• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walker's Ear Buds BT ... battery life issues

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Is it just me? I can't seem to get these gadgets to charge past about 50%. Got them a couple of years ago and very lightly used them until I recently pulled them out to give them another try. But it seems the battery literally stops charging around half-strength, and won't charge any further. Anyone got any tricks to solve this? Walker just says "buy new version 2.0 ear buds".

1703866407433.png

This is the problem with re-chargeable hearing pro, the batteries are in them permanently, so as the batteries degrade, which batteries do, your device degrades and then has to be replaced completely.

It's why I specifically targeted in-ear hearing protection with replaceable batteries.

And yes, you have to buy new hearing protection or a new, whatever (anything that has non-replaceable rechargeable battery), when that re-chargeable battery isn't lasting as long as you'd like.

So, buy new hearing protection, I'd recommend replaceable battery models, if you need help with those little batteries there are tools to help you change the batteries, but you can also stick with re-chargeable if that's your poison.

^^^ what he said.
    I have the Walkers with replaceable batteries. Not the best for noise canceling, but ok. Short battery life but will get you through a couple of days of hunting. The batteries are specialized (hearing aid batteries) and not the easiest to find and are expensive. However, this is far cheaper than replacement cost of what you currently have.

Ahh Jesus.

Compared to re-chargeable hearing pro, your replaceable battery-operated hearing pro lasts a long time.

Size 10 batteries, which my current pair use, should last you about a week, if you get shit off brand batteries they may not, you may only get 4 days, but what does one charge get you with re-chargeables, usually say, 10hrs.

Size 13, which my Walkers elite pro digital behind the ear used, would last about 2 weeks.

A case of 80 batteries for my size 10 cost me about $17, that's about 40 weeks of continuous operation of the devices. All those batteries can fit into near no space and are nothing to carry, in case you wish to carry a ridiculous supply on you. (Just don't remove the stickers, that activates them and they'll wear out from that point on)

You can buy the batteries on Amazon, you don't need magic batteries, but I do stick with name brand. My last couple cases have been Rayovac, like I said, last case of my size 10s was about $17.

Yes, the battery doors are small and fragile, they're hearing aids, of course they will be. Yes, the batteries are small, yes, they have tools to help if you should need.

I don't tend to baby mine, but you do need to treat them as though they are what they are.