• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Warning Crux Suppressors

Yeah they are not well made and they do not support you after the purchase. I would say you are better off going with any other manufacturer. They told me that they would be able to fix my can in a few weeks, that was a month ago...

I had a bear of a time getting some warranty work done on one of my cans. It sat in the shop for 9+ months. Numerous emails, phone calls and messages went unreturned. Once the new owners took over this summer, one of them, Tyler, contacted me and arranged to get my repaired can back to me via over night shipping. Tyler promptly responded to all of my questions and was very helpful.

Crux is now partnered with F-1 Firearms, in Spring TX. I don't have any of their stuff, but I have heard they turn out quality gear. The Crux designs are very good and they work well. F-1 makes a lot of their own stuff in house, so they should be able to produce the suppressors as well. I like the Crux attachment devices for the suppressors, and the way they return to zero when remounted. If I were in the market for another can, I'd consider them again.

As for a certain form expiring, I was told that as well. That happened prior to the new owners taking over, and it was just one more symptom of management issues that were going on at the time. Someone can be very talented and come up with an awesome design, but that doesn't mean they are also qualified to run a business well. Crux suppressors are very well designed and I really like mine. When I spoke to the former owner a couple of years back, he was very pleasant and helpful, and I have no reason to doubt his intelligence. In my opinion, he was perhaps a better Creator than Manager, and he may of waited too long to get professional help on running the business side of his company.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread for new developments.

Well they have thier paperwork sorted now and I mailed my can to them earlier this week. I will let everyone know how long this "quick" repair takes...

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
1B28AC7D-E150-4801-AB7D-50A651106224.jpeg
DFD43A6C-78B6-4BC6-889D-FCEC3D7C5F61.jpeg

Ouch. My 375ArchAngel is waiting on its tax stamp. I’ll have to give the NAF branch a call to make sure I’m not affected by this

Reactions: kthomas
Ouch. My 375ArchAngel is waiting on its tax stamp. I’ll have to give the NAF branch a call to make sure I’m not affected by this

I'm in a similar boat. I have a .30 Archangel sitting at their shop.

I got a call from one of thier owners and he basically told me that they are still figuring everything out and everything is on hold.. Looks like my can is going to be a really expensive hunk of titanium that I have no use for...I might make it a toilet paper holder to remind me to never invest money in shit companies!

I got a call from one of thier owners and he basically told me that they are still figuring everything out and everything is on hold.. Looks like my can is going to be a really expensive hunk of titanium that I have no use for...I might make it a toilet paper holder to remind me to never invest money in shit companies!

Did they offer you a refund? Or are you stuck waiting in limbo while they figure this out?

I just had a stamp cashed for their 460 model and already have a 30 cal archangel. I have used the one I have for about 200 rounds 308 to 204 and love it. Hence why I got another one and was hoping to get a straight 5.56 as well. This is the first thing I've seen bad about them. Silencer shop really bragged them up which is why went with them over thunderbeast. So we'll see

The red flags are flying high.

@THEIS, is your company planning on producing suppressors?

Hi,

That would be a big fat No, lolol...
We will be dealing directly with @TBACRAY for all our personal suppressor needs along with the business suppressor needs.
The Dominus is in its' own league right now.

Sincerely,
Theis

I just had a stamp cashed for their 460 model and already have a 30 cal archangel. I have used the one I have for about 200 rounds 308 to 204 and love it. Hence why I got another one and was hoping to get a straight 5.56 as well. This is the first thing I've seen bad about them. Silencer shop really bragged them up which is why went with them over thunderbeast. So we'll see

18D4F5E6-0169-4AB8-A39F-0DD2B0BDEB95.gif

I mean I hope they at least right the ship and have someone to deal with. I agree the presser looks very concerning. Be nice if thunderbeast caught up on orders and I would get one of those coming. After having one for the last 6 months or so it's going to be hard going back to shooting unsupressed

I mean I hope they at least right the ship and have someone to deal with. I agree the presser looks very concerning. Be nice if thunderbeast caught up on orders and I would get one of those coming. After having one for the last 6 months or so it's going to be hard going back to shooting unsupressed

I would look for another can FROM A REPUTABLE MANUFACTURER already in stock somewhere and purchase it, operating under the assumption that the Crux can will be DOA. Given what has been shared, it’s a reasonable assumption.

