• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We lost a good man today...

ਜੋ ਅਾਇਅਾ ਸੋ ਚਲਸੀ ਸਭੁ ਕੋੲੀ ਅਾੲੀ ਵਾਰੀਅੈ ॥
jo aa-i-aa so chalsee sa bh ko-ee aa-ee vaaree-ai.
Whoever has come, shall depart; all shall have their turn.

1587757253183.png

Wow.
I had no idea he was facing health challenges, at least not to that extent.
Obviously, I had never met Veer, but you get a peek into people's personality over years on boards like this.....so you feel like you knew him even if you did not.
Terrible to hear. I will definitely be praying for his family.

He had briefly talked about some issues that he had been facing since last year, when he went for a long time without posting and some members decided to do a wellness check. I think he had chronic issues and required advanced treatments at times, hence his absence from the site during various periods.

Rest In Peace PATRIOT... Veer is a PATRIOT and a staunch defender of the ideals that we all hold so dearly and he must be remembered as such. Prayers and well wishes for his family and friends too who are going through this tough time of losing a loved one.

Last edited:
Veer and I had our Ups and Downs over the years and shared PMs so I knew he as not well from a PM a couple of weeks ago but didn't realize it was this bad.

Only Veer would know where this comes from but,
In the Mourning, I will be in my garden, towel in hand, praying for you Veer.

Can anybody post an obituary for him? Foul Mike

This saddens me beyond words. I was a newbie on here (not a member yet) when the whole Paparock thing went down and he is one of the first people I saw as “elder statesmen” of humor and depth on The Hide, along with Theis, 308Pirate, and a few others on that thread.

I laughed so hard with his Paparock citation that I nearly died. He was an original and one-of-a-kind. He will be greatly missed, though I did not know him personally. RIP Veer. Prayers for his family sent.

Holy freaking crap. I opened this thinking it was a joke, or maybe a local LEO, or something along those lines. I had to read the OP several times to make sure I read it right!

Veer was a staple here. A part of the foundation. Maybe not a founding member per se, but he may as well have been!

Veer, we never met in person, but I had a great respect for you for a variety of reasons. Rest in peace, may God bless your family as they honor your life, and when the time comes, I look forward to shaking your hand and putting a name to a face!

We are diminished.

RIP Veer,

Definitely a class act, will be sorely be missed on this site and without a doubt in everyone's life that knew him.

May God's grace fall upon him and guide him to the promised land.

This is horrible....I didn't know he was Sikh!

Too soon?

Buddy.... that is the best sendoff he could have wanted! Because he would not have wanted tears shed over his passing. He would have wanted us to remember him for his wit, intelligence, faith and patriotism.

RIP, Veer!

Sirhr

Ah, this is sad to read,

I have been so preoccupied I didn't bother to check this thread but now reading it, that is sad to read,

I was never quite sure where he fit in on here, but the Bear Pit was clearly his home. If the stats are correct he signed up on here in 2008 and was always on. He had 13,000 posts so he was a big contributor to this site.

Rest in Peace,

Sikh Scripture, this prayer from Guru Ramdas: “O Divine, you are the True Creator and my Divine Master. Whatever you please is what comes to pass, and whatever you give is what I receive.

We received a lot of good from this Man.

Sikhi views death as a part of life and the Divine Order (hukam). According to Sikh traditions, death is not a time for mourning, but instead a time for gathering, remembering, and celebrating. Community members traditionally respond to the death of one of their members by organizing worship services in which people come together to praise the Divine and reflect on the life of the individual who passed away.