• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warriors as Umbrella Holders

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    I am still spun up about the "bowing"; and perhaps he didn't want to get his hair messed up! All jokes aside; as a man how do you feel comfortable having another man holding an umbrella for you? I am very disappointed in the Turkish Prime Minister for accepting the umbrella also!

I was watching yesterdays press conference live and thought POTUS calling out US Marines to hold his umbrella lacked some serious understanding. Co workers came in to see me as soon as it happened as they knew I would be steemed.

Odd I saw little in the US press.

Thankfully the Brits reports the news of the US

President Obama makes U.S. Marine break the rules, and he does not look happy about it!! | Mail Online

I guess he did not have any Corpse Men around to hold it for him. Dangers of TOTUS: Obama Reads Word "Corpsman" as "Corpse Man" Twice - YouTube

Liberals have no respect for the military or the citizens of this country. They need to get their heads out of their asses and understand what a soldiers job and duties are. We do not carry bags for the Clintons or hold umbrellas for the obamas. We protect and defend our country!

A perfect example of how this person (I'm not even going to call him a man) has no clue about what he is doing and how to treat those that work for him. I think I could ask any Cub Scout off the street and he would at least know how to pronounce the title of Corpsman. As far as holding the umbrella, we probably have 50 people in the White House that are being paid to forecast the weather. If they were all sick that day, can't he see it's raining and either back up a little or ask someone to erect an awning? What's that phrase about being too stupid to come in from the rain?

Gotta feel bad for that Marine being emasculated by the Pres on TV. Sad.

In my eyes the Marine wasnt emasculated but POTUS did a fine job of removing his own nutbag.

Reason tells me this is just ignorance on his part but my tin foil hat senses a message being sent to the military, especially how he made a point of vocally calling out the servicemen, the message being "Listen bitches you better tow the line or you will be my shoe shine boy."

Im sure he has it in the back of his mind that just one military person involved in Benghazi has to come out with the truth of what happened and he is sunk.

Using a Marine as if he were Obama's serf is a disgrace. Our Marines our weapons of war, not fucking decorations to be used while he advances his propaganda. I wish the Marine had folded it up and beat that stupid fuck with it. Please excuse my french.

Using a Marine as if he were Obama's serf is a disgrace. Our Marines our weapons of war, not fucking decorations to be used while he advances his propaganda. I wish the Marine had folded it up and beat that stupid fuck with it. Please excuse my french.

Just to play devil's advocate here: Toys For Tots.

When my Wife saw this yesterday morning she said WTF. I told her those pieces of shit should be holding the Umbrellas for those Marines.

weather its a situation such as this or the complete crap that our gov does on a larger scale down to abusive relationships -- stupid shit can only exist when we are willing participants -- if the marines said no to holding an umbrella then it would not have happened --- yeah i get that their most likely would have been a crap load of consequences for disobeying the "commander in chief" or whatever fucking bs ppl want to spew - but the fact is the same - stop co-operating with douchbags and they can not continue to operate -- its just that simple -- everyone is all fucked up that the pres asked.....well im annoyed that the marines complied -- they are thought to be "weapons of war" and fearless soldiers but yet dont have the balls to stand up and say no when its time to tell those above them to shove it.......we need to be brave in more ways than one -- if we were then the nation would not be where it is today - and btw this is something i need to work on as well i am not above anyone else when im talking -- their are aspects of my life i need to apply this to more often for sure - this is a good reminder to do so

weather its a situation such as this or the complete crap that our gov does on a larger scale down to abusive relationships -- stupid shit can only exist when we are willing participants -- if the marines said no to holding an umbrella then it would not have happened --- yeah i get that their most likely would have been a crap load of consequences for disobeying the "commander in chief" or whatever fucking bs ppl want to spew - but the fact is the same - stop co-operating with douchbags and they can not continue to operate -- its just that simple -- everyone is all fucked up that the pres asked.....well im annoyed that the marines complied -- they are thought to be "weapons of war" and fearless soldiers but yet dont have the balls to stand up and say no when its time to tell those above them to shove it.......we need to be brave in more ways than one -- if we were then the nation would not be where it is today - and btw this is something i need to work on as well i am not above anyone else when im talking -- their are aspects of my life i need to apply this to more often for sure - this is a good reminder to do so

Apparently you have never served......and Marines are not soldiers. The rest of that drivel isn't even worth debating.

Tapatalk2

whether or not ive served has nothing to do with the ability to discuss an idea - and the technicality of wording dosnt discredit an idea either - the idea and what i said are still valid regardless of whether or not your want to debate it as well

and btw one of the definitions for soldiers is - a person engaged in military service. so as i used it seems to be correct from....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soldiers
    1. a person who serves in an army; a person engaged in military service.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Marines
    3. serving on shipboard, as soldiers.

edit to provide links

Last edited:

Apparently you have never served......and Marines are not soldiers. The rest of that drivel isn't even worth debating.

