• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical

HotIce

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
USA
Anyone tried them up?
Specification are a bit scarce, as I did not find any word on the internal elevation adjustment.
From SWFA:

Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical FFP

800360.jpg

Re: Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical

Sorry for not being clear enough, as I meant total internal elevation adjustment.

I wish someone would get one so we could see it. Maybe those guys will send one to Low Light.

I work for ATK which owns Weaver. I'll have to see if there is any chance that I could get a demo to play with. I'll have to make a few calls this week.

I hope that these are based on their 30mm extreme illuminated scopes. i have been hoping Weaver would make a good high magnification extreme scope for years, with their tracking ability they should realy take a large part of the market from other manufactures that have problems with scopes tracking

I've wanted to know about these since I saw the write up on 6br.com

i have an extreme that i bought on close out for $289 and find it to be truly excellent is all respects. i am a t-series fan for br and i think this new tactical will be a "best buy" for sure.

chuck

Just received one. NOT illuminated, Midway website was wrong. Mine has 58 MOA elevation adj. about 58 windage, just counting turns of the knobs.

Glass is clear, and the knobs feel great, very positive. I'll try to get some range time on it next weekend. If I keep it. Little concerned on the elevation travel, will have to see what's left to dial on a 20 MOA base.

I'll get some pics and a better review by next weekend.

Give us some details when once ya'll have used them. If have been thinking about putting one of these on my list.

The first thing you will notice when you take one out of the box is it's weight. They are heavy and feel solid. The clicks are a little lose for my liking and so are the pop up and down locking turrets.

Above average optics, great power range and FFP make these scopes a good deal.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Tactical-Rifle-Scopes-C1815.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Above average optics, great power range and FFP make these scopes a good deal.

</div></div>
as good or better than MK4??

I have always loved Weaver scopes, and use several. I know the mil dot reticle is a great reticle, when you have mil turrets. But why did Weaver not put in an option for an MOA reticle as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CD0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as good or better than MK4?? </div></div>

It's on par with Leupold.

We've been getting a pretty steady stream of them and they all go out the same day. All of our customers have been pleased with them optically. Only complaints are the weight and the wait.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Tactical-Rifle-Scopes-C1815.aspx

Does anybody else have specs on elevation travel? They look like a pretty decent scope but Im seeing specs from 40-60 MOA on the 4-20 and Id like to see a definite number lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody else have specs on elevation travel? They look like a pretty decent scope but Im seeing specs from 40-60 MOA on the 4-20 and Id like to see a definite number lol. </div></div>

Its not the "Spec", but mine adjusts 58 MOA before it stops moving. YRMV. I still can't even FIND a spec sheet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runewulf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get some pics and a better review by next weekend. </div></div>

Any update on that review runewulf?

Does anyone know whom will put in dots along the crosshairs for these? Is lee still in business? Does priemere only work on leupolds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mhett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know whom will put in dots along the crosshairs for these? Is lee still in business? Does priemere only work on leupolds? </div></div>

Premier has not worked on Leupold for many years.

mabe Low Light should test one of these and see if he can blow it up. i would love to see one with an illuminated reticle.

Well I broke down and picked up a Weaver 5-20x50 tactical. I am impressed with it on first impressions. It is a heavy scope, weighs 1lb 12oz. on my kitchen scale. Marked Made in Japan on bottom of scope. The turrets are nice. The clicks are audible and feel crisp. It has a feature where you push the knobs down and it prevents the turrets from moving, pull up and you can start dialing. You reset the knobs by unscrewing the top cap of the tuurets and you will find a brass machined screw underneath to remove and reset. The focus knob is imprinted with yardage from 25 to 500 and infinity and turns smoothly. The internal adjustments are 58 MOA from stop to stop on both elevation and windage. I think this will do for the rifle I am putting it on (243 shooting 115 Dtacs at 2950fps around 27 moa to reach 1k)with a 20 moa base. I won't know for sure until I mount it and boresight. May not work for a 308 out to 1k. But supposedly the 3.5-15x50 has 10 more MOA of adjustment. The finish is very matte (USO like)and seems like it will hold up to a lot of abuse. The glass is clear, at least as clear as my Mark 4 and maybe a tad off the Nightforce I used to have. The reticle is standard mil-dot, the crosshairs are a little thick at 20x power but gets progressively thinner as you dial down in power (FFP is nice). On first impressions, I like this scope a lot and is a good buy for the money. But I won't know for sure until I put it through the paces at the range.

If it's a good scope and won't make the distance, the problem's not in the scope but in the base. 58MOA is a <span style="font-style: italic">ton</span> of usable elevation, as long as the base places it in proper reference to SR and LR zeros.

I bed my bases to custom match them to the rifle and the scope's elevation range. Using shims I determine and set the proper elevation range, then glass bed the base to lock in the proper elevation slope. IMHO, the scope should zero at the minimum distance with only 3-5MOA further downward adjustment left on the scope. That way the windage is not bound up at the bottom, and the 1000yd elevation adjustment falls at or near the middle of the elevation range, where windage adjustment travel is least bound by elevation adjustment-related restrictions.

Greg

I shot an e-mail to Weaver inquiring about the availability of MIL adjustments. The rep was unsure about whether MIL adjustments will be available in the future, but has passed along the suggestion.

Another thing to keep in mind, this scope is long and with the 4" sunshade, the scope end is halfway down the barrel. Plus it has huge amounts of eye relief. I boresighted it and I have 7 moa from the bottom with a TPS 20 MOA base and TPS low rings. Just clears the barrel with the flip-up cap installed. All set for the range now. Hopefully I can get out this weekend.

I see a 3-15X in my future. I foresee it happening sooner if they made it MIL/MIL.

So .. my scope came yesterday to me - it was very hard way from USA to Czech Republic, besause of your stupid rules of exporting a weapon accessories .. but now it is here.

And here you have photos: (4x, 6x, 12x, 20x, turrets)

4x.jpg

6x.jpg

12x.jpg

20x.jpg

scope.jpg

First impression - very nice! Heavy piece of optics, nice clear picture, very thin crosshair, turrets build very nice.

BUT .. scope comes withnout any accessories - no covers, no sunshade .. nothing. It is a shame for a scope of this quality, that manufacturer is not able to give you this accessories in price - you must order it separately. But i assumed it, because Weaver still was not able to do a photo of scope and crosshair to their web pages and catalogue. Not very good advertisement..

BUT .. what is more important .. scope is very good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always loved Weaver scopes, and use several. I know the mil dot reticle is a great reticle, when you have mil turrets. But why did Weaver not put in an option for an MOA reticle as well? </div></div>

I would rather the Mill turrets mabe they could make a moa reticle for you and a mill turret for me?

if they were Mill/Mill i would already have one.

Mornin folks.. any of you tried purchasing flip-up lens covers for the Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical FFP