• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We got an Enduro .

I rode a Yamaha Enduro when I was 19–20 ish. It was a fun bike to ride around.

The only bike I think I’d ride now days is another enduro, or a Hypermotard. Your boy had good tastes

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Electric start on a dirtbike is the best invention since sliced bread. I’ll never kick start a big bike again, F that! Current dirt rides in the stable.
IMG_4578.jpeg
B0B75972-CE2B-41D8-9D7B-E77BE740FEF0.jpeg

The YZ250x is definitely a deal if you don't mind being without electric start. The KYB suspension valving on them is pretty much adequate for 80% of riders. I fiddled with the stock suspension valving for few rides on my 2019 KTM 300XC when I got it, but ended up revalving with Racetech gold valves to get the compliance for woods riding where I needed it.

Don't pass up a good deal on a used TPI injected KTM or Husky 2-stroke. There are aftermarket injector relocation kits for them. They let you move the injector/s to the throttle body so you can run premix and delete the oil injection. Everyone that has done it claims better throttle response as well.

Reactions: missed
So far of the few dirt bikes I've ridden, and that I liked the best, was a Husqy 610. Mostly because of the crawl speed of the first gear and that the torque made it hard to stall at crawl. It was my friends bike.

I had a Husqy 450 at that time and it was annoying at crawling having to constantly feather the clutch. Otherwise kinda fun.

Both went about 100 mph in top gear.

I forsook motorcycles because I had a bad wreck at 140 mph on track day, also don't like traveling on them, plus my brother also wrecked and almost died.

I need the exercise so I went to E-MTB's because they are quiet and less chance of hurting my old self. Should have a new one coming this week.

I had its little brother back in 2002 but then moved on to 4 strokes the same year. Loved all my smokers though. I think it’s the smell of 927 in the morning I miss the most, Been considering another just for fun. All my shorthairs over the years love posing in front of dads bikes.
7444D4F3-C831-4F49-B4C3-FD77FBD6A93E.jpeg

So my 16 yr old asks for a cheap dirt bike at Christmas . Says he needs some fly time as he plans on buying a bike midsummer . I tell him I've been looking at Super Motors .
How bout a compromise ? Honda XR150L . Street legal and can pull some trail . Convo goes back and forth and we agree . Picked it up last night .
So first time on a cycle in 30+ yrs and in rush hour traffic . 2 A Holes pull out right on top of me and no problem . Everything came back to me . The first turn I pulled gave me a wet spot .
It's light on torque and power as it's a 150 and it's addicting .
Boy got his permit today . We got a lot of work to do . He must have stalled it twenty times trying to pull out in first .
Might have him pull out in 2nd . Able to feed a lot of throttle without pulling front end up .
Anyway we got a bike .
Depending on money next year will either be a used Ducati 698 Hyper Motard or a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM .
IMO, one dad to another, keep him on the dirt and off the street.
Most any of the 4stroke 250’s are great.

IMO, one dad to another, keep him on the dirt and off the street.
Most any of the 4stroke 250’s are great.
x2

I was assaulted EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I rode on the street the last few years I would ride on the street.

More and more drivers are watching their phones and street driving bikes is risky.
I got a Yamaha R6 about 15 years ago, rode it to work a few times, almost got hit by idiots pulling out twice, kept it a couple months and sold it...
Riding on the street is probably comparable to a war zone... no thanks. I prefer off road now. I Drive truck all over the country and bring bikes to ride. Usually bring KTM 300xc for trails but if I know im going to sit in a city for a day i have a DRZ400 i bring that and carefully putt around town or light trails.
xc1.jpg

Because the bike is so light it stops on a dime . It's so nimble that there are ample escape routes . I rode it a few times and encountered all of the same crap yet rode expecting it .
I tell the boy Everytime he goes out " everyone is trying to hit you . Drive accordingly ".
In this first week I've been cut off four times . Douche nozzle hung a left dead on top of me while starin me in the fuckin eye . I expected nothing less .
The funny ones are the guys my age that are pissy and miserable and have some shitty comments to share . Yeah some motherfuckers don't think you should be on the road . Eff em . I love riding and no one's gonna ripple my pond . Comments , cut off and tail gated . Meh still loving it . If it were safe I'd wear flops , shorts & tank/ muscle shirts .

No matter how fast it stops, goes or turns, there's always an unseen dumbass ready to end your riding career. One of the guys I work with spent the last 2 years in a wheelchair and 20+ surgeries and then decided to give up his leg.

It's not just the ones you see or think you can avoid ...

Stay safe and enjoy

Reactions: mrtoyz
I had its little brother back in 2002 but then moved on to 4 strokes the same year. Loved all my smokers though. I think it’s the smell of 927 in the morning I miss the most, Been considering another just for fun. All my shorthairs over the years love posing in front of dads bikes.View attachment 8372334
CR250 is my next resto! Such a fun bike to ride!!! I've ridden many but never owned one.

