• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Warning Crux Suppressors

I just had a stamp cashed for their 460 model and already have a 30 cal archangel. I have used the one I have for about 200 rounds 308 to 204 and love it. Hence why I got another one and was hoping to get a straight 5.56 as well. This is the first thing I've seen bad about them. Silencer shop really bragged them up which is why went with them over thunderbeast. So we'll see
:eek:

Update-

Crux returned my suppressor and never even opened the box... Maybe someday they will fix it...

I swear you Tbac guys are like Prius owners. Do you guys have to pat yourselves on the back every chance you get?

Im glad you guys have cans that are awesome, I'm sure none of the Tbac cans have ever had any issues and everytime they suppress a round they make 50 cent deposits in your bank accounts. Haha

Update-

Crux returned my suppressor and never even opened the box... Maybe someday they will fix it...

I swear you Tbac guys are like Prius owners. Do you guys have to pat yourselves on the back every chance you get?

Im glad you guys have cans that are awesome, I'm sure none of the Tbac cans have ever had any issues and everytime they suppress a round they make 50 cent deposits in your bank accounts. Haha

oh dude they’d jerk each other off if they could. Quick internet handy.

Nothing like projecting your anger or disappointment that you bought a Crux that failed and got screwed. If you don't like TBAC for some reason (which is weird) take a look at SilencerCo, Mack Bros or Dead Air.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Nothing like projecting your anger or disappointment that you bought a Crux that failed and got screwed. If you don't like TBAC for some reason (which is weird) take a look at SilencerCo, Mack Bros or Dead Air.

I do like Tbac and Silencerco. I think they are great cans.

What I am joking about is how in this CRUX thread, Tbac dudes are chiming in bragging about how great thier cans are. It's annoying, it's like bragging to someone who is sick how great they feel.

This forum thread was intended to warn people about Crux brand being shitty, and has evolved into Crux is basically out of business for now.

So unwad your panties buddy, I'm sure your Tbac is great, they are great cans.
I am not directing my comments at thier company, just the people bragging about how great thier shit is in a forum full of dudes who got screwed br Crux.

Nothing wadded on my end. Just move on and buy another can. It isn't a secret that Crux sucks. When I was looking for my first can several years ago I read about failing Crux suppressors so they were immediately off my list.

Ok buddy, this is my thread if you dont like what is in it you can move on and go post in the Tbac thread how awesome you are.

Reactions: ComicalGrub503
I do like Tbac and Silencerco. I think they are great cans.

What I am joking about is how in this CRUX thread, Tbac dudes are chiming in bragging about how great thier cans are. It's annoying, it's like bragging to someone who is sick how great they feel.

This forum thread was intended to warn people about Crux brand being shitty, and has evolved into Crux is basically out of business for now.

So unwad your panties buddy, I'm sure your Tbac is great, they are great cans.
I am not directing my comments at thier company, just the people bragging about how great thier shit is in a forum full of dudes who got screwed br Crux.

As someone who owns both and has been on the receiving side of the Crux customer service experience, TBAC are superior not just in build quality but basically every way lol.

Damn, what a goat rodeo. I also bought mine during the first TTF group buy for a hell of a deal at the time. After a bit the sleeve started to turn during tightness checks. Sent it back and since whatever they did it shoots great and everyone comments how quiet she is. Hopefully she keeps driving on. I feel for you guys, no-one could have anticipated this and hopefully the new owners can eventual right the ship.

mine is still GTG. just picked it up and it hasn't had any issues yet. next test is to put it on a gun and fire it. I am just happy it showed up with baffles!

I’ve kept an eye on them since this first popped. They sit on my 6.5 creed and 18” noveske, which neither gets shot quickly. Probably have over 1000rds through each so far. I’ll keep watching

Supposedly not. I thought they were as well, I contacting them in regards to my Crux fiasco and this is what I got in response:

Screenshot_20200425-150308~2.png

can anyone who has had a cracked can from crux post what it looked like? I have two crux Saxon 9s that i filled out the paperwork for in March of 2017 and ended up grabbing them December of 2018, haven’t had any issues with them as of yet but I’m curious of what to look for and where exactly to look.

Attachments

• A2433A21-16B3-4550-BC91-B8C8642A3933.jpeg
    A2433A21-16B3-4550-BC91-B8C8642A3933.jpeg
    373.5 KB · Views: 112
  • FE5B0381-F8E3-4220-892B-57724419EF9F.jpeg
    FE5B0381-F8E3-4220-892B-57724419EF9F.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 105
  • C7A15836-30D9-4A67-A60A-4649AA25DDAD.jpeg
    C7A15836-30D9-4A67-A60A-4649AA25DDAD.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 104
can anyone who has had a cracked can from crux post what it looked like? I have two crux Saxon 9s that i filled out the paperwork for in March of 2017 and ended up grabbing them December of 2018, haven’t had any issues with them as of yet but I’m curious of what to look for and where exactly to look.

you may be past the stage they were having issues. mine was a Templar Tactical marked can. My Crux marked Ark30 hasnt had any issues, but it was from around the same timeframe of the previous TT can.

If you have cracking, you will know. there's no reason to start looking at your can with a microscope now. My advice would be to get a good can cover and go shoot the thing. if there is a failure the cover takes most of the shrapnel brunt. ask me how i know.

you may be past the stage they were having issues. mine was a Templar Tactical marked can. My Crux marked Ark30 hasnt had any issues, but it was from around the same timeframe of the previous TT can.

