• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Welding Titanium

Just noting that these questions were not answered with anything other than “call us and we will sell you shit.”

Hi,

.gov can purchase from where?
DoD FedMall?
GSA?

What is NSN for your suppressors?

Sincerely,
Theis

Yes. Because, for now, that's how the .gov/.mil can get them.

Last edited:
Sure.

So, complete design, length, weight, and material changes of your silencers to match our's is totally coincidence? Even after our's was released...

Bore diameter and OAL don't matter...noted.

So, send us your silencers, like we did for you, and allow us to test and compare them please. We are happy to pay 2x retail pricing.

Thank you.

Again, you and your team are welcome to come to our shop in Artesia whenever you want. Bring your non-spec Larson Davis LXT1-QPR if you really want to, and we'll do a side by side comparison here. If it's planned far enough ahead we'll have bloggers and YouTube people come out and witness the event and get it on film and possibly do an article or two on the event. You can even bring your own rifle, ammo, and silencer so you know we didn't tamper with the one we have here.

But we will not be sending you our rifle silencer unsupervised so you can reverse engineer it. It'll be available to you when they are for sale on the civilian market like everyone else.

Also, the Hyperion baffle design was modeled up before Q was even a company. It just took us a long while to get it on the machines since we were focusing on rimfire and handgun at the time.

Last edited:
Again, you and your team are welcome to come to our shop in Artesia whenever you want. Bring your non-spec Larson Davis LXT1-QPR if you really want to, and we'll do a side by side comparison here. If it's planned far enough ahead we'll have bloggers and YouTube people come out and witness the event and get it on film and possibly do an article or two on the event. You can even bring your own rifle, ammo, and silencer so you know we didn't tamper with the one we have here.

But we will not be sending you our rifle silencer unsupervised so you can reverse engineer it. It'll be available to you when they are for sale on the civilian market like everyone else.

Also, the Hyperion baffle design was modeled up before Q was even a company. It just took us a long while to get it on the machines since we were focusing on rimfire and handgun at the time.

So, again, we gladly sold you and shipped you our silencers, but you are unwilling to reciprocate?

If so, tells me everything.

My next can will be from suppressor Jesus.
SuppressorJesus.jpg

Prolly won't get a can but might be all over that 338 blackout
Now if we can just get the 300blk leupold reticle in a NX8

Reactions: paco ramirez
I was waiting for the whole hearing protection act to pass, as then I was going to go on a buying spree for suppressors.

But since I doubt our elected republicans will actually do anything pro 2A because apparently they are more concerned with pleasing those that hate them passionately than the people that elected them, I might as well just get started and live with the paperwork and delays.

So how soon are all these new suppressors going to be on the market & reviewed / compared etc?
Is there a specific place that is going to for sure do all the testing / reviews & a time frame for the reviews & availability of items?

If I were looking to buy another can right now, which I'm not at the moment, I would not choose either of these two joker's cans. At least not until there actually got real market share and plenty of real user reviews instead of this bragging nonesense.

Go TBAC or even SAS, since they both actually have a track record of making good products without all of this ridiculous infighting and blather. You think that you will really notice the difference between one of these so-called miracle cans and other fine modern cans? I don't.

Just get a ultra. If you keep waiting for the best newest cutting edge stuff you will never have anything

Besides cans are like potato chips. You end having a ton

When cans get old they don't stop working. I'm still rocking a Sprectrum 90, Sandstorm and Evo9 among others. Guess what. They work fine. Might be a little heavier and a tad louder than the new stuff but that's it. I am waiting on an ultra 9 tho.
Evo 9 still doing work
image.jpg

Last edited:
If I were looking to buy another can right now, which I'm not at the moment, I would not choose either of these two joker's cans. At least not until there actually got real market share and plenty of real user reviews instead of this bragging nonesense.

Go TBAC or even SAS, since they both actually have a track record of making good products without all of this ridiculous infighting and blather. You think that you will really notice the difference between one of these so-called miracle cans and other fine modern cans? I don't.

All this is, is the big guy trying to bully the little guy into submission because he's afraid. It's that simple.

People that have heard these two silencers side by side as observers and as shooters have told him that our silencer is quieter on the meter and at the ear, so he already believes it. He just won't admit it publicly. He's all sound and fury signifying nothing.

I noticed you're in Central Florida. If you could've made it to the NFA Review Shoot 2018 a few weeks back you could've heard almost the whole line of miracle cans in person. We've metered our Hyperion silencer as being 14dB quieter than a Silencerco Omega on 20" 6.5 Creedmoor multiple times. I'd say that silencer is considered fine and modern by many, and 14dB is a massive difference. But believe it or don't. I'll meter them side by side as I previously outlined in the thread. That usually helps create believers.