It's a NEPA thing, baby, you just wouldn't understand. :D

Ignorance is bliss....

Tapatalk2

well obviously your willing to just say some shit but im asking you right now - if i am ignorant then please instead of just calling me ignorant help show me the way - educate me - if you can truly prove a valid point then youll also change my perspective

Not much difference between holding an umbrella and cleaning a latrine...

Guess which one smells worse ;)

Anyone that wants to give that Marine shit (other than some good natured ribbing by his pals) needs to shut the fuck up. We've all been put in situations where we had to do something that we didn't want to do. Would any of you destroy your career as a Marine by telling the POTUS to fuck off. (Maybe Switchblade LOL) He did his duty, and even though he had to do something he probably hated doing and that many say was emasculating he still held his honor and looked as badass as one can while holding an umbrella for a pansy ass douchebag. Rant over.

Yeah Marines are half soldier, and have naval infantry. (they are still as good as s soldier in my mind, but nothing special compared to the others in the service)) Obama emasculate him, degraded him, embarrassed him, the Marine did his job and is a victim of the skinny bastage masquerading as the President, nothing more nothing less. You bet he will get a load of sht from his buddies and peers all part of the game.

Tapatalk2

Last edited:

Referring to this.

There is time coming when there will be plenty of opportunity for good men to fall on their swords. Some of the brass should have a long time ago, but don't hold your breath. If this Marine told the president to pound sand for holding an umbrella, I would not criticize, it's his career and honor to defend. However, I do want good men in position to take a stand over issues infinitely more critical than an umbrella, and their careers have to survive until that point if they are to be influential when we need them most. There are matters of principle on which we must never bend, and the intelligent patriot must discern the difference. Our country is beginning, again, a very tricky game, the outcome of which many yet unborn generations will bear for better or worse.

Just looking at Obama, never noticed this before, he looks malnourished next to that Marine, hell he looks like a crack head, I dont like the guy at all but he is the Pres, I hope they are giving him his medical check ups.

Attachments

• marines-hold-umbrellas-over-u-s-president-barack-obama3.jpg
      marines-hold-umbrellas-over-u-s-president-barack-obama3.jpg
      16 KB · Views: 14
    My wife brought this to my attention. 20 years ago, she spent a few years with me on Camp Lejeune and new the rules. It is just sad, the Marine had no choice, but it is truly sad the people running the show of all parties don't respect the lives of those that write the blank check. How bout some Duty, Honor and Country from our elected, that would be a change.

OK, bear with me here, but what do you think?

Somewhere in that situation, there is a snapperhead of whom is in a 'higher' position than a respectable Marine. Said snapperhead "asks" (in an authoritarian sort of way) for a service from the respectable Marine.

At that very moment in time, said respectable Marine had the choice of two options (as I see it). These being 'comply' or 'reject'. I'm not talking at all about what is "right and wrong" here, just simply "comply" or "reject".

Given the situation, what would you have done? What is a "White-House Posting" on your DD214 (or whatever number it is for ya'll?) and how does it help you in and out of the Service? What is your personal as well as professional option? As an individual, do you really have the 'right' to disobey THAT "order"? As a professional, do you have the responsibility to disobey THAT order?

Contextually, "hold this umbrella" is a far cry different than "send 'them' to the camps", right? Both are orders from your "superiors" (and you have no idea how loosely I use that term) and both may very well be "challengeable" in a court of law or Captains Mast. But in the end, which is the better thing to do?

In this situation, I personally see that the Marine did the right thing. Here is why:

Starting with that statement of "It is better to ask for forgiveness, than to ask permission", to which you have the obvious outcome. Follow that up with, had he said 'no', then he'd have been (probably) immediately replaced, hidden away, and we wouldn't have even known about the situation.

Now, simply because these respectable Marine's complied, they have shown the WORLD that they are the "Better Man", twice over. It is now literally International News, and it is now widely known of AND talked about.

To which it is seen by 'both parties' ie: Rep's and Dem's, Lib's and Con's, (you know what I mean there) and even free and oppressed. How popular do you think he is now?

Regardless of your stance on pro vs. con the 1st, 2nd, Roe v. Wade, or Socialized Healthcare v. Private Healthcare,,,, he has shown himself to everyone MORE of who he is. Just another snapperhead whom is somewhere in the situation.

And a respectable Marine!

One to whom, appears to have not sheltered himself from a single raindrop from the actual "use" of an umbrella. I cannot imagine of a more dignified manner to actually "employ" a device and not garner even a miniscule amount of personal benefit to amount to a selfish act. Add to that, the apparent 'look of disgust' at the same time, is just icing on the cake.

I would purchase a case of Bourbon for each of these respectable Marine's. Wouldn't you? Who's with me?

