• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Washington state monthly matches at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club

Hopefully, you will be able to make it up to the match. If you can convince one of the club members (who is shooting the match but isn't involved in helping with set up) to take you over to the 175 yard range, you could zero there.

I just had work cancel for tomorrow, yippee. ... Is there any room left at the match tomorrow?

Thanks

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for everyone being so helpful in assisting this "newbie" during my first match (and long distance shooting generally). I had a great time, and I know some of the things I need to do to have more "impacts" the next time.

Kevin, apologize to your wife for the poor shape our score sheet was in by the end of the match...she was probably pulling her hair out trying to decipher it.

Thanks again for the work setting up and running the match. Having everything on the clock made for a very efficient use of time.

Nice shooting JD!

I had a blast. The new time format made it run smooth and made people work together. Thanks again to those that give their time to deal with the range, setup, take down, post scores,and deal with all of us shooters.

As far as my shooting. It was all luck. But thanks.
JD

Have to agree everything flowed great with everyone pitching in.

Great shooting JD !

For the Russian lady,
отличная стрельба с вами Laurel !

My take away was when laying your rifle down sideways, check your windage turrets before shooting to see that you didn't roll them half a mil for two stages lol.

JD definitely had everything dialed in on this month's match and showcased his rifle ninja skillz. Nice shooting JD!

The new short time, short round count format for each stage works well with the larger turn outs we've been having in the past year.

My take away was when laying your rifle down sideways, check your windage turrets before shooting to see that you didn't roll them half a mil for two stages lol.

I can relate. In one match I had a full 1.5 mils wind dialed in from a previous match. I wasted some good bullets that day.

I had a blast. The new time format made it run smooth and made people work together. Thanks again to those that give their time to deal with the range, setup, take down, post scores,and deal with all of us shooters.

As far as my shooting. It was all luck. But thanks.
JD

Good shooting JD, it was a pleasure to be squaded with you. I really enjoyed the feedback and help. I am always open to learning. Keep up the good work mister. -Neil

Hi Kevin, please sign me up for November. Is it the 1st or the 8th?

I think I fixed the trigger problem I had at last match.

Spot-On,
I have enough trouble trying to keep myself from making basic errors. When it feels as if my firearm is fighting me, or creating problems to test my ability to solve them, it gets really hard to maintain my concentration, and continue with my original plan for how I WAS going to shoot a stage.

It sort of reminds me of the old saying: "It is hard to remember that your original plan was to drain the swamp, when you are up to your ass in alligators."

Bringin this back to the top due to the fact that this match is growing like crazy and getting a lot of shooters involved in the local area. Any way we can post results from last weekends shoot?

This month's match was a blast for sure. Really nice having a mover to practice on. Results get posted to Facebook but here's a copy in case you aren't on there.

Untitled-1_zpsa1iiqp2b.jpg

Also, since this thread is fairly old I should point out that Kevin is no longer running the matches. If you want to get info on the matches or get on the mailing list, send an email to Brian and Josh at [email protected].

Also, since this thread is fairly old I should point out that Kevin is no longer running the matches. If you want to get info on the matches or get on the mailing list, send an email to Brian and Josh at [email protected].

Good info to have... I was posting here in hopes to update/bring back those who used to shoot at this match like Joe, Joe Sr, Laurel etc. etc. that may still be subscribed to this thread.

the matches are doing great with Josh and Brian running things. they now have a moving target system, and have expanded distance out to 600 yards with a larger range to shoot on. They are doing a great job growing the sport!

I finally bought nearly $1000 worth of reloading components, so now I can reload all the brass that has been waiting. Then after I get a little practice back in, I can go back out to some of the matches again. I haven't been to a match there since October 2016 when Kevin and I handed it off to Brian and Josh.

I should finish testing loads for the new bullets I bought for match ammo this week. I loaded up about 80 rounds so I can test for both a gas gun, and a bolt gun in 308. Then I can load up my match ammo and come back out and play.

Monthly matches are still on the first Saturday of the month. Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club has a website for those wanting more info.

I checked the website but nothing was showing up for this year until late spring. Are the monthly matches still going on here?

I checked the website but nothing was showing up for this year until late spring. Are the monthly matches still going on here?
They are not doing a monthly match anymore. Just one or two a year by various MDs.
Sun Targets in Moxee and Rock lake are both doing monthlys now if you care to drive.

That’s a bummer! Yeah I’m planning on doing the one out In Wenatchee here in a few weeks.