• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We lost a good man today...

RIP good Sir and condolences to his family. Based off this thread and what little interaction I had with him in this site, we know the answer to question #1.

Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death
they would be asked two questions
and their answers would determine
whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife.
The first question was, "Did you bring joy?"
The second was, "Did you find joy?"
-Leo Buscaglia

SHIT!!!
Hate to lose one of the good guys always enjoyed his humor in the pit. Rest in peace my condolences and prayers to the family.

Reactions: TACC
Well, can finally see the monitor and keyboard without losing my shit, for now.

We lost a really good man. A man that has been my friend for 9 yrs. To say we 'hit it off' would be an understatement. After lurking on here for years I decided to jump in. He was one of the guys on the site that you just knew had an incredible back story, and yes, his wit was razor sharp. Most all those guys are gone, one way or the other, and now this.

Chip was kinda a hard nut to crack. I PM'd him outta the blue after us commenting in a couple threads. He definitely was not shy when it came to being naughty, so we ended up making a sport of it. Today is the 3rd day I haven't heard from him. We were in contact damn near every day. PM's, texts, phone calls, video chat's, snaps, you name it.

This has been a 20 something year struggle with heart disease, and a host of other issues. Things just kept getting worse and worse. He couldn't cut a break. I can't imagine how hard it was for him as his health declined, then throw in some accidents here and there, which he never recovered from, and then being bed and chair bound with little chance of ever walking freely again. I can't imagine. And that's just another reason I did my best to be there for him. Hell, I'd call him thinking I was gonna get a word in edge wise. Ya, that didn't happen. Not very often. He'd call me to see how I was doing, then yack for an hour or two and my entire input would be "ya", "uh huh", "right", "really", "what", "wow", then all of a sudden he's gotta go or done with "OUR" conversation! LMAO Ok Chip, talk to you later.........

Pretty complex guy actually. Extremely smart, holds all kinds of credentials, he did speak like 5 languages, for the record he has 2 Sons from his previous marriage, he was all that. Our world is diminished without him. So much knowledge lost at the blink of an eye. But he's at rest, and he sure as hell deserves it.

I sent a snap on Thursday in regards to some things we were doing for him. His wife answered for him. They were on their way to Hospital due to yet more complications and she told me to hold off on the things we were putting together for him/them. I knew this trip wasn't good. The last month saw him declining yet ever more. The last week or so was not kind to him. While I was out in the shop with my 2 Sons painting a Stock, Chip was taking his last breaths in the last place he wanted to be. Couped up in Hospital. I woke up yesterday and seen I had a text from his wife. I thought I was going to throw up. She actually took the time to apologize to me for telling me in this manner. Can you imagine that? You just lost your Husband, Best Friend, Confidant, and you're apologizing for the manner in which you're informing a friend of his friends demise. THAT right there shows the kinda character he and his wife possess.

I've been in contact with his lovely wife, back and forth a bit, and we will continue to do so due to marching orders he's left for me, promises I've made, and what he's told his wife he wants me to do for him/them. I'm gladly at their service.

Chip will have a very small, very short service this week. This COVID thing has screwed up so many peoples activity, and it has placed restrictions on his service and number of attendees. When the COVID restrictions are lifted he will have a Memorial Service near State College, PA where his ashes will be spread at his request.

Godspeed Chip !! You will be greatly missed. I enjoyed our skulduggery together, teaming up to do the most childish crap for a laugh. Rest in peace Brother and know, you will never be forgotten.

We lost a really good man. A man that has been my friend for 9 yrs. To say we 'hit it off' would be an understatement. After lurking on here for years I decided to jump in. He was one of the guys on the site that you just knew had an incredible back story, and yes, his wit was razor sharp. Most all those guys are gone, one way or the other, and now this.

Chip was kinda a hard nut to crack. I PM'd him outta the blue after us commenting in a couple threads. He definitely was not shy when it came to being naughty, so we ended up making a sport of it. Today is the 3rd day I haven't heard from him. We were in contact damn near every day. PM's, texts, phone calls, video chat's, snaps, you name it.

This has been a 20 something year struggle with heart disease, and a host of other issues. Things just kept getting worse and worse. He couldn't cut a break. I can't imagine how hard it was for him as his health declined, then throw in some accidents here and there, which he never recovered from, and then being bed and chair bound with little chance of ever walking freely again. I can't imagine. And that's just another reason I did my best to be there for him. Hell, I'd call him thinking I was gonna get a word in edge wise. Ya, that didn't happen. Not very often. He'd call me to see how I was doing, then yack for an hour or two and my entire input would be "ya", "uh huh", "right", "really", "what", "wow", then all of a sudden he's gotta go or done with "OUR" conversation! LMAO Ok Chip, talk to you later.........