Just get a ultra. If you keep waiting for the best newest cutting edge stuff you will never have anything

Besides cans are like potato chips. You end having a ton

The TBAC Ultra is awesome, I'd recommend it. And you do most definitely end up with a ton of silencers.

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
All this is, is the big guy trying to bully the little guy into submission because he's afraid. It's that simple.

People that have heard these two silencers side by side as observers and as shooters have told him that our silencer is quieter on the meter and at the ear, so he already believes it. He just won't admit it publicly. He's all sound and fury signifying nothing.

I noticed you're in Central Florida. If you could've made it to the NFA Review Shoot 2018 a few weeks back you could've heard almost the whole line of miracle cans in person. We've metered our Hyperion silencer as being 14dB quieter than a Silencerco Omega on 20" 6.5 Creedmoor multiple times. I'd say that silencer is considered fine and modern by many, and 14dB is a massive difference. But believe it or don't. I'll meter them side by side as I previously outlined in the thread. That usually helps create believers.

The TBAC Ultra is awesome, I'd recommend it. And you do most definitely end up with a ton of silencers.
I do not have a reason to disbelieve you and am always willing to be proven wrong, especially when it comes down to new and proven better products.

Was anyone in this thread part of these videos? Looks like they did the several cans, the Full Nelson, and Hyperion included.

Audio is bad so its hard to hear the numbers.

ETA:

Got the numbers for the videos above and included the Omega also. None were far apart but the Omega and Hyperion metered almost the same with the Full Nelson about 1-2db louder.

I am not posting any claims, just passing along some informtion that was collected by someone else on NFA Talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: paco ramirez
That was me doing the shooting in the videos. Last time I do that because the humidity and the sunburn I got was ridiculous.

@Potss posted about that earlier in the thread and it's already been discussed. It was a really weird day for it, not sure what caused it exactly. KG Made who cosponsored the event can confirm it was definitely an off day as the metering on everyone's rifle cans we fired that day didn't match what he usually gets either and the normal dB splits weren't there. KG has heard and fired the Hyperion in comparison against whatever rifle can it was that we shot while he was here. I think it was a Q Full Nelson or SIG SRD 762TiQD. It was actually such a significant difference at Red Hill (where the event was held) that when he heard me shooting Hyperion on an AR15 he didn't believe that's what it was, because it doesn't normally sound like it did there.

KG taught us how to properly weld titanium, he's a genius and has been a huge help to us.

The Omega and Hyperion have never been that close together except for that day, but on that day everything supersonic sounded the same. The Full Nelson and Hyperion have never been as close as they were there either. At Red Hill you're basically sitting in a rectangular bowl surrounded 360 deg by tall trees, and we were about 20' from one of the tree walls, so sound reflection was extremely loud. I'm going to try to get out to their next event coming up in mid July.

Was anyone in this thread part of these videos? Looks like they did the several cans, the Full Nelson, and Hyperion included.

Audio is bad so its hard to hear the numbers.

ETA:

Got the numbers for the videos above and included the Omega also. None were far apart but the Omega and Hyperion metered almost the same with the Full Nelson about 1-2db louder.

I am not posting any claims, just passing along some informtion that was collected by someone else on NFA Talk.

Oops, I missed where those videos were already discussed.

I do find it odd that your can performed different in that scenario vs. other suppressors which were pretty consistent with previous testing. Still, I'll believe a 14Db difference when I see it. ;)

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Oops, I missed where those videos were already discussed.

I do find it odd that your can performed different in that scenario vs. other suppressors which were pretty consistent with previous testing. Still, I'll believe a 14Db difference when I see it. ;)

I should've clarified, the event and numbers were discussed previously. Not the videos. I'll put up a quick video we took last year of the variance on my Instagram page and edit this post to add the links. It wasn't 1.6m off the ground, but it was 1m left of muzzle. That's all I've got on my phone so far for that one. Should be up in around ten minutes. I'll redo the test according to the parameters I previously mentioned this coming week.

ETA:

This was before we started metering at the silencer muzzle instead of the gun muzzle. We originally did it at the gun muzzle because the general consensus was that it didn't matter, and we did it like this because that was how Silencer Shop did it at the time. I don't know if they've changed to metering at the silencer muzzle, but we have changed to the silencer muzzle to align with the way our customers meter our products and to avoid vanity metering.