Because the bike is so light it stops on a dime . It's so nimble that there are ample escape routes . I rode it a few times and encountered all of the same crap yet rode expecting it .
I tell the boy Everytime he goes out " everyone is trying to hit you . Drive accordingly ".
In this first week I've been cut off four times . Douche nozzle hung a left dead on top of me while starin me in the fuckin eye . I expected nothing less .
The funny ones are the guys my age that are pissy and miserable and have some shitty comments to share . Yeah some motherfuckers don't think you should be on the road . Eff em . I love riding and no one's gonna ripple my pond . Comments , cut off and tail gated . Meh still loving it . If it were safe I'd wear flops , shorts & tank/ muscle shirts .
While applaud your persistence, it only takes one time for you to not be on point. Just sayin.
Been there done that. All done.
Been on rides with 2 deaths and on site for one additional as well as a hand full of crashes broken bikes, bones and one paraplegic.
It took me quite few years to give it up. Don’t miss it a bit, minus the occasional country road. lol. Dirt has all the fun, better views, plus fitness. Love it.

Update .
Man was riding a bike lost on me in my youth . Lakes , creeks , the Delaware River etc . Wow .
Already at my 600 mile service . Changed the oil already at 100 and I'll do it again . Valve clearance and pivot points = me .
Finding that I need more HP . Would love the CRF450L but ain't partin with 10 grand for it . Think I'll pick up the XR650L this time next year . Prices are retarded on bikes , probably cuz ridin season is afoot .
Haven't slung any dirt or mud yet and thinking about heading up to lost trails in Pa . . 40 bucks ride all day in the mountains . Some water crossings as I understand . Funny how maturity keeps one from just grabbin dirt at first sight . Or fines suck .
Looking at Shenandoah National Park Adventure Ride . Going to get the hitch mounted cycle carrier . Bike is 278lbs IIRC and Blue Ridge Skyline Drive is 35 mph .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.04.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.04.50 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.06.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.06.43 PM.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
TE has cushy trail suspension, lights, and oil injection.

TX is the cross country racer, firmer suspension, no oil injection, and no lights.

Both have map switches so there's standard and soft. Soft is great for mud and wet rocks. I think the last time I saw dyno sheets the TE is 58hp and the TX was 62hp.

So I'd buy on suspension over everything. That will be the most expensive thing to change.

I personally am looking for a TX because I'm dumb enough to race a few weekends a year. If all I did was putt around with my kids I'd go with the TE as the more mild mannered choice.
I found a 2019 TX300 a year or so ago with only 7 hours on her:cool: This was the last year for the carb. Ended up putting a Lectron on and this thing is much more of a handful even down low than the 2019 XC-W that I had for a year. I'm getting old and as you say it's much more of a desert racer than slow trail/enduro riding. It's a blast, but hold on when on the pipe!!
I threw lights on it and got it street legal....Amazing bike!
TX.jpg

Scan0020 (2).jpg
Scan0022 (2).jpg

Top pic is my '94 ATK 605 when new. Getting ready for it's first GP at Perris Raceway, Lake Elsinore. Ca..
Bottom pic is my new '93 Honda CR250 on it's first desert break-in run in El Centro/Plaster City desert, near the Sultan Sea, in Ca.. Raced a '89 CR500 most of the time (had a local Honda/Yamaha dealer sponsor me at the time), and decided to try a 250. Back in my "Young and WFO" days. Good times for sure. Mac:cool:

I don’t want to brag but I had a 75 DT175, and an early 90s XR250.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I found a 2019 TX300 a year or so ago with only 7 hours on her:cool: This was the last year for the carb. Ended up putting a Lectron on and this thing is much more of a handful even down low than the 2019 XC-W that I had for a year. I'm getting old and as you say it's much more of a desert racer than slow trail/enduro riding. It's a blast, but hold on when on the pipe!!
I threw lights on it and got it street legal....Amazing bike!
View attachment 8385190
I pretty much have the KTM twin to your bike - a 2019 300XC. After fiddling with the stock Mikuni carb for a while, I went with a Lectron Billetron carb, too. After getting the needle height spot on for idle and off idle transition right, I noticed after some trail riding at 1/4-1/3 throttle that return to idle was a little hanging and slow, indicative of a touch lean. It ran great everywhere else across the throttle range. I contacted Lectron about this little lean issue, and they mentioned a trade up program to their Pro Series Billetron. The Pro Series has an adjustable torque jet that can add a little extra fuel at about 1/4 throttle which solved my issue with just a 1/2 turn out on it. The trade up program offered a $600 trade in on the original Billetron toward their $700 Pro Series.