Pretty complex guy actually. Extremely smart, holds all kinds of credentials, he did speak like 5 languages, for the record he has 2 Sons from his previous marriage, he was all that. Our world is diminished without him. So much knowledge lost at the blink of an eye. But he's at rest, and he sure as hell deserves it.

I sent a snap on Thursday in regards to some things we were doing for him. His wife answered for him. They were on their way to Hospital due to yet more complications and she told me to hold off on the things we were putting together for him/them. I knew this trip wasn't good. The last month saw him declining yet ever more. The last week or so was not kind to him. While I was out in the shop with my 2 Sons painting a Stock, Chip was taking his last breaths in the last place he wanted to be. Couped up in Hospital. I woke up yesterday and seen I had a text from his wife. I thought I was going to throw up. She actually took the time to apologize to me for telling me in this manner. Can you imagine that? You just lost your Husband, Best Friend, Confidant, and you're apologizing for the manner in which you're informing a friend of his friends demise. THAT right there shows the kinda character he and his wife possess.

I've been in contact with his lovely wife, back and forth a bit, and we will continue to do so due to marching orders he's left for me, promises I've made, and what he's told his wife he wants me to do for him/them. I'm gladly at their service.

Chip will have a very small, very short service this week. This COVID thing has screwed up so many peoples activity, and it has placed restrictions on his service and number of attendees. When the COVID restrictions are lifted he will have a Memorial Service near State College, PA where his ashes will be spread at his request.

Godspeed Chip !! You will be greatly missed. I enjoyed our skulduggery together, teaming up to do the most childish crap for a laugh. Rest in peace Brother and know, you will never be forgotten.

Thanks for sharing. It really helped me to understand Veer a bit better than I did before.

Thanks James...... (y) (y) (y) :cry:

Thanks for sharing. It really helped me to understand Veer a bit better than I did before.

He was very cautious, guarded if you will. Like I said, tough nut to crack. Here's how the friendship got going. I PM'd him as I stated above. I didn't know that he had had some kinda psycho stalker off another site trying to befriend him. Turns out that guy was a nut job and ended up going postal. So here this Noob on here gets ahold of him and sez wuzzup, blah blah blah and I sign off with 'Larry'. He finally comes back with a short note and that's it. I'm like hmmmm, come on Jimmy, let's have some fun at some asshats expense. And off to work we went. Hell, he wouldn't share so much his name, first name even, for like a year or 2 I think. So I kept messing with him in posts and PM's cuz he was funny as hell how he went upon his bizzness. The serious stuff AND the funny stuff. It became a challenge to crack the nut. Geezus, next thing I know I've got 4 Philly Cheesesteaks at my doorstep. He PM's me and sez these are real good, even for frozen, but you gotta get over here for the real deal. He was still mobile then.

Never got the chance to shake his hand. That was suppose to happen end of next month during a vacation block I set aside to run over there if this COVID thing cleared up a bit. The man had a heart of gold. Believe me when I say, his mantra was always "Others First". Would never let anyone do anything for him without a fight. I finally broke him down a few weeks ago to accept something from some of his friends. That concerned me because he finally gave in. I guess the writing was on the wall at that point, but I sure didn't want to believe it.

He was very cautious, guarded if you will. Like I said, tough nut to crack. Here's how the friendship got going. I PM'd him as I stated above. I didn't know that he had had some kinda psycho stalker off another site trying to befriend him. Turns out that guy was a nut job and ended up going postal. So here this Noob on here gets ahold of him and sez wuzzup, blah blah blah and I sign off with 'Larry'. He finally comes back with a short note and that's it. I'm like hmmmm, come on Jimmy, let's have some fun at some asshats expense. And off to work we went. Hell, he wouldn't share so much his name, first name even, for like a year or 2 I think. So I kept messing with him in posts and PM's cuz he was funny as hell how he went upon his bizzness. The serious stuff AND the funny stuff. It became a challenge to crack the nut. Geezus, next thing I know I've got 4 Philly Cheesesteaks at my doorstep. He PM's me and sez these are real good, even for frozen, but you gotta get over here for the real deal. He was still mobile then.

Never got the chance to shake his hand. That was suppose to happen end of next month during a vacation block I set aside to run over there if this COVID thing cleared up a bit. The man had a heart of gold. Believe me when I say, his mantra was always "Others First". Would never let anyone do anything for him without a fight. I finally broke him down a few weeks ago to accept something from some of his friends. That concerned me because he finally gave in. I guess the writing was on the wall at that point, but I sure didn't want to believe it.
It is just amazing how gawddam, painfully accurate hindsight is. Even if you knew how many and where they were, none of the puzzle pieces fit together looking forward. But they all drop into place perfectly when looking back..........

And so much more.