If you have cracking, you will know. there's no reason to start looking at your can with a microscope now. My advice would be to get a good can cover and go shoot the thing. if there is a failure the cover takes most of the shrapnel brunt. ask me how i know.
You actually answered the question I was really trying to convey thank you! Wasn’t sure if it was the ones branded Templar tactical or crux and oh I do shoot em, makes me KAC m110 clone shoot super smooth and my vector is 10x more fun with it on! And guessing you had a can failure?

I have two Crux suppressors a 9mm, which spends most of its time on a 300wsm, and a 6.5 neither have given me any issues. Too bad they couldn't keep their shit strait. My uncle bought one on my reccomendation and my buddy has two as well, all of them rock'n w/o issue// We're F'd for attachments and repair...... if needed I guess

I have two Crux suppressors a 9mm, which spends most of its time on a 300wsm, and a 6.5 neither have given me any issues. Too bad they couldn't keep their shit strait. My uncle bought one on my reccomendation and my buddy has two as well, all of them rock'n w/o issue// We're F'd for attachments and repair...... if needed I guess

There's a few SOTs that can do can repair for you, if it's recore or attachment related. A new tube needed may negate the cost

Reactions: SingleShot85
Just found this thread, and glad I did. Was also in on the first TT group buy, Arch 30. Got the can, went into the safe, got busy with other projects and never fired a single round through it. Just took it out, and sure enough there is crack running right along the top of all the "TACTICAL" letters

• Wow
Reactions: Victory
This is sad, you guys have a bunch of money tied up in something that isn't safe to shoot. Just sitting here shaking my head.

I have a 2018 production Crux, THE loudest can I own by a mile and I even own a Huntertown arms can from back in the day. I’m honestly partially happy they’re out of business, suck for those of us who own one, but it prevents others from being burned going forward. Now who does re-cores on Ti cans?

Reactions: SOAPdata
I am glad to see that this thread has helped some people avoid purchasing a can from Crux! For us unfortunate few that did, at least we can take some joy in knowing that our fellow hiders aren't stuck in the same sinking boat!

I am glad to see that this thread has helped some people avoid purchasing a can from Crux! For us unfortunate few that did, at least we can take some joy in knowing that our fellow hiders aren't stuck in the same sinking boat!

It could be worse, could be stuck with an HTA or even a Gemtech!!
:D

Reactions: chuckp and Vidar
Just found this thread, and glad I did. Was also in on the first TT group buy, Arch 30. Got the can, went into the safe, got busy with other projects and never fired a single round through it. Just took it out, and sure enough there is crack running right along the top of all the "TACTICAL" letters
Yep one of mine cracked just sitting in the safe.

There's a few SOTs that can do can repair for you, if it's recore or attachment related. A new tube needed may negate the cost
I bought (3-4) breaks from a guy in Houston that work great. He’s had them in stock, they run around $100 each when I ordered them. Colby Mathis - (832) 671-8680. He said he can do repairs also assuming the tube does not need to be replaced.

I bought (3-4) breaks from a guy in Houston that work great. He’s had them in stock, they run around $100 each when I ordered them. Colby Mathis - (832) 671-8680. He said he can do repairs also assuming the tube does not need to be replaced.
The tube is the main problem, I believe.

Anyone crack the body in a 375ArchAngel?
I should be testing mine in a few weeks

Got my 375Archangel in. Sent 25 round down it in 100+ Arizona temps. So far so good. This was a 2019 build so supposedly the cracked sleeve thing was corrected according to one of their prior sponsored shooters.

I’m pleased with the suppression for super sonic loads. 2830fps with a 377gn bullet. Recoil is a bitch though.

New to forum and I had already made the mistake of buying a CRUX before they went belly up. I just had the same issues others had reported with a crack along the logo stamping (see pic). It looks that the stamping is deeper at the top than the bottom (hard to see in this pic) likely causing additional stress. I'm looking to find what options I have before a new purchase. Would anyone have a recommendation of a Class 3 that can do Titanium work?

IMG_8541-2.jpg

IMG_8541-2.jpg

New to forum and I had already made the mistake of buying a CRUX before they went belly up. I just had the same issues others had reported with a crack along the logo stamping (see pic). It looks that the stamping is deeper at the top than the bottom (hard to see in this pic) likely causing additional stress. I'm looking to find what options I have before a new purchase. Would anyone have a recommendation of a Class 3 that can do Titanium work?

View attachment 7453064

which suppressor model is that? How many rounds did that take. Sorry I don’t have any answers to your question. That sucks man.

Man this sucks to hear I've sold a bunch of their cans in the past and all I heard was good, I guess they didn't stay that way.

Update-

BidenBoi:
My first can was a TBac can was a 30-P1, direct thread that took a baffle hit from a 6m Barnes varmint Grenade traveling too fast for it's jacket.
The folks at TB repaired my can in about 10 days (door to door) keeping me in season for my 2014 varminting year. I've not forgotten their great CS and have bought 6 more cans since. -Also, zero issues in +10K rounds through their cans since, but if there is one, I'm pretty sure they'll be responsive.

BidenBoi:
My first can was a TBac can was a 30-P1, direct thread that took a baffle hit from a 6m Barnes varmint Grenade traveling too fast for it's jacket.
The folks at TB repaired my can in about 10 days (door to door) keeping me in season for my 2014 varminting year. I've not forgotten their great CS and have bought 6 more cans since. -Also, zero issues in +10K rounds through their cans since, but if there is one, I'm pretty sure they'll be responsive.

Bro you are more Biden than me, way to post off topic and brag about what you have. Crux cans suck, I posted this shit show of a thread to warn anyone else from buying their shit. If you guys want to suck each others dicks about how awesome your Tbac cans are, I'm pretty sure there is better threads for that. For the record, I like Tbac cans, I am just trying to warn others and not brag about how great xyz can is.

Reactions: stefan73