• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Washington Training?

garrett

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any groups or classes I could get into in the Washington area, specifically Seattle/Redmond but I have a car/sleeping bag so it really doesnt matter. Im ok at 100 yds w/ a front rest (all i have access to) and the rifle I have but I feel like I could be better since I am pretty much self taught and never learned any basics/foundation material.

Im looking for precision rifle classes mostly but I am also interested in defensive handgun or carbine classes.

Basically I want to learn as much as i can this summer and was wondering if any of yall knew where to start
smile.gif

Re: Washington Training?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No experience with them, but they are recommended by a guy in Oregon that I would trust the opinion of.

http://www.firearmsacademy.com/ </div></div>

I was thinking about taking their precision rifle class, but I doubt my rifle is going to be done in time for this year's class. I've taken 3 classes with them so far this year, and I am registered for 2 more. I don't have any other formal instruction to compare them to, but I enjoyed the classes I've taken. There aren't a lot of reviews of them to be found, but I have yet to see anyone say anything negative. Their beginner classes (I took their level 1 rifle class with my fiance just for fun, and to introduce her to various techniques) are really focused on the fundamentals, to the point that I found that class a bit boring, but they give beginners a chance to work on the fundamentals. Their mid and upper level classes, where I'd assume the level of instruction for their precision rifle class would fall, are a lot of fun. Once the instructors get to know the students and the students get to know each other everything flows nicely.

The only real downside to taking their classes is that they're like 2.5 hours south of Seattle. My last class I took was a 2 day class, and I got a motel room in Chehalis for the night, but it kind of sucked to drive 30 minutes to the motel and then 30 back for the class the next day. They'll let you camp out at the range, which is my plan for my remaining 2 classes this year. That wouldn't be an issue with the precision rifle class though, as I believe they have everyone sleep at the range to practice shooting into the night.

I have attended a few classes from www.lmsdefense.com and have always been happy with the training.

The range they primarly use in Western WA is the Cascade Pistol and Rifle out by Diamondback.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...461#Post1177461

Not profesionals by any means but Tribe is kinda like mine and Blackwidow's "Father of Shooting"!!!! At least he is as old as my dad!!!

Good time and we will only make fun of you for an hour or two!
laugh.gif

Totally field conditions if you want to come out to the Sol Duc....pics of the range are in that thread as well.

The Nailer owns (Or used to own?) tritech training - he hangs out over at WCT also...maybe he'll be getting something together.

I know the guys on the east side of the state get together, we have a few lil get togethers over here -

With the hood canal bridge getting back together looks like we can go up across the canal next week....RotorTuner and I are planning a trip to do at least 500 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.insightstraining.com
this is all i know about havent heard of any longrange training in wa</div></div>

I have taken two of their courses (General Defensive Handgun and Rifle). Personally, I wouldn't recommend them. To me, they were more concerned about quantity than quality. Their relationship with the class, purely business. I took those courses cuz there was nothing else available...at least not one that I knew of at the moment. I won't be taking any thing else with them.

I would like to try FAS, heard good things about them.

There was also an instructor by the name of Georges Rahbani. He was awesome. He was genuinely concerned with the improvement of everyone in the class...period. Unfortunately, he moved across the border to OR.