• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver's warranty

Arenchar

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
Muskogee, OK
I'm in the market for my first of what I would consider 'high end' scopes. It's between two different models: The Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 SFP, and the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP with EMDR reticle. I will be using it for target shooting with a Rem. 700 .223 at ranges between 100 and 700 (or so) yds. Hunting varmint upon rare occasion.

I have heard nothing but perfect things about Vortex's warranty on their items, how does Weaver's compare?

All input appreciated, Thanks.

Re: Weaver's warranty

Thank you for the links Bedlam.

I'd like to hear some experiences with Weavers customer service too, if possible.

Im in the same boat as you, Im looking at the same scopes. I have no experience with Weavers warranty and the only thing holding me up on the Weaver is the warranty. I have heard the Vortex warranty is as good as it gets from several people.

Everyone I have spoken to that has had reason to deal with Vortex on a warranty issue was treated well, with their issue resolved quickly.

While I like my Weavers, Vortex seems to have an unbeatable warranty, and an excellent product.

For what it's worth, we rarely see returns on either of the two brands.

Mark H.

Weavers non transferable warranty is a big hang up for me, especially since I've been keeping an eye on the used market. Can't comment on Vortex's warranty as my Viper has been perfect and I haven't had to deal with them.

Vortex is the way to go. My 4-16 FFP PST went back shortly after I bought it off the hide for dust on the reticle. 7 days later it returned perfect and has not had a hang up since. It also has a very dusty competition under it now. Very good scope, worth every penny. I may be selling mine soon, only to fund a Razor HD. I will continue to buy Vortex until something changes. Their warranty is, NO MATTER WHAT, IT GETS FIXED.