• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Welcome To Cat Facts

G

rsQ93.png

Re: Welcome To Cat Facts

Here's a "cat fact" I can verify: your feline friend will start snacking on your deceased remains almost immediately, usually beginning work on your face.

A canine will nearly starve before nibbling on his former owner's dead body. Happy Thursday cat fanciers! LOL CKruse

Cat fact #3. If you choose the correct roadside stand on the way to Howard AFB, cats can be quite tasty...

cat fact # 5
•A cat's heart beats at the rate of 110 to 140 beats per minute.

Unless you shoot it with 50 grn v-max, then it beats, zero beats a minute.

aam.
Try 34gr win in .22mag !
one head shot and a flop, out to 100 yards. Everytime.
And they are cheaper than centerfire.

It is hard to hit the less than softball size head while moving.
but practice makes perfect. And it can be done off hand.

A 12 gauge scatter gun will remove all nine lives at once plus a few other parts for good measure.

Cat fact #37: Ailurophile is the word cat lovers are officially called by one another. But to the rest of the world, they are just called crazy cat lady.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cats will go out and kill things and bring them to you. Dogs won't.
</div></div>

FALSE ^

Plenty of dogs kill and retrieve.

Some do it on instinct. My brother had a small female pitbull with a love, for killing anything with four legs. It was the nicest dog ever to any human but it made a career out of ridding the earth of stray cats. It even ran in a woman's house once and stole kittens from the mom cat. It would always kill cats and bring them back to the house. When she would see you she would run up to you and shake the cat so hard it sounded like a rattle bag used for hunting deer. Then she would drop it at your feet, wag her tail and sit down next to you facing the yard, looking for the next intruder. She might have been 50 lbs and was not taught to do it, wasn't punished either until it went into the house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cats will go out and kill things and bring them to you. Dogs won't.
</div></div>

Definitely not my experience. Had a Cocker Spaniel when I was younger and it would kill ANYTHING smaller then itself. You would go outside in the morning and there would be dead snakes, burrowing owls, rabbits, and mice. She would just sit there by her kills and wag her tail, never ate any that I saw. I was most impressed with the owls as they can be quite cantankerous.

R78, running into someones house and killing animals? Phew! Hardly a stray or intruder. Sadly I have way too much experience dealing with the effects of similar treatment of children by dogs like this, so my judgement is colored. (Even the exact example provided, nothing short of horrific.) Punish? There wouldn't be much left to bury

What is up with all the cat hate? Maybe its cause i grew up with them in our house and my family all seemed to keep them, I've got a skewed view. All the cats I've owned in my life have been excellent pets. My current feline (inspector hairy callahan) waits at the door for me when i come home from work. He plays fetch with paper. Its very fascinating to watch him stalk and hunt as he is a serious predator, but he also snuggles. Id love to have a dog too but you can't leave a dog home overnight responsibly.

I like me some cats too. The current one in my house plays with the dog like its a dog. They flip each other over, go for the ears, wait by the door, come when called, and are great pets. It also likes its belly rubbed and is very docile. You just have to find the right one. Its also funny to have an all black cat and refer to him as "Blackie Chan" every now and then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wasn't punished either until it went into the house. </div></div>

You must have missed that part ^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plastikosmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">R78, running into someones house and killing animals? Phew! Hardly a stray or intruder. Sadly I have way too much experience dealing with the effects of similar treatment of children by dogs like this, so my judgement is colored. (Even the exact example provided, nothing short of horrific.) Punish? There wouldn't be much left to bury </div></div>

It wasn't punished for killing stray shit eating cats but like I said, it was punished when she went into the house. She was put to sleep after that.

With some exception. This thread is great!
My favorite is how some cat owners say "my cat is like a dog"?
Enough said.

As a teenager I had a cat that showed up at the ranch (someone throw it out along the highway) and he turned out to be the greatest friend and pet ever. He would even go rabbit hunting with me. Damn thing would kill rats bigger than him. Our old dog was even saved by him one time. Lady (the dog) got into a fight with a very big raccon and due to being a very old dog (basically no teeth) the coon was getting the upper hand. Well this cat of mine comes flying off the front porch lands on top of the coon and according to my mom coon hair started flying. That cat literally gutted that raccon which by the out weighed the cat by about 20lbs. That cat killed the coon then stayed between the dead coon and Lady till we got to the house and toook the dog to the vet. After that those two were best buds till the day Lady died.

Cat Fact #77 Cat's truly do have 9 lives....

this has personally been verified.... Only respectable thing about 'em

Cat Fact#78 curiosity really did kill the cat

Check this video out...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz-sC-vSIXk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz-sC-vSIXk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

If anyone knows how to make it show up on this screen please go ahead, or tell me because that's one thing I can't figure out.