I run a Gnarly pipe, red PV spring, and the PV governor dolly screw flush with the housing. James Dean of JD Jetting has always found the most linear power delivery from a 300 somewhere between flush and 1 turn in on the dolly screw. Factory is often about 1-1/2 turns in. When I get around to doing a top end in about 20 more hours, I'll go with an aftermarket head to tighten up the loose factory squish band but not increase compression. I had shaved the stock head on an earlier 2004 300, and it was the best bang for the buck performance and driveability gain by far. I did have to mix a little high octane fuel to avoid some mild pipe bang above 65 degrees on that one.

I pretty much have the KTM twin to your bike - a 2019 300XC. After fiddling with the stock Mikuni carb for a while, I went with a Lectron Billetron carb, too. After getting the needle height spot on for idle and off idle transition right, I noticed after some trail riding at 1/4-1/3 throttle that return to idle was a little hanging and slow, indicative of a touch lean. It ran great everywhere else across the throttle range. I contacted Lectron about this little lean issue, and they mentioned a trade up program to their Pro Series Billetron. The Pro Series has an adjustable torque jet that can add a little extra fuel at about 1/4 throttle which solved my issue with just a 1/2 turn out on it. The trade up program offered a $600 trade in on the original Billetron toward their $700 Pro Series.

I run a Gnarly pipe, red PV spring, and the PV governor dolly screw flush with the housing. James Dean of JD Jetting has always found the most linear power delivery from a 300 somewhere between flush and 1 turn in on the dolly screw. Factory is often about 1-1/2 turns in. When I get around to doing a top end in about 20 more hours, I'll go with an aftermarket head to tighten up the loose factory squish band but not increase compression. I had shaved the stock head on an earlier 2004 300, and it was the best bang for the buck performance and driveability gain by far. I did have to mix a little high octane fuel to avoid some mild pipe bang above 65 degrees on that one.
Your bike must have incredible power with the mods you mentioned here. I'm not even running the red spring and mine is plenty of bike for what I do.
I have the older Lectron and it's not a cadidate for the trade up program, but they did send me at no charge 3 new metering rods to try when I was dialing in the carb. I ended up using the 5-1 unit and she really runs good.

View attachment 8385316View attachment 8385319
Top pic is my '94 ATK 605 when new. Getting ready for it's first GP at Perris Raceway, Lake Elsinore. Ca..
Bottom pic is my new '93 Honda CR250 on it's first desert break-in run in El Centro/Plaster City desert, near the Sultan Sea, in Ca.. Raced a '89 CR500 most of the time (had a local Honda/Yamaha dealer sponsor me at the time), and decided to try a 250. Back in my "Young and WFO" days. Good times for sure. Mac:cool:
I had those axo boots when I was a kid in black. I wonder what ever happened to axo? Probably sold out or something.

Reactions: 10ring'r
View attachment 8385316View attachment 8385319
Nice pink and white CR.....

• Haha
I had those axo boots when I was a kid in black. I wonder what ever happened to axo? Probably sold out or something.
Gear and bike were new. My dealer/sponsor, would set me up with new sh$t twice a season. Bike would be at "cost", and gear would be thrown in on the deal. AXO, in my opinion, was comfortable and durable. I wore other brand names, also (Oneil and Scott) .
Mac

Last edited:
I had a 94 CR125 just a handful of trips to the desert that flame or fire red Honda plastic was pink.

I still have a Canon AE-1 somewhere around here

I had a 94 CR125 just a handful of trips to the desert that flame or fire red Honda plastic was pink.

I still have a Canon AE-1 somewhere around here
Yep. I've still got it stashed in a drawer, somewhere in my house. Might have to hock it some day. Mac

Your bike must have incredible power with the mods you mentioned here. I'm not even running the red spring and mine is plenty of bike for what I do.
I have the older Lectron and it's not a cadidate for the trade up program, but they did send me at no charge 3 new metering rods to try when I was dialing in the carb. I ended up using the 5-1 unit and she really runs good.
Don't be scared of the red spring. My 1st gen Lectron on my old 2004 300 worked very well with the red spring. I can't stand abrupt peaky power as I'm a tight quarters eastern woods rider. I value driveability quality over arm jerking raw power that just tires you out. Coming out some on the dolly screw from the factory setting lets the power valve start opening at a lower rpm so that it isn't such a big abrupt hit in power once the revs get up. Both my old 300 and my 2019 300 XC have torquey linear power deliveries with an easily predictable transistion into the happy spot of the pipe. I can finesse traction up a loose hill without any surprises. The Lectron, red spring, and the dolly between flush and one turn in will be the most linear power delivery combo you will find.

Reactions: Trophy Case