• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weird gun purchases?

So rather than get a tool that gives very precise measurements to 1,000+ yards and has proven to be instrumental in the precision rifle world (LRF), you got a measuring wheel???

Wow....just, wow....
I would have thought that applying the formula of 2piR to the wheels on the wheelchair would have made more sense? One bit of tape to count rotations, a diameter of the wheel and a pocket calculator.... problem solved!

Or measure in smoots.

Sirhr

So rather than get a tool that gives very precise measurements to 1,000+ yards and has proven to be instrumental in the precision rifle world (LRF), you got a measuring wheel???

Wow....just, wow....

I roll old school.

Kids today dont get it.

You prolly dont understand that.

Or why the LRF is inefficient for this job.

Kids, today.

Old school like... before the wheel was invented!

Bumpy, but I guess it could work. Easier distance formula, too.

55D99C86-5B51-457E-B64A-C53FFAEC64D5.jpeg

I roll old school.

Kids today dont get it.

You prolly dont understand that.

Or why the LRF is inefficient for this job.

Kids, today.

There's a reason why we have a tendency to progress and adapt from what we learn as a collective community.

If not, then we'd all still be in caves banging rocks together.

But hey, I'll let you do you.

And no, I don't understand why an LRF is "inefficient" for the job of measuring distances in your specific case, yet a measuring wheel is.

Just make sure you have staples loaded when you cool the range and roll out to 100 to "verify". I can just imagine the other shooters going into a coma waiting for you to post that over sized 10 ring.

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
not that strange a purchase , I just paid 50 dollars each for two brass catchers that are 10.00 pool skimmers and 1/2 the size of the bench my range has for people to shoot on they could double as soccer nets . So if ever I am attacked by stray baseballs or pool scum I am safe or feel like catching stray pitbulls is my new thing I have the nets. The tiny 1 inch x 1 inch pic and no size printed did not do justice to the size of these things . that and the know your limit target that I really should have read the description way more the picture showed one size Its actual size varied a lot .

And no, I don't understand why an LRF is "inefficient" for the job of measuring distances in your specific case, yet a measuring wheel is.

I think I figured this out. What's the name of that movie with Angelina Jolee? The one where the fabric weaver would give a clue as to someone that needs to be taken out of society. They could shoot around corners and make their shots bend.
Maybe our super hero has gone to the next level and a range finder just gives you a straight line distance?

He must have an electric wheel chair. Because how else can he move forward while hold that rolling ruler? He would just spin in a circle in a manual chair.

View attachment 7126588

Bought one of these screwy things. Between drinking SpinD, measuring target distances with my pocket multi- tool and bothering others while they are shooting... I put a few few rounds down range to make the metal things go, Ding! :LOL:

How do you make the metal thing go ding when you don't have a see through, looky, looky thing on top?

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I think I figured this out. What's the name of that movie with Angelina Jolee? The one where the fabric weaver would give a clue as to someone that needs to be taken out of society. They could shoot around corners and make their shots bend.
Maybe our super hero has gone to the next level and a range finder just gives you a straight line distance?
I think it’s more like “Nell” the Jodie Foster movie about the Appalachian Mowgli... you can assign your own character names as you see fit!

Cheers, Sirhr

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Holee jeezus!
Measuring wheel..,..the "jelly donut" of the target distance measuring world. Especially in this instance. I'll let R.Lee sum up my emotions.

Makes me wonder if the measuring wheel comes with a bubble level? That way you can add trig to your calculations and get the up/down angle!

Cheers,

Sirhr

• Love
Reactions: armorpl8chikn