Omega 300
Hyperion 264

We'll get the whole set up done this week so you can see the shooter in the main video and the meter in an inset video. Everything will be shown in the video, including measuring the mic distances from the tripod, unboxing the ammo, loading the mags, etc. It'll all be done in one continuous take so everyone knows there's no skewing of the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I was going to do the first round of metering videos this weekend, but I ended up deciding to drive to Dallas for the NRA Show to see what that event’s all about. But this week after the show it’ll get done and posted the night after filming.

I was going to do the first round of metering videos this weekend, but I ended up deciding to drive to Dallas for the NRA Show to see what that event’s all about. But this week after the show it’ll get done and posted the night after filming.

Please repost the one where .260 metered 124 dB pls.

If you are carrying your stuff around, pls bring it by for us to see. We are in the Silencer Shop booth.

So about those welds... Kevin can you post a picture of the failed suppressor that Capital armory shot?

So about those welds... Kevin can you post a picture of the failed suppressor that Capital armory shot?
Sure. At NRA. I think we have it with us if anyone wants to see it, too. Give me until this afternoon or tomorrow to post pic, I’ve got to figure out where it is.

Capital’s silencer...

Attachments

• B6F6D7DD-0CE5-40CF-8512-2F839583A630.jpeg
    B6F6D7DD-0CE5-40CF-8512-2F839583A630.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 285
  • 6E350BEB-E53C-4FFD-8C6C-2DFF597770AF.jpeg
    6E350BEB-E53C-4FFD-8C6C-2DFF597770AF.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 288
  • 8D914A1F-D7A4-4A09-B3E8-E48BA757FBD4.jpeg
    8D914A1F-D7A4-4A09-B3E8-E48BA757FBD4.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 271
I’ll send you a full Nelson. You can keep it. I don’t really need it anymore. Plus if there is no same day same host same ammo comparison we are all back to square one.

I'll buy it for $100 plus shipping. Shot one yesterday along with some competitors. I liked it.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
So, serious question here. Maybe we can be civil.

If colored titanium welds are actually bad and we all know that there’s a shitload of government of issued and presumably hard used AAC silencers out there; are the cans breaking because of the welds?

517B4617-33E9-4570-9E20-95480AD88CA9.jpeg
1C56CABF-6F71-47F2-9AAE-74AE46180B9E.jpeg
5F1FAF21-49BE-461E-BAAE-2C1495F2B277.jpeg

People seem fixated on "quiet" - not sure why - its kind of like the ink jet printe rwars of the 90's , everyone went after the higher DPI but those in the business knew the quality of the pic had little to do with DPI - its just what the marketing folks , of the lesser product, came up with to confuse the ignorant public - i see so many parallels to the suppressor market.

Give me durability, customer service, min POI shift across attaches over 1-3 dBs any day of the week .... we dont shoot cans to be "silent" we shoot cans as they reduce blast and noise, but dont eliminate it ... i use em so my young children arent intimidated by the blast mostly.

People seem fixated on "quiet" - not sure why - its kind of like the ink jet printe rwars of the 90's , everyone went after the higher DPI but those in the business knew the quality of the pic had little to do with DPI - its just what the marketing folks , of the lesser product, came up with to confuse the ignorant public - i see so many parallels to the suppressor market.

Give me durability, customer service, min POI shift across attaches over 1-3 dBs any day of the week .... we dont shoot cans to be "silent" we shoot cans as they reduce blast and noise, but dont eliminate it ... i use em so my young children arent intimidated by the blast mostly.

I absolutely agree, especially since I’ve heard cans that metered louder than others, but sounded better due to tone, but I digress.

Seriously, if this titanium weld color thing is an issue, do we have examples? Is it a theoretically danger, or have there been failures that were documented with titanium cans? Or will the cans with better welds last longer than the ones with improper welds?

I absolutely agree, especially since I’ve heard cans that metered louder than others, but sounded better due to tone, but I digress.

Seriously, if this titanium weld color thing is an issue, do we have examples? Is it a theoretically danger, or have there been failures that were documented with titanium cans? Or will the cans with better welds last longer than the ones with improper welds?
Proper welds in theory will last longer. How much longer? I have no idea. I imagine there are too many variables to put a number on it. Like why some barrels last longer than others.

Yep, buy a ThunderBeast. They have owners you won't be ashamed to be associated with by how they act on forums.

There’s forums and there’s real life. Where do you reside? In which reality does it matter whom designed my 556 can so long as it meters at 132db?

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham