• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

weighing brass

Re: weighing brass

What is your intended purpose? While weighing brass for benchrest is pretty normal- for smacking steel I don't think it'll make a huge difference.

I shoot F class and gave that brass weight stuff up long ago. In saying that, I only shoot Lapua brass,..which is GTG.

I just got a .338 lapua and all i shot in it is lapua brass you think lapua brass is the way to go in the .308 also to get better accuracy.

I never weigh brass, just bullets.

Another +1 for Lapua brass. Very consistent.

Lapua is pretty "kick ass". Its all I shoot in my F class rifle.

If I was shooting something different,..not a match barrel, tight chamber, etc...then I probably wouldn't spend the cash on the Lapua brass.

Wow! no one ever asked this question. I am gonna make up a form letter for these posts.

I have weighed brass. I have loaded many years, over 30. I have revisited weighing brass a couple times over the years. If I was shooting 1000yd BR again I would not weigh my brass, I would determine ACTUAL case capacity of each case and sort from that. EVEN THEN it would possibly make 1/2 minute difference at 1000yds, if that much, the challenge is PROVING IT. In that instance 1/2 minute can mean the difference between a world record or just a winner, yes it may be important then.
ANYTHING else you will do with a rifle, besides some BR game, weighing brass takes a huge backseat to your ability to pull the trigger, read the wind, actual accuracy of your rifle, form, and your ability to control your gray matter.
Benchrest voodoo is a waste of time for a great majority of shooters.
Shoot the gun. Spend your time practicing with as much ammo as you can load. Spend less time trying to do every little thing someone on a internet forum tells you to do at a loading bench.
If like some you want to be snide and insist you have plenty of time for loading by all means weigh your brass.
What do I know, I sell shrimp out of a van.

PS Almost forgot. It's a HUGE waste of time.

Only thing I weigh is the powder charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only thing I weigh is the powder charge.</div></div>

Second that.

Sorting cases by weight only matters if every thing else considered a "variable" has been eliminated.

The time spend weighing cases could be better spent on practicing technique.