• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Webley & Scott Xocet

Glad that I got mine when they were $180. They are averaging about $400 now.
I actually just bought a second one on Gun Broker for $205. Hoping this one likes the suppressor better. I'll do all the same tricks to this one as well.

Hi, are there any news regarding the bolt knob?
After grinding down the sear and shortening the trigger-spring, what gives me a really decent trigger, the bolt knob is the next issue i would like to fix.

Fleischwunde

Attachments

• _20200331_172204.JPG
    _20200331_172204.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Had a Savage MKII couple years ago I used a sidegrinder and a file to remove a bolt knob then used a tap on it. I then just bought a lnob for a rem700

Fleischwunde, one thing that improved the feel of my trigger was cutting off the skeleton to mimic a cz455. I plan on getting some plasti-dip and trying to dip it red also, maybe.

Anyone know if the CZ455 prefit barrels will go on these? That 'Savage' like trigger blade looks like a stupid addition for no practical purpose. Wonder who's bright idea that was? Interested to know how they go at 100 yds. Anyone shot one accuracy testing at that distance?

The barrel tenons and trigger internals were "inspired" by CZ455 but are different. I tried. Mine shoots very very good but has a LARGE shift when you screw a can on. The sleeve on my barrel seems to be not cut square that causes it to pull to one side when a can is snugged up. Had two that way.

20210207_131443.jpg
20210213_195513.jpg
Here's mine. This one didn't have the skeleton trigger. Trigger pull was close to 10lbs though. Cut a couple coils off and has definitely helped. The barrel channel needed some work as well. I found the same thing as Nodal. The barrel sleeve wasn't cut square. I put it in the lathe and fixed that, lucky it was long enough I had some material to work with. The collar at the muzzle definitely isn't a tight fit on the barrel. All in all, it's a pretty good rifle. I've managed some ⅜" groups at 50 yds.

Very interested. Did you disassemble the barrel or just square up the shelf the suppressor seats on to?

I disassembled the barrel. I had the barrel out of the receiver. With the muzzle down I just pushed the sleeve off the collar at the chamber end. To get the muzzle end collar out of the sleeve I just dropped a socket down the sleeve and a few drops later the collar popped out. The sleeve is the piece wrapped in green masking tape in the above picture.

73CB364D-54A8-402C-8713-6C634DD1ECBB.jpeg
Here's a picture of the impact shift with changing the tension the thread protector had against the barrel sleeve. 50yds

My shift was triple that when I snugged on my can. All other 22 I have shift that is not noticed with same tension on the suppressor

I looked at the pics better and understand now. I'll try disassembling mine next week when I get back

Yeah. Sorry. Not very good instructions and I didn't really get any good pictures of it apart. I wish I would have tried shooting it without the sleeve on, just for curiosity but the weather wasn't cooperating and I wanted to put it back together. This is the only other picture I have of it apart. This is the collar that I had to tap out of the sleeve.
20210214_090839.jpg

I got mine trimmed back and squared up. Used bench sander and a file. I can conclude with full confirmation the shroud is 100% cosmetic. Looks cool but no useful purpose like tensioning or stiffening. I will have to see if my impact shift still exists but I'll wager its gone.

For those who want to take theirs off just grab the muzzle end and yank it off. That easy.

Reactions: Martin3970
View attachment 7032306

I recently picked up a Webley & Scott Xocet and wanted to give a quick review. The Xocet has a price tag of ~$180 depending where you shop for it. I’m lucky enough to have an FFL buddy that could get me one for a good price so figured I would give it a shot.

Online specs say it weighs 7.5lbs but upon arrival, it weighed in at 5lb 10oz’s on my scale. Pretty comparable to the average rimfire despite having a carbon fiber barrel. It is hard to describe how it feels in hand. It balances excellent with the balance point being centered in the rifle.

The best way I can describe the feel of the rifle is, a quality built cheap rifle. The bolt is smooth, but the knob feels cheap. The stock has great ergonomics, but feels like your typical Tupperware stock. Trigger is crisp, yet heavier than my liking. I would estimate it to be about a 5lb or so trigger. The trigger has an Accu-Trigger look to it but the center “blade” does not press into the center of the trigger. Kind of odd feeling but crisp as previously mentioned.

The rifle comes with two, 10 round magazines that lock in and drop freely, as a quality rifle should. The rifle feeds flawless and extracted every round flawlessly. When cycling the bolt, at times I would reach and miss the bolt due to it having a much more flush fit to the stock versus a typical bolt rifle that has the bolt extruding from the stock a bit more.

View attachment 7032315

Now for what everyone came here to see, how does it shoot? I robbed an SWFA fixed 10 power scope off an AR15 I had so I had to deal with rings that are too tall. With a less than ideal cheek rest (or should I say, chin rest) due to the tall rings, I am blown away by accuracy thus far. We have had loads of snow here so I only tested 25 yards, but so far things look promising.

View attachment 7032316

Shown above is a 5 round, 25 yard group shooting CCI SV. (For reference, the dot I was aiming at is about the size of a match head). I do not believe in 25 yard groups for proof of accuracy, but it still says something for a $180 rifle. Groups like this were easily repeatable. Once it warms up a bit more, I will shoot some 50 yard groups and feed it some higher quality ammo to see what it is truly capable of. If it deems a shooter, it may fall info my wife’s hands for an NRL22 rifle. Stay tuned for more groups.

i have one and agree it’s accurate, I’m using it for a 200m fly comp with a Nikko stirling scope and it works well enough to do,Pete with much more expensive toys. I did find the grub screws holding the barrel to the action came loose after 300 odd rounds. I had to pull it apart, threadlock the screws and retighten. This fixed the light strike problem that started after 300 rounds. Now works like a dream. Great little trainer.

Not sure how I missed this… but very cool rifle and I will look for one. Have a Webley-scott thing!

Not sure what marketing muppet came up with calling it an Xocet, though.

There are a lot of British sailors, aviators and Royal Marines who don’t like that name at all.

Great thread, looks like a fantastic rifle!

Sirhr