• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanted: SBR bedroom gun safe

GetReal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2020
I'm looking for a small gun safe with either biometric lock / key pad entry for quick access for a suppressed SBR and perhaps a pistol that can be secured to the floor / wall .

Anyone got one / recommend one? Not sure I want an under bed as it'd be hard to get to with bad knees / in the dark / dead of night. Something 30" tall max.

FYI: I'm comfortable with the legalities of using an SBR in lethal self-defense.

Genuinely curious here. What are "the legalities of using an SBR in lethal self-defense", exactly? Is there some issue where you are of using one in your home for self-defense?

If deadly force is authorized, it doesn't matter how it is accomplished. (from a penal code perspective)
What happens during civil litigation may or may not be different.
it's like the old wives tale of "don't use handloads for self-defense, they'll say you just wanted to kill someone" bullshit.

Genuinely curious here. What are "the legalities of using an SBR in lethal self-defense", exactly? Is there some issue where you are of using one in your home for self-defense?

It was in anticipation of those who claim its a bad idea to use an SBR for self defense.

Last edited:

He said that to avoid exactly what your doing to this thread by asking that

He wants to stay on track and just wants recommendations on the safe not a legal dispute

Now back to the regularly scheduled program

Not top of the line but works well for me, fire rated and bolted down. Plenty of room for things of this nature

Attachments

• 20200922_165120.jpg
    20200922_165120.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 198
ShotLock AR Classic Solo-Vault Gun Safe S-AR001

Looks like it is available online for $234.00 free shipping , www.safeandvaultstore.com Never dealt with this company, the other companies are a few bucks cheaper but they are either Out of Stock or 1-6 months backordered. www.hyattgunstore.com has them but not sure if they ship.
  • Exterior Dimensions: 16.625" x 10.4375" x 2.625"
  • Interior Dimensions: 15.9375" x 8.625" x 2.5"
  • 2 year limited warranty
  • All mechanical, no batteries or wires
  • Secures AR platform rifles with pistol grips
  • Military grade 14 gauge steel construction
  • 5 button combination lock with 1,000+ possible combinations
  • Flanged, no pry lid with dual locking hooks
1600806923833.png
1600807658319.png
1600807658319.png

That, but bio would be the ticket.

Bolted to bed frame.

Have been looking at this too, I like the last one if it was bio.

For now, the corner and the safe every am works.

Reactions: clcustom1911
There are some very cool “hide a gun” pieces of furniture out that would serve the same purpose. No idea about the bio screening option though
There are companies out there that have hidden magnetic keys for the furniture locks. Pretty cool and you can have some custom made to blend in with headboards to beds or night tables.

Vline makes a couple of suitable products and use Simplex brand push button locks. That's what you want. No batteries.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I dont know if this is the exact model you want, but get something that can be flush mounted. Put it in a closet behind hanging clothes or in the Master with a full length mirror/wall hanging , etc to hide it.

Look at some of the customer pictures.

ZY

While not a safe this is an idea I am investigating. Tactical Walls full length mirror with rfid lock

Not top of the line but works well for me, fire rated and bolted down. Plenty of room for things of this nature
Does not look like a small safe to store a short rifle and a pistol, which is what the OP wanted.

Does not look like a small safe to store a short rifle and a pistol, which is what the OP wanted.
it is in fact a small safe, and works very well for what the op is intending!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-100100_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-100100_Chrome.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 115
I looked at lockers that recess in the wall. I figured I'd like to keep something handy inside. But I'd rather be able to access it faster so I just keep it next to me when I'm home, locked up when I'm not. If I have extra time for some reason, I'd rather use that to put on boots, armor, maybe a pair of pants. Gotta prioritize.

When the dog starts doing his "someone is too close" routine or the alarm is blaring, I don't wanna be looking for or trying to access a weapon. Worst possible scenario is guy is inside your house already with intention to do harm --what do wanna be doing in the ten seconds it's gonna take for him to find you? Remember you gotta come to from a dead sleep. Time's ticking...

That's how I look at it.

Regarding SBR's for HD... Is that the weapon you want going into evidence while this is sorted? If so, then drive on. I get it, trust me. Just something to consider. I used one for years until I opted for a super heavy 9mm "pistol" with a brace.

https://blog.storemorestore.com/2018/12/28/recessed-weapon-lockers-in-wall-gun-storage-cabinets/

Come in all sizes and shapes, there's more than one place that makes 'em. I think Stack on makes 'em too. Hang a painting, dogleg it around the corner in a closet, whatever. Biggest limitation will be that the weapon be no wider than ~4". Upside is you can keep a vest in here, ammo, even your tactical fleshlight. No, biggest limitation will be accessing it when you need it...

I think these are for police storage? I wouldn't trust storing weapons like this when I'm not around.

