• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Watch guys---breitling

rrflyer

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
DFW, TX
Guys I have a chance to purchase a new breitling watch from my company for a coupl hundred bucks. these were bought as promotional items several years ago but out logo has since changed.

Anyhow I know little to nothing about watches but what's a ballpark cost on an entry level Breitling these days? I don't know the model but it does have a leather band.

Re: Watch guys---breitling

What model? A breitling for a couple hundred generally = knock off.

5 to 6 times, maybe even ten times a couple hundred dollars, if it's real. They're good, especially the chronos.

Check with Tschiemer , a member here. hes always swapping watches and stuff.

It's real. Our company deals with private individuals with personal worth of 30mill or more and these were promotional and thankful gifts. It is a chrono model but not sure exactly what kind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's real. Our company deals with private individuals with personal worth of 30mill or more and these were promotional and thankful gifts. It is a chrono model but not sure exactly what kind. </div></div>

If it's only "a couple hundred" it's a no-brainer, then. Enjoy and don't let whiners see that it's the old logo.

What's the old one look like, maybe we need a group buy
laugh.gif

That'd be sweet right.

This is the closest picture I can find of one. The dials spot on but these come with a leather band. I suppose its worth splurging on.... All I've ever had before are 20 dollar casios
Blackbird-A13050-600.jpg

Breitlings are very nice watches. If you buy it, you will love it. I have friends who have done "group buys" of the base model aviator watch and they were in for around $1000. I have a Tissot watch as my first real nice watch and I love it. Check ebay for prices, then buy the watch. If you don't like it, you should easily be able to get your money back.

The ONLY place I've ever even seen one for sale was on a Cruise along with all of the other OVER-PRICED Jewelry they try to con you into buying. Personally, I'd have no desire to own one. They're generally HUGE and most likely don't tell time any better than any other watch. I'm kinda "blue-collar" though and the top of my Watch tree is a $450.00 Tissot. Down thru Luminox and settling on Casio.

Yah, I'm an fairly frugal guy so the thought of spending 200 bucks on something non-essential is hard to swallow. But from what little I've read the similar watch sells for around 3,000'used. So If I get buyers remorse it shouldn't be hard to get my money back out of it.

Generally they are huge. Pilot watches were generally made larger so you can see the chrono or second hand easier for navigation purposes. Now a days a 20'dollar digital casio with backlight does a good job too.

i would get a crash test dummy involved in this venture......or a retired skydiver, maybe the most intereting man on the interweb....me BOLTRIPPER.....hey by the way you forgot my last birthday.......and christmas too for that matter....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pilot watches are generally made larger to match the pilot's ego. </div></div>Breitling and Rolex are for people who wear watches for other people who know nothing about watches. Patek Phillipe is for people who appreciate watches. Myself, I enjoy my Schaffhausen. Nobody knows what it is, which makes me happy because then they don't ask me about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Breitling and Rolex are for people who wear watches for other people who know nothing about watches. Patek Phillipe is for people who appreciate watches.</div></div>

Casio Pathfinders are for people who want to know the time, pressure, temperature, and direction.
laugh.gif

Most watches which cost more than $300 are jewelry. Nothing wrong with that - I wear jewelry all the time and a watch only when I'm working - but there are lots of cheaper ways if you just want to know the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would get a crash test dummy involved in this venture......or a retired skydiver, maybe the most intereting man on the interweb....me BOLTRIPPER.....hey by the way you forgot my last birthday.......and christmas too for that matter.... </div></div>

After that photo of yor gams floating out of the sky, I can see why. Honestly I considered emailing you for a new keyboard.
grin.gif

I have one a word to the wise beware it will need maintenance
figure every other year at about 300 bucks .

Buy the watch and don't look back. They work and are cool and have a very good resale value. Trust Me.

I did end up grabbing one.

Its not something I would have ever thought of purchasing otherwise but for the price I guess it would almost have been dumb not too.