Once the Crux does arrive, it can be used as a baton, musical instrument or to roll your pizza dough.

Well. Hmmm. I just got my stamp for my archneo and picked it up. I am almost afraid to shoot it. I like local companies and why I bought the crux instead of another tbac. 13 month wait for this shit! Hmmm.

Well. Hmmm. I just got my stamp for my archneo and picked it up. I am almost afraid to shoot it. I like local companies and why I bought the crux instead of another tbac. 13 month wait for this shit! Hmmm.

Similar to why I bought one. I was living in Houston at the time, and Crux was popular in the area, some really good shooters talked pretty highly of them. So I bought a demo Archangel can for a good price, and it supposedly has less then 100 rounds through it.

Of course, in hindsight, I should've just went with TBAC. Lesson learned.

Bought mine during the first TTF gb, at the time nobody would have thought of this cluster F. I kicked myself for a while not buying two.

However, my Archangel does everything my 30P1 and Reaper does. A shame the company has gone this route, will continue to knock on wood when out shooting, lol.

Reactions: eddie102870
No offer for a refund and they haven't responded to any calls or emails. They simply said fuck it and fuck you....

No offer for a refund and they haven't responded to any calls or emails. They simply said fuck it and fuck you....

I was afraid of that. I've tried calling and emailing, with no success. I even have a backdoor to one of the employees (owners?) of the "new" company, but being ignored there as well.

At this point I'm assuming the money I put towards a .30 Archangel is gone.

The last time I communicated with them one of the owners said " I'm not sure if your suppressor will be fixed or sent back to you without repair". No tracking number has been sent, no email to update me on repair or refund or tracking number, nothing... I may never see this suppressor again or maybe a few years from now I will get a call saying they fixed it... what a fucking mess!

• Angry
The worst part of all of this is that the only issue with my can is that it leaks and is not fully suppressed. It does reduce sound but not as well as it should. If I had better tool to make a wrench to remove the caps and see if I can clean them really well and make some kind of gasket to make a better seal. I could've avoided this whole process!

The worst part of all of this is that the only issue with my can is that it leaks and is not fully suppressed. It does reduce sound but not as well as it should. If I had better tool to make a wrench to remove the caps and see if I can clean them really well and make some kind of gasket to make a better seal. I could've avoided this whole process!

Incredibly frustrating. Now it's stuck in purgatory without knowing when or if you will ever get it. I feel your pain.

In my situation, I bought a demo Archangel a few years ago. Right before the ATF was about to approve it, my company transferred me back to Canada for work (which was a pretty raw deal by my employer in itself). Crux said they would hold on to the can until I got back in the country. I'm moving back to the US this April (got my green card and happily seeing goodbye to my employer), but shit hit the fan at Crux while I was away. So I've never seen my can, and now it's too late to have visa refund my money.

I'm kicking myself as I did mull over getting a refund a while ago. Obviously hindsight is 20/20. I just want a refund so I can get a TBAC 338 Ultra.

Incredibly frustrating. Now it's stuck in purgatory without knowing when or if you will ever get it. I feel your pain.

In my situation, I bought a demo Archangel a few years ago. Right before the ATF was about to approve it, my company transferred me back to Canada for work (which was a pretty raw deal by my employer in itself). Crux said they would hold on to the can until I got back in the country. I'm moving back to the US this April (got my green card and happily seeing goodbye to my employer), but shit hit the fan at Crux while I was away. So I've never seen my can, and now it's too late to have visa refund my money.

I'm kicking myself as I did mull over getting a refund a while ago. Obviously hindsight is 20/20. I just want a refund so I can get a TBAC 338 Ultra.

