• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

we need a crying orkan meme

I think Greg was all wrong in his advertisement of the CPS
Sell it on the easily proven merits, speed, ease and safety.
Not on some voodoo that very very few could test, verify or capitalize on.

Most people don’t buy a V3\V4 or Prometheus because it’s going to make their loads a ton better, because they won’t.

But they absolutely won’t hurt the load and are incredibly fast.
Everyone will be able to get proven results on that.
Fast is good if your loading 50 or 500.
truthfully im not to sure,

the last 10 years or so its about buying the best gear in order to buy accuracy...im guilty at times too so not shaming anyone

how many threads were there about buying the newest rifle out and immediately changing the barrel out for a bartlein (just for a quality name) and the trigger, then saying that its as good as a AI

"if i buy ..product x... i can shoot .5 all day long like the other guys say they do"

like going to the drag strip and using launch control...you arent drag racing you steering

i mean he actually says he can tell difference in accuracy by what scale was used, even though the charge weight was the same.

that right there isnt selling efficiency that is selling gear to make you shoot better.

if im wrong...skip this post lol

Reactions: Bradu
truthfully im not to sure,

the last 10 years or so its about buying the best gear in order to buy accuracy...im guilty at times too so not shaming anyone

how many threads were there about buying the newest rifle out and immediately changing the barrel out for a bartlein (just for a quality name) and the trigger, then saying that its as good as a AI

"if i buy ..product x... i can shoot .5 all day long like the other guys say they do"

like going to the drag strip and using launch control...you arent drag racing you steering

i mean he actually says he can tell difference in accuracy by what scale was used, even though the charge weight was the same.

that right there isnt selling efficiency that is selling gear to make you shoot better.

if im wrong...skip this post lol
If your selling to people that can’t get decent results, yes.
The silver bullet crowd.
Fickle crowd that will quickly turn on you or dump you because even if there is an accuracy advantage it will be hidden in the noise.

If your selling to people that had no problems getting decent results with a whizzbang press, scale, primer seater that can appreciate a good tool for speed and ease.
Stable crowd that stand by you.
But if you make big accuracy claims you better easily back them because your gonna get called on it.

I’m actually having some serious hand issues lately and would now consider a CPS or similar bench primer only because my RCBS hand squeezer is a bit painful to operate.
A tool like that would provide easy to appreciate tangible results.

Look at the Area 419 funnel, no wild claims but has very strong followers because it works and delivers.

Good seating dies, it’s the precise and easy adjustment we appreciate.

Last edited:
I can’t think of any other person on SH with a bigger personality disorder and maturity issue than Orkan. They’ve probably all been banned

As another said, this personality disorder led him, ironically, to create his own crying Orkan meme. Him standing there looking at the ground with a bouquet of posies on Valentines day. All sad and alone, entire forums of people unfairly ganging up on him. Poor poor disrespected Greg

I haven’t defended his claims at all.

I’m saying his tool works as designed can account for the variances you are suggesting.

Which by the way, you can’t even tell me if those variances exist. Here’s a hint, the rim and pocket of quality brass are the most consistent part of the case. The variances are extremely small.

And when this variances are that small, you are able to set up the crush which now accounts for the primer height variances.

You would know this if you ever measured any amount of primer pockets or primers.

I have a CPS arriving Friday. Is the depth gauge on the back end of my Mitutoyo AOS calipers capable of measuring the depth of my primer pocket and seated primer depth, allowing me to be able to set up a .002” crush? (I don’t have any other depth gauge tools). Thanks

I have a CPS arriving Friday. Is the depth gauge on the back end of my Mitutoyo AOS calipers capable of measuring the depth of my primer pocket and seated primer depth, allowing me to be able to set up a .002” crush? (I don’t have any other depth gauge tools). Thanks
Not accurately buy one of these.

Yes. Works fine for me.

Reactions: lash
I took a precision shooting course roughly 8 years ago where the wind couch in the class said this. While trying to learn how to read wind prior not a single person ever mentioned this to me nor did it cross my mind but makes total sense!
I was told the same thing in a precision rifle class that I took approximately 5years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt_3479
There's no doubt that Orkans CPS is a great bit of kit & something I would like to add to my gear.
Poor ole Orkan though, suffers from the worst case of confirmation bias I think I've ever seen.
Confirmation bias is the biggest factor in any testing & a devil of a twist to deal with. It has long been understood that it can & does creep into any testing & studies even with controls in place.
I don't feel the need to be too hard on Orkan as He's certainly not alone &, confirmation bias doesn't always mean the conclusions are incorrect by default either.
I reckon He'll come around to a less hard nosed approach eventually.

Did a quick search and it looks like he’s not doing his yearly giveaway this year. You guys pissed him off that bad huh? I’m grateful to him for giving me one last year. It is a great piece of equipment. I now enjoy priming.

Unless trued to flat, primer pockets are not level on bottom or uniform case to case.

Gauging accuracy with prairie dog kills is rich.
The Accuracy One gauge has one side of the plunger with a concave end for measuring pockets so as to take them around the outer circumference where the anvil will seat. Not perfect but they do try to address it. The other side is flat for measuring primer seated depth from the top of the cup.

My assumption that the CPS seating depth is set by stopping the seating plunger at some specific point…by restricting the range of the handle movement or otherwise.

If I am correct, then to get a consistent crush of .002” (or any other figure you want to use) it would be required that all pockets are exactly the same depth.

And they aren’t, IME, to incl Lapua from a single lot. Therefore, you would need to prep all the pockets w a tool to result in the exact same depth, which I will not waste time doing.

Otherwise, you’re just fooling yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTH1800
Oh, and even more delicious: Bryan is a fan of anti-cant device levels and contrary to others' (prominent) opinions, he says: a.) they're useful; and b.) the human ability is +/- 3 degrees not the commonly touted +/- 1 degree....the debate rages on....

ETA: at 12:45 and anti-cant device is "the most bang for the buck that there is" nuf said
Don’t tell the HNIC

Always wear earplugs when going for 2mm crush. 😂😂
Haha…thanks. I edited it. I guess I just had on my mind those hateful 2mm hex screws that are so often used.

Latest was the two 2mm hex holding the handle on an Anvil-30 that I was messing with to retime my head. I do hate those little screws and yes, eyes and ears would indeed be needed for a 2mm primer crush! Lol

That's becuase he's over on LRH becuase this forum is dead. HAHA. He's still pushing and searching for personal validation while belittling anyone who disagrees with his bullshit. He's protected there as a paying sponsor so the entitlement is nauseating. But he's a stand up Christian you know.. 🙄

Last edited:
He was vigorously protected here for quite some time. Not sure when of even if it ended. DThomas made an ass of himself warning anyone who called out Orkan’s BS.
Refresh my memory. Was Orkan the Rimfire god who did all the barrel testing if they were provided free?

Rimfire God? Heavens, no! He was an omnipotent God, and an omniscient one. If you didn’t know, he would remind you at every turn.

The only thing he didn’t know and couldn’t see or influence – his Achilles’ heel, as it were - was how retarded he looked from the outside.

Rimfire God? Heavens, no! He was an omnipotent God, and an omniscient one. If you didn’t know, he would remind you at every turn.

The only thing he didn’t know and couldn’t see or influence – his Achilles’ heel, as it were - was how retarded he looked from the outside.
I feel he would have been better off if he applied the scientific method.

Reactions: RTH1800
Grandiose Narcissist.

Surrounded by a very small, ever changing group of sycophants.

Fun show to watch once you divorce reality and realize it’s entertainment value.