• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We got a blizzard here...

Re: We got a blizzard here...

Hasn't really "snowed" in the Tulsa area this year. I would really like to see a nice 3-4" blanket before the winter ends.

sounds like fun ... Hey I have a question that I really never thought about. what are the effects on a bullet shooting in snow? is it more or less like rain?

I've got 31" of it right now at my house and it's still falling...

Lucky bastard... we get like 5-6" a year here if we're lucky.

It was in the 60's here three days ago....wish it would fall a little at a time over the winter instead of all at once!

I mowed my grass and lit the BBQ pit last weekend. Not much winter happening down here. Supposed to be 74 today.

-6°C and in some places wind is @180kmh in gusts
smile.gif
snow will start during the night and tomorrow...

Should be fun night...

We got a dusting here in AZ last night and it's trying a bit today but supposed to clear out and be nice for the weekend. Enjoy your snow Frank I will send the little bit here up there for you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">send it all to Iowa! </div></div>

NO! Don't say that! I'm perfectly happy with how winter has been going so far here.

send some of it to CT, I miss it a little even after last year when we were measuring it in feet

Lovin' it here in Westminster, CO!!

Snow falling on the lake, a fire in the fireplace, bison/deer stew in the crockpot, geese outside flying around, ordering a new stock and another rifle, girlfriend snowed in too, and best of all...

NO FREAKIN' WORK TODAY!!!

I look at Longs peak right out my front door (14er for you non colorado folks) I am right up against the mountains where they start out of the ground, we have a solid 18in here and heavy and wet. lots of wind and deep drifts, great for my hay fields.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's over a foot, I haven't' ventured out yet.. </div></div>

I'm just up the street from you and just ran out to the store. The side streets are sloppy but the main roads are fine. Might as well go supplies now 'cus it's supposed to snow for the next few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-6°C and in some places wind is @180kmh in gusts
smile.gif

Should be fun night... </div></div>

Sounds like its time to move!

Loving the snow and having the office closed! The new puppy is loving plowing through it. Cracks me up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-6°C and in some places wind is @180kmh in gusts
smile.gif

Should be fun night... </div></div>

Sounds like its time to move! </div></div>

To Belize or the Virgin Islands. Never see the "White Headache" there.

Due to snow over here this weekend, about time we've hardly had any this year. Blummin cold.

Real time wind data from highway. Not so bad now but it will pickup towards morning. Still pretty usual for that location (huge hill chain dropping directly down causing severe winds). Sure makes drying meet easy (pork or deer rear leg dried and salted mmmm...) and if you happen to go in direction of the wind you can easily run 10 miles, you won't be tired one bit but getting back might be tricky
smile.gif

Still not much snow yet too bad was hoping for some this winter was way to hot up to now...

The wife and I came within an inch of buying our retirement home in south east Wyoming last summer but opted to go south. I was woke up this morning by the guy next door running his weed eater. Winter sucks in south east Georgia

It's warm enough even here in Denver, and the winter has been extremely mild, most days average about 50 and when it does snow its gone pretty fast everywhere but the shadows.

It doesn't get much rain here, in fact it barely rains, I think 10 days a year, if that. So I would hate to live in the heat and humidity of the south.

the snow is actually pretty awesome, it cleans everything up, quiets the streets, and really there is no reason to venture out if you don't want too.

I find the changes good without inconveniencing me too much, besides, I would have a bit of snow in the winter than days of humidity and rain in spring and summer, here I don't have to sweat bad weather.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEWMYfcg1o8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEWMYfcg1o8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

This year has been something else here in PA. We had a noreaster (sp?) come through here around Halloween and that's really the most snow we've had all year.

We did have a nice snow storm here a few months back, early December if I recall, but it's been a real mild winter. One cold week below freezing and the rest has been mid 30's to mid 40's.

My heating bill thanks La Nina!

So, Lowlight, what sort of adapters are you puting on your bipod to keep it from sinking down into the snow????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sleepymonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys can have your snow. It's been a shorts and flip flops winter here.</div></div>

Yupp

Snow here is like having wildfires in antarctica.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It doesn't get much rain here, in fact it barely rains, I think 10 days a year, if that. So I would hate to live in the heat and humidity of the south.
</div></div>

I'm now going to collect the rain in containers and mail them to your ass... Does anyone know if there's a mail carrier service that will open a package and toss the contents over someone for extra $$$?

20 miles north of Albany N.Y. and my yard is still green! 1 inch snow falls about 3 times so far this winter. Gone the next day. It was 61 Degrees on Wednesday. Best winter I can remember in a long time.

Killer Spade 13, maybe he's got skis on the bottom of his bi-pod.

Moved to Mt. to get out of all the heat and what goes with it. We are short on
snow and cold this winter. Bad avalanche season as well in the hills. 3 Months of
summer is plenty of bugs and boating.

We were supposed to get a foot of snow, we have had two foot of wind and one inch of snow.

No snow here in costa rica....but the rum is strong and I may have stumbled past it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We were supposed to get a foot of snow, we have had two foot of wind and one inch of snow.</div></div>

Same here but inch in the width not height
smile.gif
... wanted to try xDrive so i guess no luck yet
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fadin' fast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 20 miles north of Albany N.Y. and my yard is still green! 1 inch snow falls about 3 times so far this winter. Gone the next day. It was 61 Degrees on Wednesday. Best winter I can remember in a long time.

Killer Spade 13, maybe he's got skis on the bottom of his bi-pod.
</div></div>

I'm a couple hours south of you, but it's the same here. Though we had a foot of snow around HALOWEEN
shocked.gif
, and a half a foot or so a couple weeks back, it's been an extremely mild winter here - still some green grass here too. Truthfully though, after the past couple years where we got way MORE than our fair share, I'm thrilled with this weather!!!

'Course, winter ain't over yet either...
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No snow here in costa rica....but the rum is strong and I may have stumbled past it. </div></div>

Ah yes, Costa Rica. I spent time there in '96'. Lovely place for winter sports; scuba diving, jet skiing, sitting on the beach watching the bikinis go by, eating fresh avacodos and pineapples right off the tree in the back yard. What part are you in?

Sooo... Lowlight if it snows another half inch, would it be too deep for you to venture out??

Please don't ban me.

Damn weather! I've been like a little kid waiting for my Nightforce to arrive...but of course, "delayed by weather". Now I have to wait till monday! I realize I'm whining but I'm just not patient! haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo... Lowlight if it snows another half inch, would it be too deep for you to venture out??

Please don't ban me. </div></div>

I watched Lowlight standing next to my 7ft friend at Shot Show.....(LL Can you even breath up there?)

84 degrees here in Tampa today. Been down right summer like here this winter!

Were getting a thunderstorm at the moment!

Thunder in February!

So you took all the dam snow! Give it back.....this winter has been...well I guess fall never left and were going strait into spring.