang on..."

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Rules change depending on the range. An indoor range may have a substantial back stop to handle FMJ rifle rounds. But one outside range I have been to does not allow FMJ on the rifle range. There is another company on the next property over. You will fire ammo that expands and deforms on impact and you will not off hand fire from a standing position. Outdoor ranges here have reasonable fees and it is not by the hour. The indoor rifle ranges can charge by the hour but they are climate controlled and you have no windage to worry about.

At the indoor range where they use electrical servo motors for the target hangers you cannot use steel cased ammo. So, they check your ammo with a magnet.

LFAZ RULES:
1. Live the four universal rules of firearm safety.
2. All adults will have a firearm within arms reach at all times. *Except after more than 10 beers.
3. Suppressed guns only after sunset.
4. Must qualify at 1100yds before engaging the 1250 (that is over the powerline).
5. Don't shoot the rearview mirror of the Raptor on the vehicle-mounted firearm deployment range.
6. DON'T shoot stray cows. DO shoot predators on sight.
20220630_221204.jpg

20220701_115229.jpg

Reactions: Pbgt
I can answer your question. You do smell tropical.

"Stepped on flower pot. Cut my heel had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender and soon it will render that frozen concoction that helps me hang on..."

Didn't he blow out his flip-flop? Unless it was at the Atlanta Fox Theater and broke his leg. Also, wasn't it a pop top?

Anyway, some woman was to blame.

Reactions: Aftermath

What is this white knight syndrome of not naming business that have shitty practices? It reminds me of not naming groups of people that have shity practices. It dumbfounds me. What is with protecting your offenders?

Okay okay, it's the Amish!! There, are you happy now?
What is this white knight syndrome of not naming business that have shitty practices? It reminds me of not naming groups of people that have shity practices. It dumbfounds me. What is with protecting your offenders?
Them bastards got their hands in everything. Now it's gun ranges.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
At one time there was an idiot who said "Yea its factory ammo", then proceeded to blow holes in the back stop. They are the the same ones who destroy the free public shooting areas. They dump all their trash and totally leave the place like a shit hole. Like everything else in our society these days, there is alway some dumb fuck that thinks they can do what ever they want.

The range I once belonged to in Alabama (cool range, well run, just stupid customers) had a pistol caliber only steels range. It was a lot of fun, but pistol CALIBER only because that is all the steel plates on that could take

on more than one occasion a moron shot an AR15 pistol with 223 caliber on the range and ruined $1500-$2000 worth of steels.
range rules were pretty clear, you broke it you bought it

ROs were also really good about asking you what you were shooting when you signed up to get on the pistol caliber only steels range

I fully understand ranges have idiot customer problems and even though they go to great measures to prevent stupidity, you simply can't fix stupid. Instead of having a bunch of dumb rules, they should remove stupid customers.

Those Bastids! Open your own indoor range and show them how its done! Better yet buy a bunch of land and open your own long distance range.

Didn't he blow out his flip-flop? Unless it was at the Atlanta Fox Theater and broke his leg. Also, wasn't it a pop top?

Anyway, some woman was to blame.
Nothing to show but this brand new tattoo. But it's a real beauty, a mexican cutie. And how it got here, I haven't a clue.

Thats fucked. I have a state of the art local indoor range that has 100yd lanes and they let me shoot my 300PRC reloads.

Years ago, an indoor rifle range in Vandalia, OH had a customer sneak in his own ammo and proceeded to set the range on fire. The range used special permanent targets that were not changed out between shooters and used a camera to record hits as well as print out a picture for you if desired. It appears the idiot was shooting tracers out of a .308. Gee what could go wrong?

Vandalia firefighter injured in fire at rifle range

LOCAL NEWS

By Angela Watson Gay

Sept 23, 2009

VANDALIA — A firefighter was injured at the Vandalia Armory and Gun Range, 100 Corporate Center, Wednesday night, Sept. 23.

The firefighter, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital suffering from a heat-related injury, Vandalia Fire Chief Chad Follick said.

Crews were called about 7:30 p.m. after someone reported seeing smoke from a building.

The fire was contained to a small outbuilding on the property that is a “backstop” for the underground rifle range, Follick said.

There is flame-resistant material at the end of the range, which is approximately 100 yards, that catches the bullets, he said.

Follick said the cause of the fire is under investigation, noting that there is electricity to the building, so the cause of the blaze could possibly be electrical.

Crews from Bethel Twp. and Englewood were also on scene. Tipp City crews filled in for Vandalia while they were at the range.

The rifle range won’t be operational, Follick said, but the rest of the business should be open Thursday, Sept. 24.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2374 or [email protected].

Years ago, an indoor rifle range in Vandalia, OH had a customer sneak in his own ammo and proceeded to set the range on fire. The range used special permanent targets that were not changed out between shooters and used a camera to record hits as well as print out a picture for you if desired. It appears the idiot was shooting tracers out of a .308. Gee what could go wrong?

Vandalia firefighter injured in fire at rifle range

LOCAL NEWS

By Angela Watson Gay

Sept 23, 2009

VANDALIA — A firefighter was injured at the Vandalia Armory and Gun Range, 100 Corporate Center, Wednesday night, Sept. 23.

The firefighter, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital suffering from a heat-related injury, Vandalia Fire Chief Chad Follick said.

Crews were called about 7:30 p.m. after someone reported seeing smoke from a building.

The fire was contained to a small outbuilding on the property that is a “backstop” for the underground rifle range, Follick said.

There is flame-resistant material at the end of the range, which is approximately 100 yards, that catches the bullets, he said.

Follick said the cause of the fire is under investigation, noting that there is electricity to the building, so the cause of the blaze could possibly be electrical.

Crews from Bethel Twp. and Englewood were also on scene. Tipp City crews filled in for Vandalia while they were at the range.

The rifle range won’t be operational, Follick said, but the rest of the business should be open Thursday, Sept. 24.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2374 or [email protected].
I've put out indoor range fires multiple times, and not while on duty at the station

Makes you really hope people understand "cease fire" so you can run out with hoses