• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wasr vs npap

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
looking at these two aks for my next purchase was wondering if anyone had the newer versions, im leaning towards the npap but notice i cant find any different stocks for it, the wasr is cheaper and i can get different stocks for it , but all i have read about the wasrs is they are hit and miss, so which should i buy

All AKs are hit and miss. However the wasr is REALLY hit an miss.

If I were buying an AK right now I'd get the underfolder NPAP. It's a screaming deal. Just wrap some paracord around the folder for a cheek rest and get a single point sling and go to town.

not a fan of the underfolders buddy has one if i go toward the pap it will be with the regular stock, but it sucks i cant find any good stocks for it, think i might spend the xtra cash and get the synthetic version

+1 for the npap. It sucks about the aftermarket stocks but mine cycles any ammo thrown at it. Accuracy isn't as bad as I was expecting either.

Zastava is probably the best deal on an AK available today. I have two, and one WASR. All shoot very well. I don't care to replace the stocks so leaving them as is.

Yup, buy the Yugo/Serbian AK. Much better. Furniture options are starting to hit the streets. If you can push another $100, look for an O-PAP with the RPK heavy receiver.

I have 2 WASR and a Zastava. All function 100% without issue but anyone asking to buy an AK today I would recommend the Zastava.

Personally, the AK is not meant to be scoped. If your looking to scope a 7.62x39 get a SIG 556R. I have 3 and with quality Lapua ammo and my Browe BCO 7.62x39 hits to 600 are pretty easy.

Last edited:
Neither!!!

Spend the extra and get an arsenal!!! Totally worth it!!

Im seriously kicking around getting a nice milled arsenal brand.

looking at these two aks for my next purchase was wondering if anyone had the newer versions, im leaning towards the npap but notice i cant find any different stocks for it, the wasr is cheaper and i can get different stocks for it , but all i have read about the wasrs is they are hit and miss, so which should i buy

Have to agree with Elfster1234. As i said NPAP is better than the WASR but if you have the coin get an Arsenal.