Also check out how big this dead snake is. Maybe some of it is from being dead and bloated but its huge.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IogEiKhEJFo&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IogEiKhEJFo&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Got it for ya. Pretty funny.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz-sC-vSIXk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz-sC-vSIXk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

We had an old wash house/shed next to our farm house that all the farm cats lived in. Each window had a pane or two of glass missing. If you would open the walk in door to grab something, my border collie Bo would go boilin' in there just to pester those cats. It sounded like a war zone in there and from the outside it looked like that building was oozing cats out of every broken window pane. Kind of like a Play Dough press.

Used to feed a couple of tom cats over here, they never came inside, but they weren't afraid to come right up to you. They were great for keeping the rat population down in the yard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gondy223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cat fact: When hanging a cat, use bailing twine. </div></div>

Thanks dude, I almost spewed coffee all over my laptop.

Cat fact #157:"Domestic and feral cats are responsible for killing over 39 Million songbirds per year."
One of the reasons you hardly ever hear a bobwhite quail, in what should be prime habitat, is the encroachment of "house pussies" into rural and suburban areas.
Damn a cat.

I love hearing bob whites and talking back to them via whistling. Although they are few and far between. Quail are also nice to see bobbing around in the yard where I used to live.

Amen to that MULLETHEAD. The only good cat is one thats inside out. The neighbors cat(s) spray my front porch and shrubs. I would rather suck a skunks ass then smell that nasty ass cat spray. Glad I got my .22 can!

I hate my wife's cats , the fucken house can't stay clean without something being broke, vomited on or explored by these POS. to bad I can't get rid of them! By the way they love to eat coffe creamer.
Do they make that flavored with ricin!

If you have almond flavored coffee creamer, a little arsenic would go right in without anyone noticing. Just make sure to label it.

Damn Skippy! I've seen more than one tom on the prowl while bow hunting in places where there used to be quail! When my grandpa was alive there was a male bobwhite that would walk through their yard during the summer and come amongst us. Coincidentally the cat population was kept in check.....

2 arrows in my quiver have older broadheads on them just for any cat that comes through when I'm in the treestand and they never survive being in range with a gun in hand. Wacked one with the bow last season sitting on a stump at 40 yds. and it never moved. It twitched a touch at the shot then just sat there...thought I missed but wasn't going to send another $20 bill at it as i only had one crap arrow that day. After about 45 min and it hadn't moved i just had to get down and check it out. Upon arrival I found it was deader than a doornail, clean shot through the chest still sitting there. The coons down by the creek ate well that nite!

The majority of you boasting of your pest-ridding exploits might do well to shut up...shooting a domestic cat is a crime in most states, and will get you in serious trouble should anyone pin it on you. The odds are slim if you live in the boondocks, but if you have cat-loving neighbors, best to shoot, shovel, and shut the hell up...and keep it that way. Loose lips may sink your gun-ownership forever, if you're in a state where it's a felony.

People who kill domestic cats are either serial killers in the making, or some sick f**king loser who has no life and nothing better to do than kill an innocent cat that can't fight back.

Lot of the replies in this thread sicken me.

"People who kill <span style="color: #CC0000">coyotes </span>are either serial killers in the making, or some sick f**king loser who has no life and nothing better to do than kill an innocent <span style="color: #FF0000">coyote</span> that can't fight back."

Samey same. All hunters and gun owners have been accused of this bullshit you are slinging at one time or another. More so now than ever.
The goddamned fucks that work at the animal shelter here go out and release animals destined for euthanization. I will not expound on how I know that beyond saying my neighborhood was a fucking drop zone. Too many people(animal lovers) move to the goddamned country and think they can now keep all the cats or dogs they want with no reguard for their neighbors with livestock and animals of their own. They also have no clue, the serious impact that 6 or 8 fucking "house" cats can make on the local small game population. I am very sorry to tell you that cats are not a domestic animal. There are a few that are more docile than others but dukes mix shelter run cats are mostly predators waiting to be freed into the wild. I see it every fucking year.
I have a cat and a couple dogs and even a snake and everything except the snake wears a collar with rabies tags. Any animal NOT wearing a fucking tag should be shot on sight. Rabies is a serious situation in many counties in this country and we have the fucking bunny hugging PETA fucks to thank for that.....oh yeah it is their fault. If shooting a goddamned cat without a rabies tag is a felony then throwing red paint on a beautiful woman wearing a fur coat should carry the death penalty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also check out how big this dead snake is. Maybe some of it is from being dead and bloated but its huge.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IogEiKhEJFo&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IogEiKhEJFo&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Dude, you suck. I read what you posted and naturally thought it was dead until the end, at which point I jumped about 10 feet in the air. LOL

The coolest thing I have ever seen growing up on the ranch was the flop dance a dog did when a 150gr roundnose 30-30 went through its head back when I was 15 yrs old.

Yeah, in life, there's right, wrong, and <span style="font-style: italic">cool.</span> Riiiight.