I too can say that with a number of different PM's 'behind the scenes' and over the years... I'd gotten to know a bit more about Veer. Or by his other name, and "Chip" as some know of.

He did some fancy 'photoshop' work for us, in the past.... that touched us deeply. We were going through a bit of a hard time (as per THAT other thread) and when we were finally able to/in a position to "respond in kind" it was a bit of a chore to even do that. (only because HE wouldn't hear of it) And what he DID finally ask us, is to do something for his wife, as opposed to him.

To which we did it, and then some.... on 'roids. It isn't often when ANYONE can say that "he was quiet" after that,,, and we were quietly happy that we had 'that' effect, let-alone 'an' effect. Nothing needed to be said, and nobody else needed to know. THAT'S how we roll.

(I hope the intent of my thoughts comes across properly)

"Online Names" can be anything. The person behind them though.... that is a real measure.

And THAT, my friends, is what I always strive to be.

I really appreciate hearing this, as I am a newer member, but always enjoyed Veer’s incredible humor. Always wondered about his back story, as he seemed quite the interesting person, obviously brilliant. The depth of the pool here is pretty damned amazing. Thanks for sharing this, 1J04. I’m very sorry for the loss of your friend.

It's times like this that remind all us Hide members that we are not just some screen name floating in a sea of other screen names, but rather an actual person. There's no denying that Veer was a dedicated member of the Hide family and contributed a lot to the forums. May he rest in peace.

I think he would have appreciated a good joke about a "grammar Nazi", but I don't know how to do it.......:cry:
Here you go Veer, one last nazi grammer meme.

RIP Veer.

eb9.jpg

Dammit Lulu.
You've done got my eyes welling up.

I know this sounds...weird, but I think it appropriate as you guys were close.
I'm sorry, for your loss, and will add you to my prayers brother.

RIP Veer. Veer was obviously a very intelligent man. He was very witty as well. I’ll forever miss the epic smack downs he delivered to Pickle Bunny.

Kinda funny you brought this up. When we were talking the other day I told him to be on the look out for a package some of us ordered for him. We got a Black Hoodie with this on it. I was in contact yesterday with his wife again and said by the way, a package should be there any day now for Chip. When I told her she said she remembered hearing us laughing about it on a video chat. I told him let's get gangsta black. 4X I asked. He said no, better make it 5. 😆

I was so looking forward to a pic of him wearing it. It was my intent to post it without his consent.🤣🤗

Screenshot_20200426-084254_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200426-084259_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kinda funny you brought this up. When we were talking the other day I told him to be on the look out for a package some of us ordered for him. We got a Black Hoodie with this on it. I was in contact yesterday with his wife again and said by the way, a package should be there any day now for Chip. When I told her she said she remembered hearing us laughing about it on a video chat. I told him let's get gangsta black. 4X I asked. He said no, better make it 5. 😆

I was so looking forward to a pic of him wearing it. It was my intent to post it without his consent.🤣🤗

View attachment 7309037View attachment 7309038
I think he would have gotten a good laugh from you posting the pic.........:eek::ROFLMAO:

I think he would have gotten a good laugh from you posting the pic.........:eek::ROFLMAO:

I think you're right. I'm pretty certain all of us would have had a helluva laugh as well. I can just picture him wearing the damn thing and expression that would be on his face. LMFAO

So here's some good news. I just got Franks blessings to start a Good Guys With Guns (GGWG) fund raiser for Chips Wife. There is a lot of love out there for our guy, so if others would like to join us supporting him and her, well by golly, let's do it! So here we go.........(y)💪

I think you're right. I'm pretty certain all of us would have had a helluva laugh as well. I can just picture him wearing the damn thing and expression that would be on his face. LMFAO

So here's some good news. I just got Franks blessings to start a Good Guys With Guns (GGWG) fund raiser for Chips Wife. There is a lot of love out there for our guy, so if others would like to join us supporting him and her, well by golly, let's do it! So here we go.........(y)💪
Saw that, I’m in, let’s do it boys !

I only know Veer from his posts here and a few exchanges about food and local restaurants. I live not too far from where he did but never met him.

I never quite got the exchanges between him and PPB, but they were hilarious. I assume it was either an inside joke or something I just didn't get.

All I can say is that I sensed that he had something that I admire. I can't exactly verbalize it, but he had it. If his family is watching here, I would like them to know that he has touched my life in a positive way.

Man I'll miss him for sure. I was wondering where he was and why he wasn't answering, now it's saying his name three times, silence and taps.

Geez, anybody remember him going off on what's-his-ass a year or two back? Came up with that "Cockfag" award to present to him? To this day if you look up that guy's name Veer's "Cockfag" Award comes up the number one search in images.

RIP Veer, I'll miss 'ya here man.