Sorry man, that's pretty shitty! I hate to say it but I think we are fucked as are all the other owners of thier shitty product. I guess that's the gamble when I got in on a group buy for new company...

Do you have a link to the picture or did I just overlook it?

Add me to the list of $1000.00 titanium paper weights. (cracked Arch30)
One of the new owners (Cade - really nice guy) called me back last week after multiple emails and messages. He explained that the purchase of Crux from Curtis has been a nightmare and they’re trying to right the ship. Right now their hands are tied in legal battles and they have an April court date. It sounded like he had every intention to take care of us, once he could legally do so.
I’m really hoping he stands behind his word.

Hi,

Not to be an "I doubt it" but IF the legal issue (while pending court date) was the only thing keeping them from making everything right....how can they "hope to license the technology" to other entities???

IF you have the legal capacity and authorization to sign a MLA (Manufacturing License Agreement) of such and such...you have the same legal capacity and authorization to manufacture said such and such.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Not to be an "I doubt it" but IF the legal issue (while pending court date) was the only thing keeping them from making everything right....how can they "hope to license the technology" to other entities???

IF you have the legal capacity and authorization to sign a MLA (Manufacturing License Agreement) of such and such...you have the same legal capacity and authorization to manufacture said such and such.

Sincerely,
Theis

I can only pray you’re wrong, fingers are crossed! LOL!
I don’t have any background on Curtis/Templar/Crux/New ownership other than dealing with him in the original group buy, which was not exactly smooth.
It sounds like Cade owns a few different businesses. Owning a business myself, I know how many hoops you have to jump through at times for state and federal agencies. I bet the BATF is a MoFo to deal with.
I’ve never personally met the man, but he sure sounded sincere on the phone.

Either way, I’m signing papers on a new .308 can soon, just have to pick one out. This time it will be a SureFire or AAC.

I got burnt on my SWR when they sold out to SilencerCo too.

#ShittyCanLuck

Shot my arc30 on a 6.5 creedmoor saturday in a match no problems at all. hope it holds up but ill shoot it till ot breaks and then see what goes on.

Been trying to reach out to anyone at Crux and the new company but greeted with radio silence so far.

I've called and emailed the contact info on Crux's website with nothing so far. The friend/shooting associate that originally turned me on to Crux has ties to the company (not professionally) and he gave me a name to reach out to - hit him up on Facebook messenger with no response. F1 Firearms, which to my understanding is professionally involved with Crux and were the ones taking over managing Crux made a post on Instagram about suppressors recently. Commented on that post, and they replied back. Sent them a DM about my situation and proposed solutions and more radio silence.

I'm not really sure who else to reach out to in order to get some resolution to my situation. The fact that every single person/representative I've reached out to is absolutely radio silent on the matter is not a good sign. No one seems willing to get back to me with ANY kind of response.

Hey all,

I recived and email this morning showing tracking info for my can! I am not sure if they fixed it or if they are just returning it to me. Either way, at least I will have it back and I can try to disassemble the can and fix the leaks with some kind of gasket.

I hope the rest of you still needing something from them will get what you want/need. This situation sucks!

Hey all,

I recived and email this morning showing tracking info for my can! I am not sure if they fixed it or if they are just returning it to me. Either way, at least I will have it back and I can try to disassemble the can and fix the leaks with some kind of gasket.

I hope the rest of you still needing something from them will get what you want/need. This situation sucks!