Last edited:
    Just wow. Gonna be careful what I say here... For those of you that "blame" a soldier, marine, sailor airmen, etc. for following a direct order on national tv; you are well, clueless. Look up your definitions as if the interweb can fing tell you what it's really like or somehow by proxy learn, understand military honor, discipline and tradition. Spew your couch monkey shit as it is easy for you to second guess. Even though potus has a less than high warm and fuzzy rating by most military (At least all the ones I know.), he is still potus and there is respect for the office, period. Had those men refused, they would have put a dark cloud over all their brothers to the outside world and shit on the office. There are times no matter what your rank to STFU and deal with it later.

Rather send the bourbon to Afghanistan jarheads and dogfaces. WH duty aint that bad.

True shooter, but that cuts both ways in the US, you issue to many degrading orders people will not follow them, our military has always operated on mutual respect for the individual. Even when ordering or following orders that you and everyone knows will get you killed, you only follow them because of that two way respect and trust that the right thing is being done. The Marine did the right thing, its the president who is a POS with no respect for anyone, or the country for that matter that is the issue.

Last edited:
    When posting I never intended for the Marines compliance with the order to be part of the discussion. Both Cpls are wearing NDM and probably a GWOT I'm thinking they are ending a first tour with 8th&I or HMX1 about to enter the fleet for the first time in their careers. They were just doing as told and it wasnt as if they were told to fire on the civilians.

I should be calloused to it now but Im disgusted for the contempt of all that is good and decent in this country.

I truly feel sorry for the parents with kids in the service. They have well deserved pride in a child that has the dedication to serve yet horror that they are under the command of a man that utterly hates what their kids hold dear. Bidens comment to the father of the SEAL killed in Benghazi or POTUS recalling SFC Monti (KIA) as the first living MOH he awarded are just a couple of examples proving the service of the military doesnt matter to them.

I cant say our military leaders are failing us because they are supporting the elected civilian government, as they should,. But do they have to be complicit in the BS?

This is the result of Carter Hamm, Petraeus and the like sacrificing their honor for political gain or to be allowed to retire in peace. No one has the backs of those Marines.

Last edited:
    Gotta feel bad for that Marine being emasculated by the Pres on TV. Sad.

I used to work with both of those guys. It's bullshit. Being in D.C. as a Marine is about 95% dog 'n pony show, 5% anything else. Waste of time for guys that joined to tear shit up. This president doesn't give two shits for the military. I'm not saying Bush was a saint, but at least he had some respect for us.

So much for " lead by example " or "never asking a man to do something that you wouldn't"! Honestly I thought this was the first time it happened; but evidently not!
    awsynk.jpg

All a disgrace! These men and women are for holding an umbrella over our country; not for your personal use. Hold your own umbrella or get the GTFO of the rain! Look at the bitch in orange giving Clinton the "death stare" as he's holding his own umbrella. The only way Obama can gain any respect from me is; he holds the umbrella for the Marine the next time it rains!

Last edited:
    The new world order all at one time. The chick in orange has more testosterone than all them fkrs.BTW I aint from the right or left, just a simple Constitution believing American.

The new world order all at one time. The chick in orange has more testosterone than all them fkrs.BTW I aint from the right or left, just a simple Constitution believing American.
    Same here brother; I am in the middle getting squeezed from the left and right.

Never thought this was an exclusive incident. Thing is in the past its usually an aid or someone that will get a hold of a soldier on the side and send them up to cover the President. Its a different story when the POTUS in the middle of talking stops his reading of the teleprompter to say "We need a couple of Marines up here to make us look good yada, yada". Perhaps its just more incompetence of his administration they cant even figure how to brown nose their boss correctly.

I also believe this is our first POTUS to miss honoring D DAY veterans sacrifices by going to the D DAY Memorial not once but 3 times 2010, 2011 and 2012. If memory serves me, 2012 was skipped to go the Californiastan for a political fund raiser.

In 68 years, these were the only 3 times missed....

Sometimes for men in uniform the unspoken word thunders the loudest. You pay respect to the office not the man who holds it. But take joy when you can respect both.

In regards to shooter on the D Day memorial why would a man you wants to redistribute wealth want to pay tribute to those that fought against socialism.

I also believe this is our first POTUS to miss honoring D DAY veterans sacrifices by going to the D DAY Memorial not once but 3 times 2010, 2011 and 2012. If memory serves me, 2012 was skipped to go the Californiastan for a political fund raiser.

In 68 years, these were the only 3 times missed....

THIS is SO much worse that the umbrella thing.

However, to stay on topic and away from politics. The following was pointed out to me by an active Marine (I'm just transportation(Navy)). It's in a Marine's Regulations not to carry or have on his person an umbrella of any kind while in uniform, unless they are female. So the Prez, in his arrogance and ignorance, has put a junior Marine on display in front of the world, essentially breaking reg's so the Prez doesn't get damp.

The rest of what goes with this is political and doesn't fit on this forum.