1600903043326.png

I'd like to recess one of these inside my big safe, store pistols, cans, get back more space:
1600903030749.png

Regarding SBR's for HD... Is that the weapon you want going into evidence while this is sorted? If so, then drive on. I get it, trust me. Just something to consider. I used one for years until I opted for a super heavy 9mm "pistol" with a brace.
That is a secondary consideration for me. Primary is surviving the encounter and I believe a suppressed SBR with weapons mounted light gives me the best chance for survival.

if you are authorized to use deadly force, the weapon you do it with doesnt matter......fists, bat, knife, gun, grenade launcher, beat a fucker with a cactus.......in the eyes of the law, it doesnt matter.

to a jury however....well, ide avoid using anything called the 'death-o-matic 90000'.....

again, legally it should make 0 difference......but juries are stupid and the less you have to explain away the better.

would i use an SBR for home defense?.....sure, without a doubt.....my priority in the moment is surviving the encounter....i can deal with shit later in court.....frankly its not all that hard to explain why i used an SBR over some other weapon.

Reactions: GetReal
How about one of those descrete wall mounted ones that look like a wood flag then open to reveal a weapon or two.

Like this.

There are some very cool “hide a gun” pieces of furniture out that would serve the same purpose. No idea about the bio screening option tho

QLine Design: Custom Concealment & Secret Storage Furniture
qlinedesign.com

QLine Design offers handcrafted, custom concealment furniture with secret storage compartments to hide your valuables. Click here to learn more!
Concealment Furniture
QLine SafeGuard Shelving System Single Bookcase. from 1,000.00 ...
QLine Tactical Desk
The QLine Tactical Desk is an innovative method of secure ...
QLine SafeGuard Dresser
Starting at $6500 ($1625 Deposit). The QLine SafeGuard Dresser ...
QLine Essentials Dresser with ...
The QLine Essentials Dresser is both beautiful and unique. It's ...
Qline Secret Agent Nightstand
Starting at $1600 ($700/deposit) The QLine Secret Agent ...
QLine Dresser with Hidden ...
Starting at $6900 ($1725 Deposit). The QLine SafeGuard Dresser ...
More results from qlinedesign.com »

I don't see a reason for a safe. When seconds count and you're nervous, any safe is going to take more time than you should take.

As far as SBR, one of my own home defense firearms is a SBS. A perfect firearm for clearing the upstairs hallway. Also a remote controlled hallway light is another method for my self defense.

Good luck!

Reactions: GetReal
I don't see a reason for a safe. When seconds count and you're nervous, any safe is going to take more time than you should take.

As far as SBR, one of my own home defense firearms is a SBS. A perfect firearm for clearing the upstairs hallway. Also a remote controlled hallway light is another method for my self defense.

Good luck!

I see that PoV. Do you use one of those "hide in plain sight" furniture / wall art pieces?

Or just under the bed?

Lots of great ideas here

I see that PoV. Do you use one of those "hide in plain sight" furniture / wall art pieces?

Or just under the bed?

There's a firearm in just about ever room in my house. There are a few rooms that have 2. They are within arm's reach at all times. In my bedroom, I have 2 hooks that hold a rifle on one side of the bed and the other they hold the SBS. I won't describe the other rooms, you'll just have to guess how they are placed.

Reactions: FishinGuns
There's a firearm in just about ever room in my house. There are a few rooms that have 2. They are within arm's reach at all times. In my bedroom, I have 2 hooks that hold a rifle on one side of the bed and the other they hold the SBS. I won't describe the other rooms, you'll just have to guess how they are placed.

Yeah my wife would not allow guns hanging from hooks. She pro gun but it would clash with her decor.

:)

Don’t know how long your SBR is, but I bought and plan to install this in my bedroom for my wife’s HD gun and a place to store my off-duty pistol.
They also have a longer version if this one would be too small. American made, thick steel construction with good anti-pry features, a quality lock with no chance of batteries dying, biometrics failing, or losing/finding a key. I can fit my 11.5” BCM/SBA3 collapsed in it. It’s a tight fit, but it goes in and comes out without issue.
FYI, I found mine cheapest on Wayfair with a coupon.

To add, I see this as serving more of a purpose of keeping my/other kid(s) out of my guns than as legitimate security. For additional security, it’ll be hidden from plain sight to the average tweaked/burglar that are typical.

It’s the ultimate compromise; as “quick access” as I could find without utilizing electronics, biometrics, or keys to fail/slow me down even more.

I’m aware it will never be as good for security as a gun safe/RSC, but I figure it’s much more probable for little hands to have an accident anyways. I met my requirements as close to the middle as I could with as few compromises as I could.

I will add suck a dick becuase my kids know the difference between a safe gun and one that is useful.
If you break into our house your more likely to be shot by my kids or be mauled by a dog long before that.
What a bunch of retards.
If your lucky i wont be woke up first.

I will add suck a dick becuase my kids know the difference between a safe gun and one that is useful.

I'm working on gun safety with my 21mo old but we're stuck on shapes and colors. Any suggestions? Do I just keep repeating myself and wish for the best?

• Haha
Reactions: Anb618
Not a seconds count solution and I certainly wouldn’t want it connected to WiFi for access, but I’ve often thought of building something like this just because. Certainly other sound tracks I’d go with though.

I'm working on gun safety with my 21mo old but we're stuck on shapes and colors. Any suggestions? Do I just keep repeating myself and wish for the best?

I’ve said it before. It amazes me that guys here are raising kids who already have their Ranger tabs. Absolute discipline. 😂

Reactions: impactaddict