I was told that any cans with issues were going to be mailed back to the owners, without repair. When/IF repairs are able to be completed, we will need to ship them back, and then start a new Form 4 (?) process if the cans need a new sleeve (cracked, in my case - so I will need a new sleeve). Apparently Curtis was repairing cans and duplicating serial #'s, which he should not have been doing, and that is one of the new owners' issues he's dealing with. Apparently, the repaired cans need to be sent back or some crazy shit.
So it sounds like I'll be out of pocket another $200.00 and at least a year wait. Maybe CRUX will take a loss with us on the tax stamp if required (which apparently it is). From the sounds of it, there are only 15 or so repairs that need to be made.
If the new folks of CRUX took care of us, and then produced some great products, I would believe they could salvage the name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vidar
I was told that any cans with issues were going to be mailed back to the owners, without repair. When/IF repairs are able to be completed, we will need to ship them back, and then start a new Form 4 (?) process if the cans need a new sleeve (cracked, in my case - so I will need a new sleeve). Apparently Curtis was repairing cans and duplicating serial #'s, which he should not have been doing, and that is one of the new owners' issues he's dealing with. Apparently, the repaired cans need to be sent back or some crazy shit.
So it sounds like I'll be out of pocket another $200.00 and at least a year wait. Maybe CRUX will take a loss with us on the tax stamp if required (which apparently it is). From the sounds of it, there are only 15 or so repairs that need to be made.
If the new folks of CRUX took care of us, and then produced some great products, I would believe they could salvage the name.

That's a raw deal to have to send it back, do another form 4, pay another $200 tax and wait another ~9-12 months.

I really hope someone repeals the NFA, because this is brutal. Not to mention the NFA tax stamp is unconstitutional, let alone paying it twice for essentially the same suppressor.

I hope it works out for everyone. I finally got in touch with one of the owners, and it shouldn't be an issue to receive my can from what I'm hearing. I thought my money was gone, to be honest.

For everyone's sake I hope the new owners turn around the company.

Guys,

I got a call from one of the owners today. He seemed very genuine in his apology and told me that he understands how shitty this is for all of us that have issues and those that dont have issues but are worried about the support available for the Crux/Arachangle product. The tone of the conversation sounded a lot like a person who was frustrated with the situation and really trying to make things better. He was very professional and you could tell that he was tired from trying to fix the legal side of this bullshit and deal with the previous owners shady(and illegal) dealings.

I feel for the new owners, they thought they were buying something awesome and after they drove it off the lot, the tires feel off and the engine seized.

It's easy for me to get pissed about not having my can fixed or work the way it was intended too and I feel like I spent my money poorly, but I also think about the new owners. I couldn't imagine how bad of a dick punch they must feel right now. I pray that they beat Curtis's ass in court and that they come out the victor.

I know, somebody will probably chime in and say " you should've bought from a proven company" yeah perhaps, but every company is unproven when they first start out, sometimes in life you take chances. Sometimes they work out to be awesome, aske the first few people that bought a Silencerco or Tbac, or even a Desert Tech. I'm sure they would do it again!

Thanks all for the input and advice, I will update tomorrow if they fixed anything ir not.

Thanks!

Guys,

I got a call from one of the owners today. He seemed very genuine in his apology and told me that he understands how shitty this is for all of us that have issues and those that dont have issues but are worried about the support available for the Crux/Arachangle product. The tone of the conversation sounded a lot like a person who was frustrated with the situation and really trying to make things better. He was very professional and you could tell that he was tired from trying to fix the legal side of this bullshit and deal with the previous owners shady(and illegal) dealings.

I feel for the new owners, they thought they were buying something awesome and after they drove it off the lot, the tires feel off and the engine seized.

It's easy for me to get pissed about not having my can fixed or work the way it was intended too and I feel like I spent my money poorly, but I also think about the new owners. I couldn't imagine how bad of a dick punch they must feel right now. I pray that they beat Curtis's ass in court and that they come out the victor.

I know, somebody will probably chime in and say " you should've bought from a proven company" yeah perhaps, but every company is unproven when they first start out, sometimes in life you take chances. Sometimes they work out to be awesome, aske the first few people that bought a Silencerco or Tbac, or even a Desert Tech. I'm sure they would do it again!

Thanks all for the input and advice, I will update tomorrow if they fixed anything ir not.

Thanks!

I talked with the same owner today as well.

Sounded very genuine and easy to work with. I'm sure they inherited an absolute nightmare, judging from the things that have come to light recently. Having to clean up someone else's mess is never enjoyable.

I hope they can right the ship and things get back on track. At the end of the day, having another suppressor company only serves to benefit the consumers.

For my sake, and everyone else's involved in this, I really hope this works out.