• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We are being lied to

One cool thing regarding nutrition vs activity you can separate your "daily nutrition" (which is what you have been describing) and "training/race nutrition". They can and should be completely separate (once your no longer trying to change body composition / lose weight). Meaning while your training at a high level for anything over 1 hour and your body composition is good you can eat the "shit" with no ill effect.
Exactly. What I eat just before and while I work out doesn't look anything like what I eat the rest of the day. I probably take in 50 grams of sugar/fast carbs for a 45 minute to an hour lifting session, and the rest of the day the only carbs I will take in is 1/2 cup dry of oatmeal.

One cool thing regarding nutrition vs activity you can separate your "daily nutrition" (which is what you have been describing) and "training/race nutrition". They can and should be completely separate (once your no longer trying to change body composition / lose weight). Meaning while your training at a high level for anything over 1 hour and your body composition is good you can eat the "shit" with no ill effect.

My goal is health. Weight loss was just a side benefit but granted everyone is better at 20 pounds lighter.

My workouts are have become less about growth more about low impact/body weight resistance/practical movement.

If I am "over taxing" myself its usually related to a hike in the White Mountains.

My goal is health. Weight loss was just a side benefit but granted everyone is better at 20 pounds lighter.

My workouts are have become less about growth more about low impact/body weight resistance/practical movement.

If I am "over taxing" myself its usually related to a hike in the White Mountains.
I love the Whites! Do you ever get up into Maine? Grafton Notch is great so are the Bigelows! My daughters and I spend a lot of time out there.

I love the Whites! Do you ever get up into Maine? Grafton Notch is great so are the Bigelows! My daughters and I spend a lot of time out there.

Only thing I ever hiked in Maine was Katahdin via Knife Edge just after I left USMC.

Id love to get the fams across that, Knife Edge was fantastic.

Last time we were up NH we did Webster-Jackson Loop....

1611864423873.png

From the arrow to 1 to Mizpah Hut than back to 302 via Crawford Path. Awesome hike.

If you havent stayed at Eagle Mountain House in Jackson its one of my new favorites up there. The facilities are a bit dated but great bar, and hanging out on the porch in rocking chair drinking is the main entertainment. Easy walk along the river to Jackson for some good breakfast in the AM.

Been doing Keto shit for three years now....have not had a bad meal.

Every time I go for a physical and the nurse prescreens me she always asks "To describe your diet would you say low fat, medium fat or high fat?" To which I answer "All fat" just to hear her grown with disgust.

My doctor looks at me as a lab rat.

Happy to oblige her

View attachment 7539537

View attachment 7539538

Dump the carbs and sugar.......forget the FDA.......they want you dead.

Eat your eggs and steak fat along with a lot of green vegetables, nuts and low glycemic fruit.

Tommorow snacks and lunch....

View attachment 7539541

View attachment 7539540

View attachment 7539543

How would you like a mouthful of my nuts.....

View attachment 7539542
There is a lot of shit the FDA has lied about for a really long time. Just another worthless gov agency that needs to be completely abolished

I'm actually not sure it matters exactly which approach you take as long as you track your intakes, and figure out what works for your body. I am lucky that my wife tracks everything for each meal. Calories, macros, some more granular measures. It is a lot harder to go wrong when you know what is going in.

It is not dissimilar from anything else body related. Some people just have better reactions to different inputs. There is no law of nature that sets of five are going to be the best for any individual, but after doing things for a while, and keeping notes, it gets pretty easy to see what your body likes, be it food, exercise or sleep. It is not rocket science.

And yes, the FDA sucks, but as I have mentioned elsewhere, a lot of the suck in dietary recommendations is political pressure to come up with an "ideal" diet that poor people can afford. I tend to eat a ton of deer, elk and beef, but that isn't exactly a diet for somebody who is on the welfare and lives in a city, so you get the garbage RDAs we get.

Balance your macronutrients to meet your goals. No trans-fats, eschew simple carbs, eat clean proteins (for me that excludes soy). Depending on your goals, do carb/protein/fat percentages such as 50/30/20 (just an example).

Reasonable amount of exercise daily (don't pound your joints if you're over 50, you'll regret it ask me how I know).

You can turn yourself into a science project (read Tom Venuto's books) or you can just use common sense + a little nutrition education.

If you work like an 18 year old farmhand, you can eat like an 18 year old farmhand. Otherwise, balance your intake and calorie expenditures to match your lifestyle.

The body is a bio machine that responds to input/output like any other machine. Don't put more gas in the tank than you use.

Eat several small (balanced macronutrient) meals rather than three large ones, to keeps your insulin levels from spiking and eliminate hunger pangs. Don't starve. Give yourself occasional cheat days.

Oh and the government says wear a mask/don't wear a mask (sorry I couldn't help myself!).

Reactions: Bender
We've been on KETO for about a year now. Strict at first (20g carbs or less/day) but I'm more "low carb" at this point. I dropped 20 lbs in a few months and now I just hover at my goal weight. I missed sandwiches.. We found some really good tortilla wraps, but I really missed hot, toasted sandwiches. We found this bread a few weeks ago and its delicious, at least when toasted.

1612127929449.jpeg

Reactions: Bender