• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Watch Out For Bang It Ammo On-Line Ammo Dealer

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
Atlanta Ga
They require a copy of your Drivers License once order is placed, if you cancel they keep 25% of order....

They require a copy of your Drivers License once order is placed, if you cancel they keep 25% of order....
Where have you bought ammo online that does not require a copy of your drivers license?

LAX ammo, Palmetto State didn't require DL with last order. That may have changed as it was around 18 months back.

Drivers license or 03 FFL is standard. Don't like it then shop local.

Midwayusa and SGAmmo have Never required ID or any other Proof of Verification.

I order from businesses with a different SOP. There is usually a requirement to check a box verifying I am 21 years of age or older.

Every place I have ordered from for reloading supplies (primer & powder) has not required a DL. When ordering 22 LR from Midway, they did not either.

However, every place has required an 'over 21' box to be checked on their web page plus an adult signature upon delivery.

I would not send a copy of my DL over the Internet. With all the identity theft going on, it's not the best idea.

Find a place that doesn't require a copy of your DL, or buy locally.

Every place I have ordered from for reloading supplies (primer & powder) has not required a DL. When ordering 22 LR from Midway, they did not either.

However, every place has required an 'over 21' box to be checked on their web page plus an adult signature upon delivery.

I would not send a copy of my DL over the Internet. With all the identity theft going on, it's not the best idea.

Find a place that doesn't require a copy of your DL, or buy locally.

If you block/remove your DL number. There is no ID theft issue.
The DL requirement, in most cases is a state law and I does give the seller CYA.
LG

Wow-First post and your slam'n folks.
Never bought ammo on line, have you?
DL is SOP to prove age and address. You can block out your DL number.
Put your tin-foil hat away--
LG

Not to mention he has been a registered for some time now.

As for DL as SOP, maybe for some places, others require the click here box while others require you to sign a sheet of paper and fax it to them. Many different places have many different policies. Either way if you do not like it, move on and find another place. With the .com days now upon us, the next supplier is only a click away, ad of course there is your local stores.

Hello,

I'm Nick, the owner of bangitammo.com. The post above is completely correct. We do cancel orders and charge a fee for a cancelled order. We do not hide that and you cannot
check out unless you have read and agree to that. This is also clearly posted under our terms for the world to see. I would also be happy to email a screen shot of that screen
if anyone wants to see how boldly this appears on that page. Honestly, you would have to have your eyes closed to miss it. This is no secret by any stretch.

So, one would have to ask themselves, why would you order something knowing that you are going to get asked to prove your age and then request your order to be cancelled?
Then bounce around the internet, creating new accounts or posting in accounts that you have never posted once in before just to bash a pro-gun company.
Seems pretty odd to me.

This is the 4th post by this same individual that we have found. This is actually the only one that has not included a bunch of complete nonsense like us being a front for the ATF. Hilarious!
My guess is this guy is an anti-gunner or a blogger working for one of our competitors. I think it's naive to think that does not go on in the industry we operate in.

In addition to his post, unless you live in states that have funky rules like IL, NY, MASS, NJ or CT (which we-unlike many retailers do sell to) it is deleted as
soon as your age is verified. We also offer an encrypted website that allows for an upload for folks who are concerned about security.

Below is a link to our website that explains why we charge a cancellation fee and also the age verification.
As you may or may not know, just for starters retailers pay a fee of anywhere from 2-4 points on every transaction.
That fee along with others, go directly to the credit card processor. This does not come back when you cancel an order.

In addition, we immediately box orders as why wouldn't we? We only sell what is in stock and we expect people to want
it. From start to finish, there are costs involved in running a store. Just keeping the store running in terms of IT costs is
unreal to say the least. None of this is free so why wouldn't a retailer charge someone for using their resources and renting
ammo for 10 days? I can think of at least a dozen retailers that also have cancellation fees in line with ours for ammunition
purchases.

Anyways, here is a link to our terms and conditions clearly explaining the rules we follow:

Terms and Conditions | BangItAmmo.com

Ultimately, the federal law is very clear on this age piece. Since we have no plans to hang out in a federal prison for selling ammunition to a 15 year old
we are going to keep asking for age proof on your first order. I'm honestly shocked that other companies are rolling the dice and hoping the ATF doesn't start
enforcing this law. Besides, how can a company ask a minor to check a box and think they have no liability if something happens? Last time I checked, minors
cannot enter into a contract. Using that logic, why don't stores that sell booze have kids initial something on their way out with their bottle of booze?
Gee, I wonder? This crappy law seems to just leave the door open for the feds to come down on anyone, at any time and shut them down. It wouldn't take
a rocket scientist to imagine ATF asking a 15 year old to pose as an adult and try to buy ammo. YIKES!

What ammo retailer wants to be on the receiving end of that?

Anyways, I'm around most days and would be happy to answer any questions folks might have or discuss this. Feel free to shoot me an email or drop me a line.

As promised, here is some additional information from our site:

Age Verification
Age Verification | BangItAmmo.com

Why does BangItAmmo.com perform age verification and what is the law?

The first and foremost reason we perform age verification is that it is required by Federal Law. Of course then, this process is applied to every state in the country.
Secondly, we operate in a virtual environment which means we cannot physically see the purchaser to make a judgment call on their age and whether or not we should ask for identification.
Finally, we feel it our civic duty as law abiding gun enthusiasts to police ourselves to prevent potential problems from occurring. The more we do this, the less likely there will be reasons
for meddlesome politicians to take it upon themselves to impose stricter laws on all of us.

A little something from our friends at the NRA! (NRA-ILA | federalammunitionregulation2012)

"And as with sales of other regulated products, online retailers take practical measures to verify the age of shoppers—usually by requiring a copy of the buyer’s driver’s license and requiring an adult signature for delivery of the package."

So what do I need to do to be compliant?

Most people simply send a photo of their driver’s license but any state or federal issued ID, FFL, Military ID or CWP that shows your name and date of birth will suffice. You can scan and email it, take a photo and or send with an iPhone, etc. We recommend that you blot out your photo and ID# number as we do not need to see either of them. We just need to see your date of birth and name match the purchasing information. Most people do this with a piece of paper or tape. The fastest way to get this to us is via email. Simply email it back to: [email protected]

We also offer a secure upload section on our website for those wishing to submit their Age Verification
using 128-bit SSL. Just contact us by email for the link and upload password.

The section of Federal Law we are following states:

(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver -
(1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age;

The complete law can be found under:

US CODES:

Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, Section 922
18 U.S.C. § 922 : US Code – Section 922: Unlawful acts

Feel free to review this yourself.